What is the combo method for a Non-O visa.

48 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

The IO is incorrect if you intend to use the Combo method.

That would only require 400K funds for 12 months prior to the date of application, plus 12 months evidence of 35K overseas transfers, which would total 820K for the year.

It's because folk lied on their affidavits and Stat Decs, which was an abuse of the system, that led to the meetings between Thai Immigration and Foreign Embassies and the eventual withdrawal of the service.

Well, yes and no. The embassy was tasked with actually "verifying the funds. They refused. I can print a benefit letter from Social Security any time. They ARE the government so I'm sure they could too .... if they wanted to. They won't even verify a letter from their own administration. But to get a passport, I had to supply a Social Security number. I got their "notarized" document in 2016. Fill out a form, raise your right hand, say "Yep". Pay $50 in US CURRENCY.  (LOSE MONEY IN EXCHANGE). Yeah, they're all about working for their citizens. LOL. Seems most other embassies don't have a problem.  Just the "English" ones.

I have a theory on that too.

Go to their web site, note that they have an "approved" list of attorneys to help your family get your funds back if you die here. It can take a year and 30% of you bank balance. So I would assume "everyone" in this process is working to make it as "smooth" as possible for the heirs. Greasy hands is my point. Hey, that's why attorneys make up the most politicians. Because they're always working for your benefit(s).

Ever meet one you could trust?

Me neither.

Edited by Joebuzzz
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Joebuzzz said:

this garbage is the direct result of the US Embassy refusing to notarize a benefit letter from Social Security. Why?

This was because people were paying $50 to the US Embassy, vs ~$350 to immigration's "agents" - to get their "no-money in-the-bank" extensions.  

This was interfering in the flow of funds into brown-envelopes, so Thai immigration asked them (and the UK and Australia) to quit issuing those letters.

4 hours ago, Joebuzzz said:

The embassy was tasked with actually "verifying the funds. They refused. I can print a benefit letter from Social Security any time. They ARE the government so I'm sure they could too .... if they wanted to.

Actually, it is against federal law for our embassy to do what was being requested.  BUT, it is a USA Federal Felony to lie on that affidavit - and I never heard of a single case of anyone being referred to the FBI by Thai Authorities for not having the income they claimed.

• Haha 1