Any website for foreign resident to calculate onlinethe Personal Income Tax ?

Hi, is there any website for foreign resident to calculate online the personal income tax in Thailand ? I'm 51 years old, i used to transfer every month (about 40.000 THB) to Thailand my incomes from renting my house in Belgium. I'm married to a thai woman and i have one kid 12 years old. Do you think, i will pay some taxes ?

THanks for your help

Cheers

55 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

It is still.not clear whether or not revised legislation re remittances from abroad, or foreign income, will be enacted. 

Nonsense, it has been enacted as of Jan 1, 2024.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

A post not in English and replies have been removed.

Reminder rule 16. English is the only permitted language anywhere on ASEAN NOW, except within the Thai language  forum, where using Thai is allowed. Short Thai translations of technical terms are permitted in specialty  forums. While we make allowances for members who do not speak English as their first language, we expect everyone to make an effort to post in a manner that allows others to understand their posts. As an international  forum we have members from many countries in the world, and English is not the first language of every poster.

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

This, by far the most useful website I have seen so far on this topic. The FAQ section, in particular is very informative.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention. 

Yes but I have to question a couple of the statements or at least their implications - (my bolding in the quotes)

Under the FAQs - 

Thailand signed up to the automatic exchange of information – Common Reporting Standards (CRS) – in 2020. They receive data from over 130 countries that are signed up to CRS. Thailand’s Revenue Department have links with other revenue department software, and they share information automatically every quarter for bank accounts, pensions, credit cards, as well as the account balances and transactions within that quarter for Thai tax residents. Therefore, the information is already being remitted and sent to the Thai Revenue Department. 

Not sure if they mean quarterly from financial institutions in Thailand to TRD only but CRS data is, according to what I have read and mentioned on one of their other pages, an annual exercise within countries.

I am also not convinced about the statement to do with credit cards

https://www.expattaxthailand.com/how-crs-enables-thailands-tax-authorities-to-track-your-finances/

ATM Withdrawals and Payments

Expats often ask if withdrawing cash in Thailand from an overseas account or paying a third party, like school fees with a foreign credit card, counts as a remittance taxable in Thailand. The answer is yes. Both types of transactions are seen as remittances into Thailand and are taxable. Under the CRS, these transactions are automatically reported to the Revenue Department, making them aware of these financial activities.

Details Automatically Reported

• Name
  • Address
  • Tax identification number
  • Account balance or value
  • Financial activity, including withdrawals and deposits

This process ensures that comprehensive financial data is shared under the CRS guidelines.

I don't see anything in the OECD CRS info which says that they automatically report every transaction as it specifies - Section 2, A - 

https://web-archive.oecd.org/tax/automatic-exchange/common-reporting-standard/common-reporting-standard-and-related-commentaries/index.htm#d.en.345314

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, topt said:

Yes but I have to question a couple of the statements or at least their implications - (my bolding in the quotes)

Under the FAQs - 

Not sure if they mean quarterly from financial institutions in Thailand to TRD only but CRS data is, according to what I have read and mentioned on one of their other pages, an annual exercise within countries.

I am also not convinced about the statement to do with credit cards

https://www.expattaxthailand.com/how-crs-enables-thailands-tax-authorities-to-track-your-finances/

I don't see anything in the OECD CRS info which says that they automatically report every transaction as it specifies - Section 2, A - 

https://web-archive.oecd.org/tax/automatic-exchange/common-reporting-standard/common-reporting-standard-and-related-commentaries/index.htm#d.en.345314

I'm just the messenger. Make of it what you will.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

Nonsense, it has been enacted as of Jan 1, 2024.

Nonsense I would say nothing has been enacted legally and every last bit of this stinking tax swamp it very much up in the air...

• Confused 3
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Moonlover said:

This, by far the most useful website I have seen so far on this topic. The FAQ section, in particular is very informative.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention. 

You reckon? IMO it is clearly retaining essential info, for instance "Yes LTR must file a return on a new form recently posted on TRD's website". But no link to the form provided. Just another one drumming up business.

Edited by Ben Zioner

7 hours ago, Everyman said:

You don’t need a calculator. The number is zero. 

Thanks for your very specific and enlightening post. Would you mine elaborating and telling us exactly which number is zero? "The number is zero" has to be the most absurdly vague and meaningless post I have ever seen on this forum. Good job. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

I have to agree. I have been told twice recently, "But the law has been enacted!!"

Yes, it has been enacted, now the question is will it be applied? Based on my 15 years of experience in Thailand, I am 75% confident that when they actually realise the insurmountable problems this causes, they will just not do it.

But hey, we will see…

In a year when nothing has happened the hysteria will have grown even bigger.  I will take a decade before everyone forgets about it. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Everyman said:

In a year when nothing has happened the hysteria will have grown even bigger.  I will take a decade before everyone forgets about it. 

People have a tendency to forget about stuff very quickly. As soon as the media stop reporting about something, the collective mind moves onto something else…