High hopes: Anutin’s green light for cannabis bill in Thailand

4 minutes ago, TheAppletons said:

Poster rethaired said "We'd like to know".....sounds like weed like to know.  Cannabis is colloquially known as weed.  

😌yup... senile... i was focusing on 'know' for some reason. i didnt see the forest for the trees

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, aussiebrian said:

I would say all drugs should be legalised or at the least decriminalised. Would you rather the criminals, mafia, crime families to be running the drug trade leading to corruption of police, politicians, judges, murders,  blackmail, including other related crime in weapon sales, large numbers (up to 80%) of people in prisons for drug related crime.. Or.. having it controlled by the government, where people could get education, drug rehabilitation, not tear families apart, better relations of public with police, more time for police to fight real crime?

There should be sensible laws to control of drugs like making it a crime for the seller, selling to children under 18

Drugs are a health issue, the war on drugs has been a horrible failure. 

What on earth is to be gained making them illegal. Many people that go to jail start using hard drugs in jail. If they can't keep drugs out of jails, how do you think making them illegal will stop people them using them or keep them out of society. 

The more crackdowns of drugs, the higher the cost of drugs become, the more incentive there is for people to sell drugs.

There would also be a lot less muggings in the street, scams, house breakings, and insurance policy prices would naturally drop. 

If someone wants to use drugs, making them illegal will not stop them from using them. Look at the current situation we find ourselves in. Try thinking outside the box. If someone wants to overdose on heroin, well let them, they will and can do it now.

Think of the amount of money that would be saved which could be used for rehabilitation and educating people what the drugs do their body, brain and family life. Ex heroin addicts should be going around schools to educate the young from using drugs and where they could end up. 

Ok, it´s a little bit shallow, but please go on..........

I can’t read this. This kind of news reminds me of my childhood trauma. My mom used to take me to department stores and shopping malls when I was a toddler and I would be there watching her pick out some clothes and think they were the beat ones. I would get so exited to be back asleep in the car. Then she would change her mind. This went on for Like five hours probably ine a week. It was excruciating.  That was one individual common civilian.  I don’t understand how anyone could trust the Thai government to not backtrack.  

16 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

It´s a shame they are allowed to call themselves a name including health with that kind of sick stance.

They could not care less about health effects of recreational use.  That is just an excuse to make it illegal so they can profit from medical use.

I can't really understand what this article is saying.  It started out clear enough but the last part just muddied the waters again.  Are they leaning towards making it illegal for recreational or not? I know Anutin has a lot of sway so whatever he says carries a lot of weight.

Edited by shdmn
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, lordgrinz said:

Adding another vice to an already lawless society with out-of-control corruption, is the worst idea for the country. Work on eliminating/reducing corruption (and the culture that embraces it), start enforcing existing laws and regulations (abolish the RTP and start over again), only then should they talk about relaxing cannabis laws.

It leads to the opposite conclusion. In a corrupt country there is no way a ban can be enforced as it"s always possible to bribe.

Banning cannabis would actually extend the scope of corruption.

Edited by candide
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/26/2024 at 6:28 AM, Gottfrid said:

Why? What benefits can you possibly see in that?

It looks like a question to me, rather than a statement. 

I'm not sure it was serious either. 

• Confused 1

On 7/26/2024 at 10:37 AM, Tropicalevo said:

Little chance of things being sorted properly when he keeps on flip flopping, as is his want.

Next decriminalise Yabba?

Concerning decriminalizing Yabba, most likely:

It won't be his wont to make it legal.

His wont is more likely to be his acting according to his wants.

On 7/26/2024 at 11:37 AM, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Anutin could be the next PM if Srettha is sacked by the Court.  Anutin is letting 'them' know that is what he would do - it is a compromise for their support.  It is also now his Party's position - and as the senior Partner in the coalition Government, then he is also telling them what his Party would accept and support going forward. Simple politics 101. 

As a Dirty Farang , I accept his Nomination 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, sambum said:

Didn't I hear a rumour that he had a lot of money invested in the "ganqa" business? :whistling::sorry:

Big Farm in CM all my police friends in Isaan are growing also 

• Like 2

"PM Srettha instructed the MoPH on May 8 to amend regulations to allow cannabis to be reclassified as a narcotic drug, while still permitting its use strictly for medical and health promotion purposes."

Translated:
Anutin is going to protect the interests of wealthy individuals and corporate stakeholders who invested heavily in the cannabis business while throwing all of the small and medium business who invested in setting up retail cannabis businesses under the bus.

It's the same model used during the Covid "pandemic": 
Essential Businesses (allowed to remain open):  Large corporate stakeholders and businesses run by wealthy and connected Thais.
Non-Essential Businesses (forced to close):  Average Thai commoners

"The rich get richer and the poor get poorer
In the meantime, in-bеtween time, ain't we got fun."

Well - fun for the Thai wealthy to crush the lower and middle classes and laugh!
😁 "Ha ha ha ha ha - sucks to be you, commoners!" 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, connda said:

"PM Srettha instructed the MoPH on May 8 to amend regulations to allow cannabis to be reclassified as a narcotic drug, while still permitting its use strictly for medical and health promotion purposes."

Translated:
Anutin is going to protect the interests of wealthy individuals and corporate stakeholders who invested heavily in the cannabis business while throwing all of the small and medium business who invested in setting up retail cannabis businesses under the bus.

It's the same model used during the Covid "pandemic": 
Essential Businesses (allowed to remain open):  Large corporate stakeholders and businesses run by wealthy and connected Thais.
Non-Essential Businesses (forced to close):  Average Thai commoners

"The rich get richer and the poor get poorer
In the meantime, in-bеtween time, ain't we got fun."

Well - fun for the Thai wealthy to crush the lower and middle classes and laugh!
😁 "Ha ha ha ha ha - sucks to be you, commoners!" 

No evidence of this..

We are talking weed, not political conspiracy rumors...

Thailand is an agricultural country. No way to put small producers out of business. Will there be big players? Of course.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sambum said:

Didn't I hear a rumour that he had a lot of money invested in the "ganqa" business? :whistling::sorry:

I believe that is not a rumour but that it more of a fact, and what some would say is a fact, in fact 😉

• Haha 1

On 7/26/2024 at 2:15 PM, Pouatchee said:

sorry rethaired i dont get the pun, i even checked the meaning of 'pun' to make sure i wasmt senile yet...

maybe my bad... but what 2bahy failed to understand, i guess, is that the whole purpose of a blog is to discuss and question things. i dont hold his what seems to be cynical comment against him cos i know he actually is pro weed. seems like all the anti weed folks are pulling made up facts and polls out of their arses... and that is what needs to be questioned.

once again... sorry but i didnt get it ✌️

Pouatchee-

I piggybacked on what I see as a valid question of what the article described as “scientific evidence”… 

Stop apologizing- it’s all good!

Edited by RethairedJarhead
Saying less because TheAppletons already clarified :-)