Dating In Thailand : On Immaturity

I'm meeting extremely immature women in Thailand when I date.

Is that the culture? Some are fun to be around but I can't imagine introducing any to my family or doing something serious.

Best I describe it is immaturity, giggling, kind of a shallowness of character or superficiality. Or, is it a language issue where nothing serious is discussed because the language is not there?

Anyone else have this problem?

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

I'm meeting extremely immature women in Thailand when I date.

Is that the culture? Some are fun to be around but I can't imagine introducing any to my family or doing something serious.

Best I describe it is immaturity, giggling, kind of a shallowness of character or superficiality. Or, is it a language issue where nothing serious is discussed because the language is not there?

Anyone else have this problem?

What is their education level?

• Sad 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Some of us like immature giggling girls.

Many Thais try to behave and say what they think the other person wants to see and hear. 

I understand that. After years living here however, I'm increasingly finding the immaturity a turn off and an irritation. It seems like they can't be serious (without being mad or gloomy) for want of a better description. So it's either immature shallow stuff and 'stupid happy', or the other extreme of mad no talk, etc.

The other thing I don't like that kind of goes along with the immaturity is the pinching and play slapping stuff. Can't stand that unless it's only once in awhile.

I'm even seeking non-thai's more and more and only wanting to date foreigners because the maturity level is so much better. 

Edited by JimTripper
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, JimTripper said:

I'm looking for a smart worldly sophisticated woman like the kind James Bond meets. They could be of any nationality or color. I'm not finding that here.

Can you see James Bond with these immature Thai ladies, would never happen.

I think you need to look in the mirror and keep it real. An older pom pui farang isn't so bad, more cushion for the pushin

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I think you need to look in the mirror and keep it real. An older pom pui farang isn't so bad, more cushion for the pushin

I thought you hated fat people.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Yeah 3 levels above you. JJ market is your idea of travel :cheesy:

Got any more 40 Baht bargains for us this week? image.gif

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Well it's not genetic for sure.

Mrs G is all Thai, but brought up in the US, moved to Singapore where we met.

She's as feisty and mature as they get.

She's actually better educated than me, and trust me holds her own in fight

In fact our adult son remarked recently that his wife said to him, "i'd never mess with your Mom, she'd whip my ass"

Never a truer statement, and dammit I love that feisty badass lol

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, bob smith said:

all you need to do to assess their maturity level is take a look at the garbage they watch every night on TV.

bob.

Well I question that.

I've been married to two very smart women and both of them had and do have some very questionable choices in TV program preferences

....that may be genetic!

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Sad 1