Thoughts on the opening ceremony at the Paris Olympics

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Did you see the opening cemerony?

The parts along the Seine were quite nice. But some of the other parts? Rarely have I ever seen something done in such poor taste. Yikes. The dinner scene? The ladyboys crawling and shimmying on the ground? The kids partying with the queens? I'm watching it again and I can see the symbology, 13 people, one of them is wearing a crown sitting at a long table, it does look like a deliberate mockery of Christianity. I don't really get it, it was so unnecessary, it was sloppy, it was highly inelegant, ugly, and it was just very badly done. The only woman who's not in drag, is 400 lbs and ugly, what is that all about? Is there some anti woman symbology there, or is it an insult to the French monarchies of the past, or is it a tribute to obesity? Or is it just a lame and ineffective celebration of PC culture? 

I mean this is France, with a history of great culture. How did they let it descend to this level? Who dreamt this up, how did it get approved, why did they do it, and how can we cancel them? LOL.

This was unbelievably bad. It was vomit inducing, and I am a very tolerant person. I respect other people's sexual preferences, and I respect other people's lifestyles, but why disrespect hundreds of millions of people? Just because you can?

Have not seen an opening ceremony since 2012. Never enjoyed any of them really. Just political statements. I enjoy the track and field events.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

lady gaga used to be soooo bodacious... she blames her weight gain on her father's restaurant. it saddens me to see how she let herself go this way. her song wasnt very good and she should have practiced her french enunciation more. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

lady gaga used to be soooo bodacious... she blames her weight gain on her father's restaurant. it saddens me to see how she let herself go this way. her song wasnt very good and she should have practiced her french enunciation more. 

gaga is on a short list of people who gained early acceptance into tisch school of the arts. 

18 minutes ago, stoner said:

was that the venue to express like that though ? many people feel it was hardly family friendly. 

I bet it wasn’t the actual kids who were complaining just the over protective Karen parents. 

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

3 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

I bet it wasn’t the actual kids who were complaining just the over protective Karen parents. 

give your head a shake troll. kids are vegetables. also using the word karen is kind of a pejorative now..... you now that right ? 

see how easy it is ?  

Edited by stoner
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

why disrespect hundreds of millions of people? Just because you can?

I didn’t feel disrespected.

Did you feel disrespected?

Too much sensitivity and wokeness these days.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, novacova said:

How long have you been on planet earth? In case you didn’t know, women earthlings tend to take on more rounder shape as they age.

straight from the lady's mouth

the article is dated but still could be one reason.

i have known many portuguese, italian, spanish women and i know how 'voluptuous' they get with age... but one would expect more from lady gaga... i still love her old videos

https://www.wbur.org/news/2012/09/26/lady-gaga-weight-gain

Edited by Pouatchee

I think it would have been way better if they had had statues of Trump and everyone could p*ss and sh*t on him, and then they could wipe with American flags. They could also raise a lot of money for gender affirming care by auctioning the shat-on statues and flags to rich leftists. 

Too bad no one thought of it...maybe they can start doing it a Kamala's fundraisers. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 5
  • Haha 2