Southport Stabbing: Child Killed and Several Injured in Taylor Swift-Themed Workshop Attack

Social Media

I always thought that speaking a lot and saying nothing was a trait peculiar to Thais but the UK media along with our pathetic politicians are doing a good job of convincing me otherwise.  Hours and hours of public statements and hollow platitudes but never once mentioning the attacker. How bizarre is that 

• Agree 1

And now our esteemed home secretary Evette Cooper is desperately blaming social media for continuing speculation.  and begging for the police to be allowed to do their jobs,  the police have been allowed to do their jobs, but it appears they are not being  encouraged or allowed to broadcast an update as to what they have uncovered over the past 24 hours, Its not like there is a shortage of police involved

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

Ask the police.

I would but as its not possible I thought I would invite others on here to discuss the matter,  Cant say I was expecting a stupid comment like yours in response though

Just now, Bday Prang said:

I would but as its not possible I thought I would invite others on here to discuss the matter,  Cant say I was expecting a stupid comment like yours in response though

It was just part of the police statement and it is clear enough.

Now, if you really want to be an obtuse oaf, then just carry on in the corner. 

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

It was just part of the police statement and it is clear enough.

Now, if you really want to be an obtuse oaf, then just carry on in the corner. 

you appear to be bi polar  one half being a sad virtue signaller  with comments like "sleep well little angels"    the other being an equally sad  troll making smarmy replies to valid questions  like  "ask the police"  and attempting to hurl pathetic insults when called out.   Left wing I imagine probably woke

33 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Do you remember the James Bulger case?  They were not named, they were even given secret new identities and they were not even brown!!

Of course I remember the Bulger case I live not far from where the body was found, If I remember correctly no anti terrorism police were involved and it was not considered  necessary to deny any links to terrorism, probably because there were no links to terrorism.  They were named,  Robert Thompson and John Venables and photographs were published,  the anonymity came later after they were convicted.

They should have been executed, and if the left leaning members of society didn't have the stomach for that then it should have been done secretly.   

• Confused 3

As expected it has just been announced that the knife man was of course "known to the authorities" and apparently was being watched !! 

I would suggest that whoever was tasked with watching him is booked into specsavers (after he's been sacked of course).  This must be very embarrassing for the authorities . no wonder they have little to say on the matter

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

you appear to be bi polar  one half being a sad virtue signaller  with comments like "sleep well little angels"    the other being an equally sad  troll making smarmy replies to valid questions  like  "ask the police"  and attempting to hurl pathetic insults when called out.   Left wing I imagine probably woke

Well that just tells me how thick you are. Byeoh.

3 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

You just made all of that up. All of it.

Nobody "passes people off" as being ages they are not. If he is under 18 he is legally a minor and minors are not named until either they turn 18 or their trials are complete (but a judge can decide this if they are still under 18). It is S45 of the Youth Justice and Criminal Evidence Act 1999. Black and white, a legal ruling. 

Do you remember the James Bulger case?  They were not named, they were even given secret new identities and they were not even brown!!

The rest of your post is just paranoid racist nonsense.

People have been passing themselves off as younger or older since time immemorial for a variety of reasons, my grandfather  for example lied about his age in order to fight for his country in the first world war,

More recently an arrangement was made by the government  to accept some child refugees, I think it was called "the dublin agreement "  anyway the emphasis is on "child" some of those who ended up fostering these "kids" were quite surprised when  they had to buy him a new razor every other day and another was confirmed as being at least 20 year old by a dentist who treated his wisdom tooth

I'm surprised by your accusations of racism ,  but only because you left it to the end of your rather sad attempt at a reply, your sort usually start shouting such insults as soon as you realise you are losing the argument which was clearly the case from the start.

There was nothing racist in my post whatsoever, I was criticising what I personally consider to be an overly lenient legal system, the only person who mentioned colour was you "they weren't even brown"   Your racism accusation actually looks rather stupid as a result.

There is no love lost between me and Georgia Georgia but  I must say he is a very shrewd  judge of character and he has you sussed. Apparently you like to go crying to the moderators, when you get upset,   how would you feel if you were described as a paranoid racist  would you go running to a moderator?     

16 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

"A 17-year-old male from Banks in Lancashire, who was born in Cardiff, has been arrested on suspicion of murder and attempted murder and has been taken to a police station where he will be interviewed by detectives.

https://www.merseyside.police.uk/news/merseyside/news/2024/july/statement-from-chief-constable-serena-kennedy-following-major-incident-in-southport/

HOW in the **** could someone find your post funny?!?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Of course I remember the Bulger case I live not far from where the body was found, If I remember correctly no anti terrorism police were involved and it was not considered  necessary to deny any links to terrorism, probably because there were no links to terrorism.  They were named,  Robert Thompson and John Venables and photographs were published,  the anonymity came later after they were convicted.

They should have been executed, and if the left leaning members of society didn't have the stomach for that then it should have been done secretly.   

So you're in favour of the state involving itself in extra judicial killings?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

The police look overwhelmed:  

The UK police have taught the people that the only way you get appeasement and your wishes granted is to riot and cause problems.  Has anyone in the Leeds riots been arrested or were they appeased and the children handed back despite being taken away for their safety? Did Starmer come out demanding that they face the full force of the law as he has in this case?  Have the muslim thugs in Manchester even been charged yet?  Have the Bangledeshi rioters faced "the full force of the law", or is the "full force of the law" only used when it is white people expressing their rightful disgust and anger at the killing of 3 innocent girls who were just 6,7 and 9 years old?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/article/2024/jul/30/far-right-attack-police-outside-southport-mosque-after-knife-killings

Maybe this is the point where the people of the UK do actually stand up and say enough is enough. 

• Sad 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, James105 said:

The UK police have taught the people that the only way you get appeasement and your wishes granted is to riot and cause problems.  Has anyone in the Leeds riots been arrested or were they appeased and the children handed back despite being taken away for their safety? Did Starmer come out demanding that they face the full force of the law as he has in this case?  Have the muslim thugs in Manchester even been charged yet?  Have the Bangledeshi rioters faced "the full force of the law", or is the "full force of the law" only used when it is white people expressing their rightful disgust and anger at the killing of 3 innocent girls who were just 6,7 and 9 years old?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/article/2024/jul/30/far-right-attack-police-outside-southport-mosque-after-knife-killings

Maybe this is the point where the people of the UK do actually stand up and say enough is enough. 

Your support for rioting ant violent attack in the police is noted.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Your support for rioting ant violent attack in the police is noted.

Your lack of understanding about why people might be angry about the massacre of 3 innocent little girls is noted.   Maybe you want to look up the meaning of catharsis.

Besides, all I was really suggesting is that this is yet another example of the 2 tiered law enforcement system in the UK.   Would these riots have happened if the Roma Gypsies or the Bangladeshis had felt the "full force of the law" in the past 2 weeks in the same way Starmer has demanded of this one specifically?  We'll never know as that didn't happen.   

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Allegedly 17,   just about the only detail they have released, and its probably a lie.    We now know the full names of the three dead kids, but are kept in the dark regarding the attacker  why would that be? 

Because he is 17 and cannot legally be named, until a judge decides.

• Agree 2

43 minutes ago, James105 said:

Your lack of understanding about why people might be angry about the massacre of 3 innocent little girls is noted.   Maybe you want to look up the meaning of catharsis.

Besides, all I was really suggesting is that this is yet another example of the 2 tiered law enforcement system in the UK.   Would these riots have happened if the Roma Gypsies or the Bangladeshis had felt the "full force of the law" in the past 2 weeks in the same way Starmer has demanded of this one specifically?  We'll never know as that didn't happen.   

You assume my ‘lack of understanding’.

• Agree 1

1) This is potential powder keg that could spread

2) Has the Home Secretary or even the new PM been there yet? I realize the new PM has only been in office for weeks but something like this comes with the job. 

10 hours ago, Bangkokhatter said:

is it really appropiate to put one of your childish emoji's on a topic such as this ?

Can if I want, in a comment looking at the nutters that live in the UK....🤨

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Sadly This is normal rhetoric, from those who are prejudice against all Muslims or Black people. 

and if it does indeed transpire that the perp was muslim, and not 17 as initially stated, what then?

bob.

Edited by bob smith
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

23 hours ago, James105 said:

The question is, at what point do the people of the UK say that they have had their fill of cultural enrichment and say enough is enough.  In just the last few weeks:

- Riots in leeds (Roma Gypsies)

- Bangladeshi riots in Whitechapel

- Solder stabbed in Kent (Islam)

- Muslim men attacking armed police in Manchester

- Multiple children attacked with knives in Southport (attacker origin currently withheld for all the obvious reasons)

RIP to the kids that were killed and hope the ones that are critical make it. 

and the perpetrator is put down as a rabid dog would be.

Just now, bob smith said:

and if it does indeed turn out that the perp was muslim, and not 17 as was stated, what then?

bob.

What then ? more riots against innocent people i'll expect, and it doesn't make all Muslims murderers. And what if he is a Christian and not 17' what then ?

• Agree 1

Just now, brianthainess said:

What then ? more riots against innocent people i'll expect, and it doesn't make all Muslims murderers. And what if he is a Christian and not 17' what then ?

let's wait and see shall we..

bob.

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

If he was Christian we more than likely we already would have been told as this would quickly dispel the rumours that it is yet another Islamic attack.  This "not all muslims are murderers line" is getting old now.  They call themselves a community, they have their own unelected "community leaders" and they live in a parallel society in the UK.   The police are scared of them, the politicians are scared of them, there is a teacher in Batley still in hiding for his life as he committed blasphemy.  Lighting candles has not worked.  Singing "don't look back in anger" has not worked.   Burying heads in the sand, crossing fingers and hoping they integrate into wider society has not worked.  

What then?  Well the UK really needs strong leadership to tackle this powder keg but the UK does not have strong leaders.  It has the equivalent of Neville Chamberlain - an appeaser.   In the absence of strong leadership then something else will fill that vacuum, and I doubt it will be pretty.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 2