Southport Stabbing: Child Killed and Several Injured in Taylor Swift-Themed Workshop Attack

Social Media

8 hours ago, James105 said:

Stating that makes you "far right" in leftist parlance.  The people have tried the democratic approach with regards to controlling immigration for the past 14 years, consistently voting for the party that kept making promises that immigration would be reduced to a more manageable level of tens of thousands per year.   Not only was this ignored, but it was actively accelerated against the wishes of the people.  There has never been a mandate to fundamentally make such a drastic change to the country.  

So the people have tried the democratic approach and it failed, and what happens when democracy fails?  Probably something like we are seeing. People have been warning about this for many, many years and every single time they were labelled as far right and racist in order to shut down any debate on this.   I'm surprised people are surprised by what is happening. 

I will be very surprised if any of the rioters have "tried the democratic approach", ie, have voted.

Did democracy fail in 1919, or did the rioters have a noble cause?

HO-45_11017_377969_6_001-cropped.gif

HO-45-11017-377969-5-cropped-scaled.jpg

HO-45-11017-7-joined.jpg

• Confused 1

First rioters appearing in court. Backgrounds seem very Victorian

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/live-updates-court-violent-disorder-29678441

Leanne Hodgson, 43, of Holborn Road, Sunderland, has pleaded guilty to violent disorder.

The court hears she was caught on footage pushing a large bin towards a line of police. John Garside, prosecuting, said: “There was a large crowd cheering and joining in. She was arrested at her home address.”

The court hears Hodgson has six previous convictions for 11 offences.

Annalisa Moscardini, defending, said: “She has alcohol problems. She had gone out earlier that day, she was not involved in the original march. She had been in the pub, the pub was closed down [for safety reasons] and she came out into the street and was very drunk and angry.

“She [was seen] pushing a bin…she has long running alcohol problems and mental health issues. She would like mental health input…she acted stupidly.”

Hodgson has been remanded into custody until September 2.

Josh Kellett, 29, of Southcroft, Washington, also known as Josh Major, pleaded guilty to violent disorder in the city centre. He was seen “throwing a stone” at police while wearing a balaclava. John Garside, prosecuting, told the court that Kellett was identified from his tattoos and arrested.

The court was told he had 20 previous convictions for 32 offences, including a public order offence and violence. He was remanded into custody and will be sentenced at crown court on September 2.

Andrew Smith, 41, of High Street East, Sunderland, was the first to appear this morning. He pleaded guilty to violent disorder at Keel Square and was crying throughout proceedings.

John Garside, prosecuting, told the court Smith was seen "throwing an object at police" while wearing a balaclava. He said: "He was bitten by a police dog and taken to the ground."

Paul McAlinden, defending, said Smith was "entitled to credit" for his guilty plea and "recognises the wrong decisions he made". He added that Smith has issues with alcohol and that "alcohol played a part on Friday night".

Smith was remanded into custody and will be sentenced on September 2.

In the past, this lot would have been deported to the Colonies (which meant living in a prison ship for upto 2 years, while they filled it, before sailing).

Where to put them. Could be some rich irony.  In 1982, the MOD chartered the Bibby Venture and the Bibby Resolution to serve as floating barracks in the Falklands. These were later sold to New York City as Prison ships during a period of over crowding. Later the Resolution was sold back to the UK, and became HMP Weare at Portland. The ship later became oil worker accomodation in Nigeria, and apparently survives. More recently, the idea was revived with the Bibby Stockholm, to house migrants undergoing processing to determine their legal status. Apparently it provides very comfortable accomodation. Its now being decommissioned; while the decision was taken by the incoming government, really there have been months of objection from Dorset residents.

Perhaps it should be repurposed as a floating prison for these rioters, a return to the traditional values that presumably drove them to destroy property and people. Mail bag sewing is a bit passe, but I think Holiday Inn has some laundry that needs hemming.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, MicroB said:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/live-updates-court-violent-disorder-29678441

In the past, this lot would have been deported to the Colonies (which meant living in a prison ship for upto 2 years, while they filled it, before sailing).

Where to put them. Could be some rich irony.  In 1982, the MOD chartered the Bibby Venture and the Bibby Resolution to serve as floating barracks in the Falklands. These were later sold to New York City as Prison ships during a period of over crowding. Later the Resolution was sold back to the UK, and became HMP Weare at Portland. The ship later became oil worker accomodation in Nigeria, and apparently survives. More recently, the idea was revived with the Bibby Stockholm, to house migrants undergoing processing to determine their legal status. Apparently it provides very comfortable accomodation. Its now being decommissioned; while the decision was taken by the incoming government, really there have been months of objection from Dorset residents.

Perhaps it should be repurposed as a floating prison for these rioters, a return to the traditional values that presumably drove them to destroy property and people. Mail bag sewing is a bit passe, but I think Holiday Inn has some laundry that needs hemming.

I liked this:

"Andrew Smith, 41, of High Street East, Sunderland, was the first to appear this morning. He pleaded guilty to violent disorder at Keel Square and was crying throughout proceedings.". Tough guy.

Anyone remember this goon from the red shirt protests with his big stick telling everyone he was going to smash Central World, loot it and burn it. Then when he got to court he also burst in to tears. Amazing how hard these people are when surrounded by like minded knuckle draggers and how easily they burst in to tears when they get in to trouble. I bet Jeff Savage would love to be looting some sausage rolls right now.

• Confused 2

15 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You find the definition and f Islamophobia online.

You can find the topic of discussion at the top of the thread.

The heinous crime being discussed is nothing to do with Islam or Muslims.

You might want to explain why you think your disgraceful post has anything at all to do with heinous crime under discussion.

I listed a very small percentage of the thousands of slaughters of thousands of innocent western civilians, perpetrated by Muslims as my reason for fearing Islam. I explained quite clearly that my fear is rationally based on these, and hundreds of other such events, and has nothing whatsoever to do with any phobia.

I did this in response to you accusing me of Islamophobia, but you have been so far indoctrinated by left wing media and your own moral grandstanding, that you refuse point blank to allow any discussion about the greatest ever threat to western civilisation; instead, like all left wing protagonists, you just squeal ‘Islamophobia’ like a flag waving campus  protester.

Within a day of the appalling slaughter of the 3 young girls, the focus had shifted to the riots and speculation about if he was a Muslim or not, as can be seen all over the many pages of comments on here; Mosques have been targeted in the riots, so to mention Islam is quite valid on this thread, and you are not the adjudicator on that, although your default position is to immediately close down any discussion about Islam.

These riots are about Islam in the UK, the killing of the 3 little girls was just the excuse to start; this is about 30 years of Pakistani grooming gangs being given licence by the left to commit thousands of sexual assaults and rapes of indigenous white girls. It is about the 30 (and counting) Sharia councils operating in the UK against UK law, promoting the female genital mutilation of 12 year old children, and the forced marriage of prepubescent schoolgirls to old men; but you wouldn’t know anything about that not living in England for the last 30 years, and only gleaning UK news from the Guardian, the BBC, or the Independent.

1 minute ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

I listed a very small percentage of the thousands of slaughters of thousands of innocent western civilians, perpetrated by Muslims as my reason for fearing Islam. I explained quite clearly that my fear is rationally based on these, and hundreds of other such events, and has nothing whatsoever to do with any phobia.

I did this in response to you accusing me of Islamophobia, but you have been so far indoctrinated by left wing media and your own moral grandstanding, that you refuse point blank to allow any discussion about the greatest ever threat to western civilisation; instead, like all left wing protagonists, you just squeal ‘Islamophobia’ like a flag waving campus  protester.

Within a day of the appalling slaughter of the 3 young girls, the focus had shifted to the riots and speculation about if he was a Muslim or not, as can be seen all over the many pages of comments on here; Mosques have been targeted in the riots, so to mention Islam is quite valid on this thread, and you are not the adjudicator on that, although your default position is to immediately close down any discussion about Islam.

These riots are about Islam in the UK, the killing of the 3 little girls was just the excuse to start; this is about 30 years of Pakistani grooming gangs being given licence by the left to commit thousands of sexual assaults and rapes of indigenous white girls. It is about the 30 (and counting) Sharia councils operating in the UK against UK law, promoting the female genital mutilation of 12 year old children, and the forced marriage of prepubescent schoolgirls to old men; but you wouldn’t know anything about that not living in England for the last 30 years, and only gleaning UK news from the Guardian, the BBC, or the Independent.

The murder of the 3 children was not committed by a Muslim, has nothing to do with Islam.

Seeking cover amongst Islamophobic and racist rioters isn’t helping you out.

• Confused 3
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Within a day of the heinous murder of three children the completely innocent Muslim community were baselessly targeted by the extreme right wing and their fellow  Islamophobic and racist thugs. 

It’s into that victimization of a completely innocent community that you spewed your Islamophobic diatribe.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

16 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Hmm. but there are over 1.9 billion muslims in the world.  I think your fear is understandable but irrational.  Reading about the subject might make you less scared.

Thanks for your reply, although I’m not sure how my fear can be both understandable and irrational at the same time; however, that not withstanding, I have already read extensively about the many different factions / sects of Islam.

I also have some personal experience dealing with Muslims. I had my own business in a London wholesale fruit market for many years, and in that time I had something like 30 Muslim customers; mostly of Pakistani, Iranian or Iraqi heritage, a few from Lebanon, although most from Lebanon were Christians.

One Pakistani lad that was a regular customer for 3 years, was called Nazir (Naz) very westernised, jeans, trainers, funky haircut, and like myself, a cricket fanatic. I arrived at the market early one morning in April 2005 to learn that the previous evening he had, with the help of a seventeen year old cousin, stabbed his beautiful 25 year old sister to death, for wanting to marry an Afghan man, rather than a man from the Pakistani family circle.

I subsequently had countless conversations with other Muslim customers about this, and was somewhat alarmed by the dismissive acceptance of the other Pakistanis; this was not the case with Muslims of other heritage, who told me that the ‘honour’ issue was only held to such extreme by the Pakistani community.

He was jailed for life in 2006 with a minimum sentence of 20 years; this is just another example of the unpredictable violence that can nurture a  fear of Islam.     

Edited by Eloquent pilgrim
  • Thumbs Up 2

45 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Yet more of your off topic ‘Muslim issues’.

Let’s try this.

The heinous murder of three children has been taken advantage of by the extreme rightwing to demonize and scapegoat a completely innocent ethnic/religious community.

Extreme rightwing agitators have directed hate against this ethnic/religious community resulting in the thugs that follow their doctrine of hate attacking that completely innocent community, rioting in their neighborhoods, destroying property, looting their business, and attacking their places of worship.

This isn’t mindless thuggery, it is focused, directed and it has an historical precedence that you are absolutely aware of.

Now all you have to do is decide which side of this moment of history repeating itself you’re on.

I was not talking to you, I was replying directly to a poster that had questioned my knowledge of Islam; so, although you are free to reply to any comment on this thread, don’t try and tell me what I can and cannot post; you are not a moderator, although you continually act like one.

Unfortunately, my reply to @brewsterbudgen included some criticism of Islam which obviously traumatised you; that is your issue, not mine. You seem happy to continually mention the pointless and mindless violence of the riots, but remain in complete and utter denial about the reasons behind them; it must be your complete lack of knowledge about the events of the last few decades in the UK.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

I was not talking to you, I was replying directly to a poster that had questioned my knowledge of Islam; so, although you are free to reply to any comment on this thread, don’t try and tell me what I can and cannot post; you are not a moderator, although you continually act like one.

Unfortunately, my reply to @brewsterbudgen included some criticism of Islam which obviously traumatised you; that is your issue, not mine. You seem happy to continually mention the pointless and mindless violence of the riots, but remain in complete and utter denial about the reasons behind them; it must be your complete lack of knowledge about the events of the last few decades in the UK.

I’m not ignorant of history, neither are you.

What you post on this forum is open to criticism, regardless of who you respond to.

”Southport Stabbing: Child Killed and Several Injured in Taylor Swift-Themed Workshop Attack”

Absolutely nothing to do with Islam or Muslims.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

I listed a very small percentage of the thousands of slaughters of thousands of innocent western civilians

It wasn't a 'very small percentage'. There is an undoubted problem with radical Islam - it accounts for 39% of all terror related deaths in the world. That more than 91% of those murders are against Muslims suggests it is not an 'us vs them' problem. Naturally, we also have the other 61% of terror deaths that are not related to Islam -  which might be pertinent to the actual topic of this thread.

indoctrinated by left wing media and your own moral grandstanding, that you refuse point blank to allow any discussion

It is tiresome when people try to close down discussion by insult and condescension and then complain that they are the victims of such behaviour. When you use words like 'squeal', 'indoctrinated' and 'left-wing propaganda' against people who hold a different view from you it appears a little biased.

the focus had shifted to the riots

I think most objective people would wholly blame the rioters for that. When a hotel is set on fire with people inside, it tends to dominate the news, whoever lit the flames.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/5/2024 at 1:50 PM, MicroB said:

We already know what your average, stereo-typical rioter is actually like.   😆

• Confused 2

19 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Now all you have to do is decide which side of this moment of history repeating itself you’re on.

OMG. Just listen to yourself; straight out of the David Brent handbook of how to embarrass yourself 😬

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

OMG. Just listen to yourself; straight out of the David Brent handbook of how to embarrass yourself 😬

Oh dear, do I have another day ahead if me filled with you playing the victim because you don’t like having been called out for posting an Islamophobic diatribe in a thread discussing the heinous murder of three children that has absolutely nothing to do with Islam or Muslims?

I apologize, sorry for calling out your overt, off topic Islamophobia.

There, feel better?

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Oh dear, do I have another day ahead if me filled with you playing the victim because you don’t like having been called out for posting an Islamophobic diatribe in a thread discussing the heinous murder of three children that has absolutely nothing to do with Islam or Muslims?

There, feel better?

Get over yourself petal …. and google “phobia”

51 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

As stated many times, there is no phobia whatsoever involved in my fear of Islam, but you still throw the word around like a student protester.

Islamists hang gays from cranes (not in the UK - yet) subjugate women including imprisoning them for incorrectly wearing the hijab (not in the UK) Islamists force female genital mutilation on 12 year old children (in the UK) Islamists force prepubescent schoolgirls to marry old men (in the UK) They practice Sharia law, against UK law, promoting honour killings (always of daughters, never of sons) and it also includes their divorce law (you can imagine how well that works for the subjugated women)

So you see, my fear of Islam is based on logical, rational reasoning, nothing to do with any phobia, but you keep saying it, I’m sure it gives you a warm virtuous feeling inside.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

As stated many times, there is no phobia whatsoever involved in my fear of Islam, but you still throw the word around like a student protester.

Islamists hang gays from cranes (not in the UK - yet) subjugate women including imprisoning them for incorrectly wearing the hijab (not in the UK) Islamists force female genital mutilation on 12 year old children (in the UK) Islamists force prepubescent schoolgirls to marry old men (in the UK) They practice Sharia law, against UK law, promoting honour killings (always of daughters, never of sons) and it also includes their divorce law (you can imagine how well that works for the subjugated women)

So you see, my fear of Islam is based on logical, rational reasoning, nothing to do with any phobia, but you keep saying it, I’m sure it gives you a warm virtuous feeling inside.

I’ve already apologized for calling out your off topic and overt Islamophobic diatribe, is there nothing that can assuage your sense of grievance?

Take comfort in knowing you have company, the right wing rioters, they too jumped on the tragedy of the heinous murder of three children to blame Islam and Muslims. 

Responding to a tragedy by identifying a completely innocent ethnic/religious minority, rioting in their neighborhoods, destroying their property, looting their businesses, attacking them and their places of worship. 

It’s a thing.

I’ll take your ‘Get over yourself petal’ any day of the week rather than get on board with the rightwing attacks on a completely innocent community.

Keep digging, you know it makes sense.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’ve already apologized for calling out your off topic and overt Islamophobic diatribe

Just tell me one thing in my comment that you have made this reply to that is untrue; you can call my comment an Islamophobic diatribe as often as you like, but everything I said is factual.

I have explained to you countless times that my fear of Islam is based on sound, logical, and rational thinking; and every time you falsely accuse me of Islamophobia I will defend my position.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Just tell me one thing in my comment that you have made this reply to that is untrue; you can call my comment an Islamophobic diatribe as often as you like, but everything I said is factual.

I have explained to you countless times that my fear of Islam is based on sound, logical, and rational thinking; and every time you falsely accuse me of Islamophobia I will defend my position.

Not in the least bit interested in you trying to excuse your completely off topic Islamophobic diatribe.

Heinous murder of three children, reach for your Islam/Muslim thing.

It precisely what you did.

The heinous crime was absolutely nothing to do with Islam or Muslims.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Not in the least bit interested in you trying to excuse your completely off topic Islamophobic diatribe.

And what if the lad turns out to be a secret ISIS online groupie, will you come back with cap in hand, or think up an excuse, yeees, the latter........🤕

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Do you know this with 100% certainty?  If so how and can you post a link that shows what the alleged "murderer" has been doing in the years since his appearance for the "children in need" Doctor who on BBC when he was 10 years old?  

The simple fact is that no-one knows the motives yet, and until they do they will speculate, just as you are doing by claiming it has nothing to do with Islam even though you cannot be 100% sure that is the case.   

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, James105 said:

Do you know this with 100% certainty?  If so how and can you post a link that shows what the alleged "murderer" has been doing in the years since his appearance for the "children in need" Doctor who on BBC when he was 10 years old?  

The simple fact is that no-one knows the motives yet, and until they do they will speculate, just as you are doing by claiming it has nothing to do with Islam even though you cannot be 100% sure that is the case.   

Yet more hoping.

20 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Utter nonsense, you need to stop making things up. I did not blame Islam or Muslims for the appalling slaughter of the 3 little girls, I just said that the rioters used the killings to go on a mindless rampage, and that their grievance was really immigration, Muslim immigration in particular, which you now seem to understand.

Once again you falsely accuse me of Islamophobia, and once again I need to repeat that there is no phobia involved in my fear of Islam; however, I greatly fear the 30 (and counting) Sharia councils now operating with impunity in my country. I also loathe the forced female genital mutilation of 12 year old girls, the forced marriages of schoolgirls, the persecution of gays, and the subjugation of women; maybe none of these things bother you because they are not happening in your country, and you may well even be ignorant of them happening.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Utter nonsense, you need to stop making things up. I did not blame Islam or Muslims for the appalling slaughter of the 3 little girls, I just said that the rioters used the killings to go on a mindless rampage, and that their grievance was really immigration, Muslim immigration in particular, which you now seem to understand.

Once again you falsely accuse me of Islamophobia, and once again I need to repeat that there is no phobia involved in my fear of Islam; however, I greatly fear the 30 (and counting) Sharia councils now operating with impunity in my country. I also loathe the forced female genital mutilation of 12 year old girls, the forced marriages of schoolgirls, the persecution of gays, and the subjugation of women; maybe none of these things bother you because they are not happening in your country, and you may well even be ignorant of them happening.

Revisionism isn’t going to help you.

I did not accuse you of blaming Muslims or Islam for the Heinous murder of three children.

I said: 

“Heinous murder of three children, reach for your Islam/Muslim thing.

It precisely what you did.”

There’s a subtle but important difference, that centers on fact.

You should find a thread on the subject of Islam in which to post your essays.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Revisionism isn’t going to help you.

I did not accuse you of blaming Muslims or Islam for the Heinous murder of three children.

I said: 

“Heinous murder of three children, reach for your Islam/Muslim thing.

It precisely what you did.”

There’s a subtle but important difference, that centers on fact.

You should find a thread on the subject of Islam in which to post your essays.

“Heinous murder of three children, reach for your Islam/Muslim thing”

This sounds very much like you were accusing me of blaming Muslims.

So, to be clear, do you approve of the female genital mutilation of 12 year old girls in the UK, or elsewhere for that matter; and do you approve of honour killings, and the forced marriages of prepubescent schoolgirls to middle aged uncles in the UK, or elsewhere; because when I have mentioned finding these things abhorrent, you have accused me of Islamophobia, so please tell me exactly where you stand on these issues that you claim make me Islamophobic … thanks.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

“Heinous murder of three children, reach for your Islam/Muslim thing”

This sounds very much like you were accusing me of blaming Muslims.

So, to be clear, do you approve of the female genital mutilation of 12 year old girls in the UK, or elsewhere for that matter; and do you approve of honour killings, and the forced marriages of prepubescent schoolgirls to middle aged uncles in the UK, or elsewhere; because when I have mentioned finding these things abhorrent, you have accused me of Islamophobia, so please tell me exactly where you stand on these issues that you claim make me Islamophobic … thanks.

It’s meant to sound like you responding to the the heinous murder of three children by reaching for your Islam/Muslim thing.

If it doesn’t sound like that then I apologize.

——-

The rest of your post is a non sequitur, and yet more evidence of you engaging in the off topic issues you have.

22 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s meant to sound like you responding to the the heinous murder of three children by reaching for your Islam/Muslim thing.

If it doesn’t sound like that then I apologize.

——-

The rest of your post is a non sequitur, and yet more evidence of you engaging in the off topic issues you have.

So, I take it that you approve of the female genital mutilation of 12 year old girls in the UK, and that you approve of honour killings, and the forced marriages of prepubescent schoolgirls to middle aged uncles in the UK. I wonder if you would give the same approval if it was happening in your own country ¯\_()_/¯

• Confused 2