Southport Stabbing: Child Killed and Several Injured in Taylor Swift-Themed Workshop Attack

Social Media

1 minute ago, josephbloggs said:

Yes, agree mostly, prejudices are normal. However, having grown up in Southport (and my parents have lived in Banks for the past 30 years) I didn't make the same assumption as you did.

It may turn out he was a brainwashed jihadist and was shout "death to the infidels" as he was doing it. But it may turn out he was just a kid with severe mental issues. Until we know we shouldn't publically speculate, and certainly people in positions of influence should absolutely not (Farage is a disgrace of a human) - see how the mob were easily whipped up to go and attack a mosque. People can get hurt or killed by public speculation, and it is especially heinous when the "information" was intentionally wrong (like his Muslim name - already stated as untrue by the police) or that he was "under watch". No one knows that.

Valid points and well argued comments to a subject that can so easily get heated. 

Though, I disagree that we should not 'publicly speculate'... the point of forums is to discuss subjects...  Perhaps as you have pointed out we each have a greater responsibility to be more careful with our speculation... 

... however, I would then argue that pandora's box has been opened and I would question why such speculation took the path it did. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

Pathetic defense of vandals and hooligans. 

Pathetic response from somebody who did not read or was unable to understand what I meant . Or more likely chose to deliberately misinterpret what I wrote, to provide himself with an excuse to make such a pathetic and inaccurate reply.

After all ,   Highlighting the  gross mismanagement of the situation by the authorities involved and the contribution that incompetence made to the disorder,  is not defending or excusing  the actions of the rioting mob.  Only a complete idiot would think anything of the sort wouldn't they

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I'll hold my hand up and say I was wrong - but, I'll also hold up my hand and ask the question of myself, why did I so easily fall for the social media lies ??.... 

For a simple analogy  consider snakes and our attitude to them, most people are to one degree or another scared of snakes,  most people exercise caution , most people generally assume , incorrectly, that all snakes are venomous even though we know that is not true. Even if assured that a particular snake is non venomous by an expert most people would still prefer to believe that it was and will act accordingly

Of course some people love snakes , can't keep their hands off them , even raise them as pets, however the snakes don't differentiate  when the time comes to sink their teeth in  

16 minutes ago, Tiger1980 said:

Why or why has’t the Prime Minister or the Home Secretary come out and say the perpetrator of this terrible crime is not a Muslim and Immigrant ?  

Agreed... . Given the already heightened tensions...  an announcement stating...

"This was 17 year old Christian male born in the UK to Rwandan parents, this is not a religion related act of violence, due to the age of the attacker the name cannot be announced - this is the only information that can be legally released at this moment".... 

Or words to that effect - rather than the Police stating  "the incident is not currently being treated as terror-related"... which opens the door to people thinking 'it could be terror related if more information is found out"... which then lends to further suspicion... 

Its obviously incredibly difficult to handle such a situation publicly, but officials are supposed to be trained for this and they failed to 'set the correct temperature' with their clumsy announcements. 

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Its obviously incredibly difficult to handle such a situation publicly,

It really isn't rocket science and should be well within the capabilities of those tasked with such things,  However the quota system used by most public bodies when recruiting staff does not generally provide the best people for the job .  The whole incident could be recorded and used as a "how not to " guide to maintaining public order.    

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Tiger1980 said:

Why or why has’t the Prime Minister or the Home Secretary come out and say the perpetrator of this terrible crime is not a Muslim and Immigrant ?  

just a news report would have  sufficed but its too late now,  , no need for either of those fools to involve themselves any further.

There are probably "guidelines" advising against mentioning muslims in connection with events like this, except to deny their involvement of course 

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

His parents came from Rwanda.  He was born in Wales.

That is STILL speculation, anyway where his parents came from should not effect HIS actions. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The 'Good people of Southport' did not throw stones, burn police cars and assault police officers. 

Reported, thugs from 'outside of Southport' turned up, beer cans in hand and started to get violent as the vigil drew to a close...  ironically, outsiders (outsider to Southport) violently protesting about outsiders (immigrants).

IMO The speculation in social media was fuelled by the recent distrust in the Police to 'protect' the identities of minorities for fear of the very same reaction that occurred anyway.

Agree - the advice not to jump to conclusions while avoiding the release of any information itself led to people 'reading between the lines' and was incendiary...   the distrust of the police lead to no one believing the "this was not terrorism related" line... 

As the Poster was just 17 years old facts were not presented the public... But, the released facts were initially "a man born in Cardiff and from Banks"....   seemed to obviously mask the fact that he was born to immigrant parents...  

"A 17 year male born in Cardiff to Christian Rwandan Parents and now living in Banks, Lancashire" - would have perhaps subdued some of the initial speculation that this was an attack in the name of Islam. 

Well said, if his parents came from Rwanda, they quite possibly witnessed some horrific stuff during the genocide. People seem to forget what they went through. And just another thought, I heard he also tried to rape one girl  :crying:. These thugs aka Nazis went to Southport to incense a riot for their own means, probably in the hope of loot

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Have any muslim "community leaders" actually condemned the original incident ?   They are all out today whinging about a bit of trouble outside their mosque and crying racism of course

Why what have the Muslim community leaders got to do with the original incident, or any Muslim ??

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Why what have the Muslim community leaders got to do with the original incident, or any Muslim ??

Yes, the Muslim communities are not part of the UK, so why should they care about what happens in the UK.  They only get concerned about what happens in the Middle East.

Not being directly involved did not stop Royalty, Politicians and leaders in other countries expressing concern and sympathy, but Muslims are special.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

9 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

Yes, the Muslim communities are not part of the UK, so why should they care about what happens in the UK.  They only get concerned about what happens in the Middle East.

Not being directly involved did not stop Royalty, Politicians and leaders in other countries expressing concern and sympathy, but Muslims are special.

You are missing my point completely, there is no prove that a Muslim committed this horrendous crime, in fact more likely a Christian. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

You are missing my point completely, there is no prove that a Muslim committed this horrendous crime, in fact more likely a Christian. 

That is my point, and it went over your head .... completely.  Why does there need to be a link to Muslims for the Muslim community to express sympathy.  Many other groups have expressed their concerns without any direct involvement, but the Muslim community are isolated and self centered and only comment on Islamic issues.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/30/2024 at 7:05 PM, josephbloggs said:

he is under 18 he is legally a minor and minors are not named until either they turn 18 or their trials are complete

As usual a little knowledge is a dangerous thing and your self claimed legal expertise appears to have let you down,,   It is still being claimed he is 17 despite looking twice that age, The trial is not complete   YET...he has just been named, as Axel Rudakubana  announce on the news just now as breaking news.  Reporting restrictions have been lifted. He was reported to have been smirking in court.  

Rumours are rife that is he was a convert to islam,   it wouldn't surprise me.

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Sad 2

On 7/30/2024 at 2:53 AM, AnotherOneHere said:

According to the first reports it was a Muslim refugee that was refused a stay because of his criminal record and was about to be deported. 

That didn’t age well did it.

But as you rightly say, you’re another one here, there’s plenty of others like you, eagerly peddling baseless speculation.

While others of the same biased mindset take to the streets, attacking a totally innocent community, rioting and violently assaulting the police.

But it’s not just you, this thread has all the usual suspects dripping with all the usual ignorance and it’s bedfellow hate.

None having the sense, let alone the decency to wait for facts to be released by the police and judicial system.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1