How is this possible?

Last night I had 1 egg, pork 

, morning glory and yoghurt. I felt good afterwards. Yoghurt and greens are supposed to be good for gut health. I wonder how an all meat diet would be good.

5 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Last night I had 1 egg, pork 

, morning glory and yoghurt. I felt good afterwards. Yoghurt and greens are supposed to be good for gut health. I wonder how an all meat diet would be good.

Well as a thinking adult, I sure wouldn't advise anyone to even think about doing that.  I am 77, have not always avoided the fast food joints around the world, used to drink alcohol (30 years dry) but then only socially, smoked while a soldier in VN (4 years total smoker), but have always exercised (runner including marathons and lots of 10-20KM races around the world) lifted weights more years than not, though have switched to light weights lots of reps and since I stopped running at least 5 miles a day at age 65 and now do daily 6 km walks, have more definition from weights (after 72 years of age) than I ever had in my earlier years, read Dr. William Li's two best sellers about food research results and dieting - have switched to his recommendations.  Feel great, lots of energy, and should be even healthier.  Fortunately Thailand offers one a tremendous amount of fresh fruits, veggies, nuts, beans, fish, and meats.  Hopefully they are safe depending on who/how they are

processed and provided to the stores/markets.  At least here too, prices are probably cheaper than the developed countries from which we have chosen to move to Thailand.  Glad I did so many years ago, still love it here and have no plans to ever leave but....TIT so who knows what is in store for the expats in the future.  Have a good one!

13 hours ago, 0ffshore360 said:

A jest ? Suggesting someone is a liar?

Your sense of humour  is ....sad.

And you capacity of understanding might need a touch of professionalism. It might just had been the difference between beef and "pork"ies, the joke was all about.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 0ffshore360 said:

A jest ? Suggesting someone is a liar?

Your sense of humour  is ....sad.

Your sense of understanding is worrying, ol' chap, go back and read the post, how many members laughed. I think you should stick to your word salad posts........🤭

15 hours ago, susanlea said:

Jordan Peterson claims all beef diet fixed his health problems including gum disease, depression and other things. I know beef has lots of nutrients but it isnt high in certain things. Mystery to me. 

Did he carry out all the plastic surgery on his daughter.

• Haha 1

I tried a Keto diet for a few months. You do feel good after a while and I lost weight. It's just a nightmare to keep it up, it's really restrictive. 

I can't imagine what the carnivore diet would be like, which is even more restrictive. Just for keeping that up Peterson deserves an award. If he is keeping it up, I don't believe everything I see on Youtube.

52 minutes ago, transam said:

Your sense of understanding is worrying, ol' chap, go back and read the post, how many members laughed. I think you should stick to your word salad posts........🤭

I guess it must be extremely comforting to know you are not alone ?

3 hours ago, susanlea said:

Cacao regenerates stem cells! 

also be careful of that which you buy as some dark chocolate/cocao is laden with heavy metals.  Just saying - I eat cark chocolate 99% each AM but very small amounts.  Gotta keep those stem cells growing to replace all the sick cells

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cameroni said:

I tried a Keto diet for a few months. You do feel good after a while and I lost weight. It's just a nightmare to keep it up, it's really restrictive. 

I can't imagine what the carnivore diet would be like, which is even more restrictive. Just for keeping that up Peterson deserves an award. If he is keeping it up, I don't believe everything I see on Youtube.

Keto was great to loose weight, and the easiest way to do it. Easy now to, but Im only aiming for .5kg a week +- this time and more sustainable. I can even eat what I want as long I keep my makros straight. 

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Keto was great to loose weight, and the easiest way to do it. Easy now to, but Im only aiming for .5kg a week +- this time and more sustainable. I can even eat what I want as long I keep my makros straight. 

Yes, Keto does work to lose weight. But will you keep it off? Since Keto is so restrictive, you'd have to be looking at a serious medical issue to be motivated to keep that up. I don't think it's a viable long term diet.

8 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

Yes, Keto does work to lose weight. But will you keep it off? Since Keto is so restrictive, you'd have to be looking at a serious medical issue to be motivated to keep that up. I don't think it's a viable long term diet.

Keto I did 1750 ish calories a day, and worked and trained quite hard, but now I do 2500is calories a day, so I would say I would had the same effect on balanced as keto with same energy intake. 

The difference with keto and balanced, is the energy bubble you experience (at least I experienced) after 10 days or so, and really gave a push when ecercising on low calorie diet. 

But I do not reckon keto as sustainable after reaching the weight you want. As long you have no medical condition that makes you better, or feel, why continue keto? 

The only reasons for going or living on an extreme diet is for medical reasons or you have an condition that extreme diets cure or help you,  or the extreme itself keeps you diciplined which improves your lifestyle and overall health because you are diciplined. 

Agreed, most people come off keto when they reach their goal. And then promptly put the weight back on. I guess if you're doing just carbo restricted but not full blown keto it might keep it off for longer. After you've done Keto I mean.

4 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

Agreed, most people come off keto when they reach their goal. And then promptly put the weight back on. I guess if you're doing just carbo restricted but not full blown keto it might keep it off for longer. After you've done Keto I mean.

No, I kept my weight for many years, and now I have bulked my weight up for advanced lifting purpose building muscles. The reason you pop up in weight is bacause of overeating and lack of dicipline or understanding and goes back to old habits. 

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

No, I kept my weight for many years, and now I have bulked my weight up for advanced lifting purpose building muscles. The reason you pop up in weight is bacause of overeating and lack of dicipline or understanding and goes back to old habits. 

How to get your discipline?

15 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Learn to enjoy low cal foods i guess. Greens etc.

Nope, you have a daily limit of calories, exercise and enjoy life, get enough sleep, less stress, less everything you know do not contribute to good health. If your life is watching sports, go to the pub, eat excess amount of food, you pay it. 

Dicipline starts with getting early up in the morning drink pure water and move your body before anything else. You might want to take a dump, but thats it. 

Positive thinking and cultivate positive healthy thoughts and lifestyle, is what it takes

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Nope, you have a daily limit of calories, exercise and enjoy life, get enough sleep, less stress, less everything you know do not contribute to good health. If your life is watching sports, go to the pub, eat excess amount of food, you pay it. 

Dicipline starts with getting early up in the morning drink pure water and move your body before anything else. You might want to take a dump, but thats it. 

Positive thinking and cultivate positive healthy thoughts and lifestyle, is what it takes

I don't think that's right for everyone. Do whatever works for you. Some people fast, some exercise a lot. Some eat lots of greens.

4 minutes ago, susanlea said:

I don't think that's right for everyone. Do whatever works for you. Some people fast, some exercise a lot. Some eat lots of greens.

Still it takes discipline to establish healthy daily routines whatever it is, cleaning your home, clothes, make food, exercise not drink to much or eat to much junk food.

Get in bed to get enough sleep is also important, as well take your time to educate yourself what is good or not.

Lazy people often have bad routines because lack of discipline. 

I'm wrong or? 

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Still it takes discipline to establish healthy daily routines whatever it is, cleaning your home, clothes, make food, exercise not drink to much or eat to much junk food.

Get in bed to get enough sleep is also important, as well take your time to educate yourself what is good or not.

Lazy people often have bad routines because lack of discipline. 

I'm wrong or? 

Depends what you want. I know thin people who eat crap food and aren't disclipined.

7 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Depends what you want. I know thin people who eat crap food and aren't disclipined.

For normal people the calories in and calories out still is the golden rule. 

Quick search top of the line 

The research found that, on average, healthy but naturally skinny people who didn't restrict their eating ate about 12 per cent less than normal-weight people.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-fitness/diet/weight-loss/never-dieted-yet-thin-life/

Apparently, there’s no good reason why a human can’t do well on a carnivore diet.  It may take a while to adjust, but otherwise, you’ll be fine.  And for some people, a carnivore diet can be a real game changer, as many diseases are the result of systemic inflammation caused by all the junk they put into processed food. Of course, many doctors will tell you otherwise.