Vaping troubles: British tourists warned of costly holiday mistake

Vapes being sold on streets in Bangkok tourist areas and in Pattaya, also there are vaping shops like in Soi Bukhao selling vapes only, seen many of them, why dont they clean this up before fining any tourist, not to mention how stupid it is, where you got ciggs and weed legal but vapes not. 

Edited by Pattaya420

15 minutes ago, Irish star said:

If you go to countries without researching, you deserve it 

Yea but you can be easly fooled here as there are here vape shops/stores selling only vapes. 

Im sure there are none in Singapoore

Edited by Pattaya420

2 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Isn't 'travel' insurance automatic when you use a credit card.....or are you referring insurance whilst actually on holiday? 

No not at all that is an old chestnut! Virgin money as a medical travel insurance card cover medical insurance  problem only  worlwide. Annually fee.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Isn't 'travel' insurance automatic when you use a credit card.....or are you referring insurance whilst actually on holiday? 

No not at all that is an old chestnut! Virgin money as a medical travel insurance card cover medical insurance  problem only  worlwide. Annually fee. Not expensive.

Screenshot_2024-08-01-13-27-58-473_com.android.chrome.png

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, arick said:

No not at all that is an old chestnut! Virgin money as a medical travel insurance card cover medical insurance  problem only  worlwide. Annually fee. Not expensive.

Screenshot_2024-08-01-13-27-58-473_com.android.chrome.png

125 a year for the top package can have add ONS can be on a trip longer the 3 month have to be register with a UK GP

7 hours ago, Dcheech said:

Great way to extort money from unaware tourists. Thailand & SEA has a winner here.  

Exactly, just like with littering laws. Thais litter and vape all over the place, but 80 % of people fined were foreigners  

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, BerndD said:

If Mr. Anutin opened his own vape factory, vaping would very quickly become legal in Thailand.

Whilst I sense a bit of sarcasm in your post, which I like but you really shouldn't give him ideas?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Irish star said:

It’s their  country who cares what “They Do”

Nobody cares understand what I’m saying others besides British use them

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya420 said:

Yea but you can be easly fooled here as there are here vape shops/stores selling only vapes. 

Im sure there are none in Singapoore

You research before you arrive , plus Singapore test you on return my buddy spent time in jail after being here in Thailand 

5 minutes ago, cnx101 said:

Nobody cares understand what I’m saying others besides British use them

Yes but that’s their problem, I’m not Thai and I don’t expect Equal Rights , I even have Yelo book pink card but I’m an outsider 

8 hours ago, Bday Prang said:
10 hours ago, webfact said:

Always bring your own devices and supplies

nice of him to advise about an easy way to circumnavigate the rules

B0llocks, this what he actually said...

"Always bring your own devices and supplies when allowed...”

6 hours ago, cowellandrew said:

I was sat on a bar stool in pattaya and a polite Asian could be thai sold me vape!

You were sitting on a bar stool in Pattaya and a polite Asian, could be Thai, illegally sold you a vape that you, illegally, bought.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 2baht said:
6 hours ago, cowellandrew said:

What about Australian,usa Mozambique tourists!

I was sat on a bar stool in pattaya and a polite Asian could be thai sold me vape!

😂😓😁😁😓😂😂

Are you sure you was sat? You was'nt stood by any chance?

He was sat sitting.

8 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

" authorities in Thailand are set to take decisive action against the illegal use of e-cigarettes"

Translation:  "Responding to concerns about cigarette tax-revenue - and who cares if they cause millions of cancer-cases to get that money?"  Treating cancer is profitable for certain companies, after all.

The solution for eCigs / Vaping is the same as for weed - make strict penalties for providing it to minors, ban it it public (and cigarettes), but otherwise, leave adults alone if they do it in private - not bothering anyone else. 

I don't want ANY kind of smoke/vapor blowing in my face when I am out-and-about - but who cares what my neighbor does, which isn't bothering me?