A symptom of the disease that prevents tourists from choosing Thailand as a place to go ?

10baht

13 hours ago, 10baht said:

There is disease that is keeping Thailand from being a world class tourist destination. One and only one symptom is of that disease manifests itself in the fact that ... wait for it... no Olympic coverage on TV.

What no tourists?  is the govt lying about in the first 7 months of the year only 22 million visitors?  seems a deluge so to speak of toursists.  I realize that now with the rains and flooding in many provinces, those numbers will shrink - maybe not as we still read that the govt is making moves to entice even more visitors.  

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, 10baht said:

There is disease that is keeping Thailand from being a world class tourist destination. One and only one symptom is of that disease manifests itself in the fact that ... wait for it... no Olympic coverage on TV.

Coverage every day on True.

Edited by Thingamabob

5 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

White House, Harris silent on Olympics gender controversy as Trump vows to 'protect women and girls'

I think women in general will be far safer under Harris than Trump ,just 

think it through!

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

White House, Harris silent on Olympics gender controversy as Trump vows to 'protect women and girls'

Yea, why no knee jerk comment without thought. Be more like Trump, open mouth, insert foot.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

My view is that it is a dirty place. Most hotels I do not wish to sleep in and so end up paying 3000 baht a night for a nights sleep. I am allergic to other people's dirt. 

The other thing is the roadways being littered with rubbish from throw cars....low class people throwing rubbish from cars. 

Also the junker cars and trucks oil the roadways. Tuktuks should be abolished. They are filthy and dangerous. In the 60s and 70s I used to vacation camping all over Italy, it was a midden heap, but they clean up their act.

Robbing taxis....sort this stupid problem out for good. Raise prices so that taxis drivers can make money without fiddling the meter or turning it off. Arrest and execute the Phuket Taxi mafia. 

Thieving corrupt cops, arrest and kick out from the force.

Rude and insulting Immigration officers....tourists and expats are people too, not some loathsome animal. 

Start with a single goal; achieve it , then move onto the next

Edited by retarius
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, 10baht said:

Good.

1 hour ago, retarius said:

My view is that it is a dirty place. Most hotels I do not wish to sleep in and so end up paying 3000 baht a night for a nights sleep. I am allergic to other people's dirt. 

The other thing is the roadways being littered with rubbish from throw cars....low class people throwing rubbish from cars. 

Also the junker cars and trucks oil the roadways. Tuktuks should be abolished. They are filthy and dangerous. In the 60s and 70s I used to vacation camping all over Italy, it was a midden heap, but they clean up their act.

Robbing taxis....sort this stupid problem out for good. Raise prices so that taxis drivers can make money without fiddling the meter or turning it off. Arrest and execute the Phuket Taxi mafia. 

Rude and insulting Immigration officers....tourists and expats are people too, not some loathsome animal. 

I agree with everything you say, apart from the hotels, I have always been happy with the hotels apart from one I would not use again, and that is only because I cannot get used to the A/C control which is fixed to the wall when all the other hotels have a handset you can keep by your bed.

If tourism is down then Jomtien isn't affected. I've been in and out of there for the last week or so and the place is heaving. It's almost impossible to get get parked up. My friend stays in the same hotel every year on holiday and is used to it being quiet is quite disappointed at how full and crowded it is. I used to live in Jomtien because it was an oasis away from the craziness of Pattaya, but wouldn't dream of it these days. It's a mad house.

16 hours ago, retarius said:

If you hate it soooo much why don't you move on and do something besides moan and groan???

• Love It 1

4 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

And exactly what do you base that on???  

Its off this topic but since you ask.

If you follow what she says i do on x

and you see she consistently champions womens rights (such as the right to choose an abortion or not).

Follow her or google what she says

that is what i base my statement on.

like i said think about it!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, supersomchai said:

Its off this topic but since you ask.

If you follow what she says i do on x

and you see she consistently champions womens rights (such as the right to choose an abortion or not).

Follow her or google what she says

that is what i base my statement on.

like i said think about it!

So... she champions womens' rights to murder their unborn children... but cannot define what a woman is and allows men who "feel like they are" women to participate in WOMENS' sports.

On 8/2/2024 at 5:25 AM, Ralf001 said:

T Sports 7

I appreciate the effort to show me some TV options. I did watch some live stuff last night… but artistic (blah blah blah, you fill in the blanks) and ping pong??? I can’t go back to last week and see if real sports action was shown on Thai TV. Again, I was not aware that tiddlywinks and team rope skipping were “sports”. Thanks for a pole-vaulting experience,  

On 8/1/2024 at 4:02 PM, 10baht said:

If that was true, it'd encourage me to visit Thailand. But I'm already here so lack of coverage suits me fine.

1 hour ago, 10baht said:

I appreciate the effort to show me some TV options. I did watch some live stuff last night… but artistic (blah blah blah, you fill in the blanks) and ping pong??? I can’t go back to last week and see if real sports action was shown on Thai TV. Again, I was not aware that tiddlywinks and team rope skipping were “sports”. Thanks for a pole-vaulting experience,  

I doubt T Sports 7 dictates what "sports" are played for their coverage.