Human-Induced Climate Change Creates Olympic "Heat Dome" Crisis

Social Media

Is a climateoligist actually a real scientist?  I have my doubts, and i would like an actual scientist

to explain how the earth with its many volcanoes can also be warming up our planet. as well as

natural causes like El Nino and La Nina, changing the ocean current patterns that affect the Climate.

Look at this graph and explaine how CO2 which is less than one half of one percent of the atmosphere

and methane, a trace gas is causing everything that the climate alarmists are saying. 

There are people who think that we have a large percentage of carbon dioxide and other gasses in the atmosphere, and that simply is

not the case.

Atmosphere from google 1`.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, nauseus said:

Who the hell is Mother Jones?

Better scrap the games then - it would save thousands of people jetting there and creating all those tons of C emissions.

Mother Jones is a  very left leaning publication. Ome of their editors was a friend of mine she had really wacky views. My explanation is simple and brief but you can Google Mother Jones and when that was and what the magazine is about. 

i did the electric for her cabin. At first she wanted to go solar and I explained to her that it really could be worse than using the grid and had little to no benefit. She hooked to the grid. I was a solar installer in a remote area. 

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, digger70 said:

Same to you, Put up or .You got a link that says that Some are  Not ? You can Believe what you like.  No Link is Needed to Believe or Speculate /think.

It's the same Everywhere  same as there's corruption in Every country for the gain of Power and/or money.

At this date virtually all climatologists have no doubt about human caused cliimate change.  This from the latest IPCC report:

It is unequivocal that human influence has warmed the atmosphere, ocean and land. Widespread and rapid changes in the atmosphere, ocean, cryosphere and biosphere have occurred.  Expand Figures SPM.1, SPM.2Links to chapters

A.1.1 Observed increases in well-mixed greenhouse gas (GHG) concentrations since around 1750 are unequivocally caused by human activities. Since 2011 (measurements reported in AR5), concentrations have continued to increase in the atmosphere, reaching annual averages of 410 parts per million (ppm) for carbon dioxide (CO2), 1866 parts per billion (ppb) for methane (CH4), and 332 ppb for nitrous oxide (N2O) in 2019. 6Land and ocean have taken up a near-constant proportion (globally about 56% per year) of CO2 emissions from human activities over the past six decades, with regional differences (high confidence). 7  

https://www.ipcc.ch/report/ar6/wg1/chapter/summary-for-policymakers/

5 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

Is a climateoligist actually a real scientist?  I have my doubts, and i would like an actual scientist

to explain how the earth with its many volcanoes can also be warming up our planet. as well as

natural causes like El Nino and La Nina, changing the ocean current patterns that affect the Climate.

Look at this graph and explaine how CO2 which is less than one half of one percent of the atmosphere

and methane, a trace gas is causing everything that the climate alarmists are saying. 

There are people who think that we have a large percentage of carbon dioxide and other gasses in the atmosphere, and that simply is

not the case.

The potency of CO2 as a greenhouse gas was uncovered first in the 19th century. Thanks to the work of Eunice Foot and the great 19th century physicist John Tynall. It's pretty basic and simple science to evaluate the potency of CO2, methane and other gases under laboratory conditions. Maybe you think that asking how such small percentages can have such a powerful effect is a scientific way of thinking. In actuality, it's nothing but empty rhetoric.

6 hours ago, digger70 said:

No link Needed , You said yourself Some are Tied to big Oil and skew in their favor .

You Know and Believe that some are on the take Right.  

I am not the Smartest man on the planet, but I Can believe what I like and you can do Same .   

For me , Yes there's a climate change going on ,  Caused by What? 

Natural Phenomenon . It will change again in a Few Hundred/Thousand Years  into a Cold Icy world.

Like they say ,It won't happen overnight but it Will happen.

Someone else who apparently doesn't understand the significance of rate of change.

9 hours ago, Roo Island said:

Posted like a true climate denier

Strange people these deniers.

But they are in for a lifetime of frustration as the scientists and silent majority are moving on without them. 
There is nothing they can do except moan.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2024 at 8:36 AM, Social Media said:

As long as humans burn oil, gas, and coal, heatwaves will get hotter and more people will die premature deaths," said Otto. "The good news is that we don’t need some magic solution to stop things from getting worse. We know exactly what we need to do and have the technology and knowledge needed to do it—replace fossil fuels with renewable energy and stop deforestation. The faster we do this, the better."

At least he got "stop deforestation" right.

No we don't KNOW what to do, as if we did we would have done it.

Bit of a dreamer if he thinks all 8 billion of us can afford renewable energy. Is he going to donate his wealth to the poor of Africa so they too can have an EV, perhaps a bit more so they can get electricity too.

6 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

not the case.

They can't tax Nitrogen or O2, so CO2 is it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

not the case.

Warming occurs when the earth re-radiates sunlight it has absorbed as infra-red radiation. Nitrogen and oxygen do not absorb infra-red, carbon dioxide and methane do.

It's a fact carbon dioxide levels were 300 ppm prior to the Industrial Revolution, are now at about 440 ppm, and still rising, due to mankind's use of fossil fuels.

It doesn't take much of a change in carbon dioxide to generate more heat, just like salt on your food can change it from tasty to unpalatable if you have too much.

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Someone else who apparently doesn't understand the significance of rate of change.

What has the rate of change has anything to do with this ?

If it's get Warmer Quicker now then before (that's what they Say) than Cooler  10000/ 100000 Yrs Later Than what's the difference  it's Still a Phenomenon cycle  of Global Warming .

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, digger70 said:

What has the rate of change has anything to do with this ?

If it's get Warmer Quicker now then before (that's what they Say) than Cooler  10000/ 100000 Yrs Later Than what's the difference  it's Still a Phenomenon cycle  of Global Warming .

I think you're confusing "sooner" with "quicker". It's not that the climate is warming sooner than expected, but rather it's warming at a much higher rate. In fact, for the last 2,000 years or so preceding the industrial revolution, global temperatures had been quite stable. But in the 1970's, the rate greatly accelerated 

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

At least he got "stop deforestation" right.

No we don't KNOW what to do, as if we did we would have done it.

Bit of a dreamer if he thinks all 8 billion of us can afford renewable energy. Is he going to donate his wealth to the poor of Africa so they too can have an EV, perhaps a bit more so they can get electricity too.

Renewable energy is already much cheaper than coal, and is now becoming cheaper than natural gas as well.

• Haha 1

On 8/2/2024 at 3:36 AM, Social Media said:

"Climate change crashed the Olympics on Tuesday," stated Friederike Otto, a climatologist at Imperial College London and a member of the World Weather Attribution group behind the analysis. "The world watched athletes swelter in 95-degree Fahrenheit heat. If the atmosphere wasn’t overloaded with emissions from burning fossil fuels, Paris would have been about 5 to 6 degrees cooler and much safer for sport."

Yup, you can take that to the bank! (he probably did). London College gets funding from Bill Gates.

Gee wasn't that where the lock down plans along with that 2 meter distancing thing was thought up during Covid? Wow that's a coincidence.

Just following the science, the paid science.

• Agree 2

18 hours ago, CallumWK said:

New record temperatures each and every year. Now if I have ever heard some fake news and conspiracy, it must be your post.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/500472/annual-average-temperature-in-the-us/

image.png.fae7b56d9c4ebb05579f8c213fb7be02.png

So 2 people who cannot analyse a graph so far. Average temperature shown in this graph has increased by 2 degrees Fahrenheit between the 1990's and the 2010's. Your just looking at one hot year, not the averages over several years. More dumb deniers.

New record temperatures each and every year. Now if I have ever heard some fake news and conspiracy, it must be your post.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/500472/annua

What I clearly can see from the chart is that temperatures have been decreasing since 2011, and please don't post pictures of yourself on the forum.

image.png.1b95dc42ff5a5454af5ae0ad74792923.png

l-average-temperature-in-the-us/

image.png.fae7b56d9c4ebb05579f8c213fb7be02.png

I got news for you: the United States is not the world. Get back to us when you can cite similar data for for the globe.

And who created the "Heat Dome" millions of years ago when there no humans on the earth? And also what fossil fuels caused the high levels of C02 levels found millions of years ago? World temperatures have only been recorded for a few hundred years. The sample size of any statistic regarding rising temperatures over time is insignificantly tiny compared to millions of years of earths temperatures. It is preposterous to make any conclusion that man is influencing the earths temperatures based on a tiny sample size. For those of you proselytizing this climate change hoax, please get yourself a college level statistic book and study "sample size."

9 hours ago, placeholder said:

The rate of change is meaningless if only a tiny sample size is studied.

On 8/2/2024 at 5:21 AM, Purdey said:

Quick, someone on AN call it  a hoax and normal summer weather! 

🤣

OK... here goes... 

Another summer with normal temps in the Arctic region.

Scotland has a record low (temp) July.

https://www.climatedepot.com/2024/07/31/another-summer-with-nearly-normal-temps-in-the-arctic-region-arctic-sea-ice-showing-resiliency/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=another-summer-with-nearly-normal-temps-in-the-arctic-region-arctic-sea-ice-showing-resiliency

1 hour ago, rickudon said:

So 2 people who cannot analyse a graph so far. Average temperature shown in this graph has increased by 2 degrees Fahrenheit between the 1990's and the 2010's. Your just looking at one hot year, not the averages over several years. More dumb deniers.

Look at the graph again and see that average temperature has decreased EVERY year since 2011

image.png.3dde5b46ff4c84672cfae5afd524eba5.png

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

I got news for you: the United States is not the world. Get back to us when you can cite similar data for for the globe.

I also got news for you, the US is only considered as important when it floats your boat.

I could post similar graphs from many other countries, and I know you gonna come back with you usual drivel, I want a link.  So I tell you now already, use google and get lost.

Because some countries had the hottest day in decades this year doesn't matter. It matters only to the climate wokes. What matters is the average temperature over the year, and that has declined every year for the last 13 years.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

Look at the graph again and see that average temperature has decreased EVERY year since 2011

Look again - the lower temperatures are still going up. Every year has been warmer than 2013, you cannot take one warm year and use that as the basis that temperatures are going down. And the USA is suffering colder winters due to the Jetstream moving, which has offset warmer summers,  slowed USA warming.

Anyway, the global temperatures have been up nearly every year. Lots of high temperature records broken the last 3  or 4 years. for some actual figures, here you are, decadal temperature anomalies. As you can see, running at about 0.2 degrees centigrade per decade. Using decades wipes out the 'noise' of individual years.

1970–1979 −0.001 °C (−0.002 °F) +0.013 °C (0.023 °F)
1980–1989 0.176 °C (0.317 °F) +0.177 °C (0.319 °F)
1990–1999 0.313 °C (0.563 °F) +0.137 °C (0.247 °F)
2000–2009 0.513 °C (0.923 °F) +0.200 °C (0.360 °F)
2010–2019 0.753 °C (1.355 °F) +0.240 °C (0.432 °F)
2020–2029 (incomplete) 0.9575 °C (1.72 °F)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instrumental_temperature_record

19 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

How about thoses volcanoes that bring super heated magma to the surface of the earth from the hot mantle just under the crust?

I sure would appreciate a few scientists letting us all know if the world is heating itself up again. I am sick of

the climate alarmists who would like to only blame humans for the hot weather. Remember La Nina, and El Nino?

Oh and CO2 is less than one half of one percent of the atmosphere, and methane is a trace gas. if you do not believe me,

google it.  Do not believe everything the Media likes to have you believe.

Not likely in this age. Most magma is released along (submarine) seafloor spreading centers and hot spots.

But if you have any other evidence then please post. 

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

I'm in Scotland right now walking around in shorts and t-shirt.

1 hour ago, stoner said:

Who cares nothing serious is really being done about it. 

South Australia has gone from 1% electricity from renewables to 74% in 16 years. Forecast to be 85% by 2025/2026.

The shift from fossil fuels would probably be a lot easier if that industry stopped impeding progress, and deniers just shut up.

31 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

South Australia has gone from 1% electricity from renewables to 74% in 16 years. Forecast to be 85% by 2025/2026.

The shift from fossil fuels would probably be a lot easier if that industry stopped impeding progress, and deniers just shut up.

its so much more than a shift from fossil fuels though right.  a very complex situation that has no clear cut answer....well there is one but.

53 minutes ago, stoner said:

its so much more than a shift from fossil fuels though right.  a very complex situation that has no clear cut answer....well there is one but.

It's pretty simple in Australia's case.

We get so much sunshine we could probably power most of the world.

9 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

It's pretty simple in Australia's case.

We get so much sunshine we could probably power most of the world.

No tech for that unfortunately. Try to power a Canadian winter with current solar tech.

More energy hits the earth every day than we would currently know what to do with. 

However greed is a funny thing.