Phuket Overstay Crackdown Nets Seven Foreign Nationals

webfact

10 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

It would be interesting to know how they caught them, also where the long overstayer got their money from to stay here for nearly 4 yrs.

Immigration has a lot of undercover officers in tourist areas.  Easy to follow a suspicious person to their residence, then get info from the landlord.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

It would be interesting to know how they caught them, also where the long overstayer got their money from to stay here for nearly 4 yrs.

One of the same multitude of ways every other person gets their money and stays here for years... the difference is they just overstayed their visa

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I was thinking the same, myself. If they could afford to live then surely they could afford a trip to the border or even an agent.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Seven?.....There must be more than that in every bar, restaurant and cafe you walk in.

Yeah 7.. but it took them 10 days to find those 7.. Even as a foreigner it is easy to see where immigration needs to make checks at to catch the most illegals. Why is it so hard for Thailand?

Just now, thesetat2013 said:

Yeah 7.. but it took them 10 days to find those 7.. Even as a foreigner it is easy to see where immigration needs to make checks at to catch the most illegals. Why is it so hard for Thailand?

Could be wrong.....but a biggly proportion might be caught on the QT and released after some negotiations have taken place.

• Like 2

July 31 - meeting with "volonteers" 

August 2 - seven overstayers

No corelation? I don't think so!

PS: Volonteers should always wear brown bandana with a star upside down.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Polaky said:

Each of these individuals is now facing charges, illustrating the serious stance Phuket authorities are taking against visa violations.

Serious right 😅, they haven't started on the thousands of Russian's,  pat on the back for seven individuals seems rather zealous, guess it is better than getting mud for sitting behind a desk.

Russians and Ukrainians. 😁

7 minutes ago, Average_Punani_Enjoyer said:

Many thanks to the Thai police for doing a great job and keeping the kingdom safe and clean. In my home country in Europe, illegal migrants can roam the streets for years without deportation.

Does anyone know where I can contact immigration to report overstayers? 😜

You now made me curious. What is your home country?