Gender Row Paris Olympics Boxer Previously Barred from Women’s Events Wins in 46 seconds

Social Media

6 minutes ago, parallelman said:

I must admit that my initial (face value) thoughts on this problem was that the IOC was wrong. However, I am not one who trusts 'face value' feelings since Boxing is not a sport I follow and my lack of knowledge could be at fault. Indeed, that seems to be the case here. I read an online article from CP 24, Toronto, and it quotes the Irish Boxer, Amy Broadhurst (who beat Imane Kelif in 2022) saying that it is not I. K's fault etc. and that she has already been beaten by 9 females before. From Axios, Imane Kelif also lost to Kellie Harrington (Irish) in the Tokyo Olympics. So I.K. had competed in Womens Boxing at the Olympics before! Another after-thought intrigued me, doesn't Algeria have an Anti-LGBTQ laws? According to Wiki, yes Algeria does criminalise that community. From News 18, a Dr.Ambrish Mithal said that Imane Kelif has 5-alpha reductase defficiency. People with this condition have XY chromasomes but lack DHT which is necessary for full male development. Outward appearance can be either male or female and in I.K.'s case, it was the latter (probably suffers from inferility too).

I conclude that having fought in the women's category before there seems little reason to ban Imane Kelif this time. Imane Kelif was certified at birth as female and we should respect that. Life must be very difficult for her..."Nature' can be cruel sometimes and I hope that in the future Doctors will be able to detect and correct at very early stages.

If we started to ban every male with higher hormone values to compete with "normal" men values, ,,,,,, nature give and takes, and sometimes not fair at all

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

She is a woman.

Her birth certificate says so.

Though ince again, despite the variance in chromosomes within genders having previously been explained to you, you nevertheless persist with your deliberately false statements on other people’s gender.

Here’s the link again, so you can’t in the future claim your ignorance on the matter is anything other than deliberate:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/differences-in-sex-development/#:~:text=Some people have a chromosome,full physical development at puberty.

This issue is going to set back the "trans women are women" movement back a bit.  All sorts of confused leftists are now able to define what was a previously impossible question for non-biologists which is "what is a woman?".   We also have people claiming birth certificates are confirmatory documents that someone is a woman and actual descriptions of what a woman is.  This should make it a lot easier to define who should be allowed to compete in women's sports as we can simply check the birth certificate.   Kind of like it used to be.   

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, James105 said:

This issue is going to set back the "trans women are women" movement back a bit.  All sorts of confused leftists are now able to define what was a previously impossible question for non-biologists which is "what is a woman?".   We also have people claiming birth certificates are confirmatory documents that someone is a woman and actual descriptions of what a woman is.  This should make it a lot easier to define who should be allowed to compete in women's sports as we can simply check the birth certificate.   Kind of like it used to be.   

Given she’s not a transgender, you’ll need a better argument.

4 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Why do you call everyone who says something you don't like a "right-winger"?  Just to try to discredit people so you don't have to engage with what they say?  Or do you hope that it will silence people as you hope they will want to avoid the label?

Lots of non-right-wing people have issues with this kind of thing and it is in no way restricted to right-wing people.

Either way, what you're doing is quite underhanded.  It also very obvious.

Let’s try a bit of science in you too:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/differences-in-sex-development/#:~:text=Some people have a chromosome,full physical development at puberty.

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Khelif is a woman.

If she has some sort of genetic mutation that means her body is similar to that of a man, the fairest thing to do might be to not allow her to compete.

Apparently she has XY chromosomes, which mean she is male.  Even if she has a womb, it might put her in the intersex area.

It's not unlike the whole trans in sport issue it's important to keep women's sport safe and fair for women.

2 hours ago, parallelman said:

I must admit that my initial (face value) thoughts on this problem was that the IOC was wrong. However, I am not one who trusts 'face value' feelings since Boxing is not a sport I follow and my lack of knowledge could be at fault. Indeed, that seems to be the case here. I read an online article from CP 24, Toronto, and it quotes the Irish Boxer, Amy Broadhurst (who beat Imane Kelif in 2022) saying that it is not I. K's fault etc. and that she has already been beaten by 9 females before. From Axios, Imane Kelif also lost to Kellie Harrington (Irish) in the Tokyo Olympics. So I.K. had competed in Womens Boxing at the Olympics before! Another after-thought intrigued me, doesn't Algeria have an Anti-LGBTQ laws? According to Wiki, yes Algeria does criminalise that community. From News 18, a Dr.Ambrish Mithal said that Imane Kelif has 5-alpha reductase defficiency. People with this condition have XY chromasomes but lack DHT which is necessary for full male development. Outward appearance can be either male or female and in I.K.'s case, it was the latter (probably suffers from inferility too).

I conclude that having fought in the women's category before there seems little reason to ban Imane Kelif this time. Imane Kelif was certified at birth as female and we should respect that. Life must be very difficult for her..."Nature' can be cruel sometimes and I hope that in the future Doctors will be able to detect and correct at very early stages.

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

If we started to ban every male with higher hormone values to compete with "normal" men values, ,,,,,, nature give and takes, and sometimes not fair at all

I am not suggesting that I agree with the present IOC/Imane Khelif situation but with regard to the official documentation then I respect her/she titles. I also feel that I would lose any argument on her competing in women's boxing since both the IBA and IOC have allowed it in previous years. Until/unless official stamps and signatures change Imane Khelif's status the titles must be her, she etc. So the argument is for future doctors to determine after birth the status of chromasomes etc and classify according to the definitions at that time. 

Edited by parallelman

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

If she has some sort of genetic mutation that means her body is similar to that of a man, the fairest thing to do might be to not allow her to compete.

Apparently she has XY chromosomes, which mean she is male.  Even if she has a womb, it might put her in the intersex area.

It's not unlike the whole trans in sport issue it's important to keep women's sport safe and fair for women.

She’s a woman.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

She’s a woman.

This is the body of a biological male. The hip/shoulder ratio doesn't lie. Males and females are born with different skeletons (female hips are wider for childbirth) and hormonal imbalances don't change that.

Capturedcran2024-08-02120227.png.5b854ef8d569ddaa518f2b1d3b9673d7.png

3-man-and-woman.jpg.0986bebe191fead02cc2db3231a271d8.jpg

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

She’s a woman.

She may be being called a woman, but the following is still true:

"If she has some sort of genetic mutation that means her body is similar to that of a man, the fairest thing to do might be to not allow her to compete.

It's not unlike the whole trans in sport issue it's important to keep women's sport safe and fair for women."

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Hummin said:

and tragic people from all over the world allow themselves to hate her and use her destiny for political purposes.

Or perhaps they are worried for the safety of female boxers fighting a woman with a man's body. 

Yes it's not her fault she has a man's body, but that doesn't mean she should use her male physique to beat the cr4p out of all her opponents. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

17 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Is it her fault that she has genetics that make her athletically superior any more than was it Mark Spitz's fault that he had a body perfectly designed to be an elite swimmer?

But she has a male physique, and all her opponents have a female physique. The comparison with Spitz is mute. 

This is like allowing a sighted person compete in a race with the visually impaired. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, rattlesnake said:

This is the body of a biological male. The hip/shoulder ratio doesn't lie. Males and females are born with different skeletons (female hips are wider for childbirth) and hormonal imbalances don't change that.

Capturedcran2024-08-02120227.png.5b854ef8d569ddaa518f2b1d3b9673d7.png

3-man-and-woman.jpg.0986bebe191fead02cc2db3231a271d8.jpg

Yes Doctor.

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

She may be being called a woman, but the following is still true:

"If she has some sort of genetic mutation that means her body is similar to that of a man, the fairest thing to do might be to not allow her to compete.

It's not unlike the whole trans in sport issue it's important to keep women's sport safe and fair for women."

She doesn’t have a ‘Generic Mutation’.

She has a rare but nevertheless natural chromosome pattern.

Read the link I posted earlier.

17 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Or perhaps they are worried for the safety of female boxers fighting a woman with a man's body. 

Yes it's not her fault she has a man's body, but that doesn't mean she should use her male physique to beat the cr4p out of all her opponents. 

I'm against transgenders attending female sports and locker rooms. 

This one, I feel different for, and being punished for natural selection or call it advantages. 

First they have to change the rules. Not for you, me and everyone else to discuss what she is, or not

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

But she is a female boxer.

She doesn’t have a man’s body, she has her own body and since she is female it’s a female body.

• Confused 1

Just now, Hummin said:

I'm against transgenders attending female sports and locker rooms. 

This one, I feel different for, and being punished for natural selection or call it advantages. 

First they have to change the rules. Not for you, me and everyone else to discuss what she is, or not

Precisely.

14 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

She doesn’t have a ‘Generic Mutation’.

She has a rare but nevertheless natural chromosome pattern.

Read the link I posted earlier.

Does she have XY chromosomes?  Did that give her a male like body?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, BangkokReady said:

Does she have XY chromosomes?  Did that give her a male like body?

Oh so now it’s a male like body.

She’s still a woman.

I‘ve provided a link that explains chromosome patter variations.

It’s worth reading.

2 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

There is very little difference between a male and female skeleton before puberty. Amount of exercise and exposure to sunlight makes a difference. Hormonal imbalances (at the right age) would make a huge difference.

After puberty, I'm with you.