On Nut Ghetto

Celsius

Unfortunately, due to wife's work we had to move close to On Nut. Not too close, but still close enough.

Since I first saw Thailand with my own eyes, On Nut always seemed sketchy to me. I mean as the name implies, you are just there to nut, but over the years it has become a ground zero for losers around the world.

First, let us observe Tesco Lotus near On Nut station. Why is it that every white dude, in their 20's all the way to their 70's brings their hooker to shop for vegetables? It just screams "look at my trophy, I am so cool". Only if 

"The food court" - probably the hub of all the bacteria and microbes collected around the world brought to you by a budget airline. The place is just disgusting to look at' let alone eat.... and I don't blame Thais for this.

"The cool spots" - like the W district. Yeah, right..... another hooker central and occasional Gen Z crowd who think they are hanging out with "cool" Thais while in fact they are interacting with hookers. Did I mention prostitutes? You would think Nana and Soi Cowboy are a mecca of illicit activity, but you would be wrong.

Cheap condos. Man o man.... the travesty of bad maintenance just screams here. Surrounded by great developers who like to name their condo "Idiot" this would be a great place to observe at what happens when you buy a place to live in Thailand.

Of course, there are no malls – as a seasoned and cool Farang, you must hate malls. You've been here too long, and mingling with your Thai friends is part of the cool vibe. But let's be honest, malls are fantastic and there aren't any near On Nut. Tesco and Century Plaza don’t count – after all, Century Plaza is a plaza, not a mall. Just think about it... even the outskirts have big, impressive malls. So why not have one in On Nut?

Edit... already a few sad emoji from people who live in On Nut

Edited by Celsius
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 15
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You pass and observe the entire Onnut area?...or just a minute part of it that the bus passes through that is not representative of the whole area?

one minute too much

• Sad 5

1 minute ago, tomazbodner said:

Never lived there but had a friend there. And one of my dentists has a clinic in the area, so I passed through several times. And I am not unsure if this is the same On Nut the OP is talking about. Admittedly I was never there at night, but during the daytime, I never felt like that.

Maybe OP is just trolling? I wonder what he'd say about a friendly family resort by the sea 120 km south east...

A dentist in On Nut where every dental clinic is named Smile or Sawadee.

Oh dear.

Good dentists are in Silom, specifically Thanaya Plaza, not On Nut.

Another quality expat!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 7

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You didn't have to move. You, or maybe the alpha in your relationship, decided to move.

Maybe start with that issue. If you figure that out it should help you, and not just with the location of your home.

I also gave you a sad emoji. And not because I have any problem with On Nut - but obviously I live in a cooler part of the town. 😉 

A sad emoji is ok from you

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Oh dear.

Another quality expat!

You mean Thanaya in Hyderabad  or the one in Abu Dhabi?

But I better don't ask  too many questions to someone who thinks Thaniya is a place to go for a dentist. 

Best in town is in Onnut, btw.

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You pass and observe the entire Onnut area?...or just a minute part of it that the bus passes through that is not representative of the whole area?

You can tell when you pass an ify area

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Just in case anybody wants to see a little more about that area.

In general, Bangkok Pat seems to be well informed.

Are there any cats in the video?

52 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Just in case anybody wants to see a little more about that area.

In general, Bangkok Pat seems to be well informed.

Interesting at least, if not desirable.

6 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

Ghetto? Do they have break dancers and those with Attitude NWA guys? Shooting at night? Jin'n'Juice? WTF

I guess Americans nut elsewhere 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Celsius said:

Oh dear.

Another quality expat!

Ah Thaniya plaza... the dentist who ruined my teeth that required root canal treatment for his idiocy. Thank you, now I finally know you're just a troll and don't actually know anything.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Ah Thaniya plaza... the dentist who ruined my teeth that required root canal treatment for his idiocy. Thank you, now I finally know you're just a troll and don't actually know anything.

So a dentist ruined your teeth and you're angry at me.

Another leftie 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1