Pattaya minivan owner in despair after drain cover damages vehicle

snoop1130

Pattaya-4-Pattaya-city-blamed-for-minivan-damage-from-dislodged-drain-cover-1.jpg

A 39 year old minivan owner has been left in dire straits after a dislodged drain cover severely damaged his vehicle in Pattaya. On the evening of July 13, near the entrance of Soi Phothisarn on Sukhumvit Road, Kosol’s white Toyota van encountered the rogue cover, which flew up and wreaked havoc on the undercarriage, damaging the fuel tank and power pump.

Despite promptly reporting the incident to Pattaya City police on July 15, Kosol Kwansuk’s pleas for help have fallen on deaf ears. Over two weeks later, he has yet to receive any response or assistance. Frustrated by the lack of action and shifting of responsibility, Kosol has turned to the media to shed light on his plight.

Kosol, who relies on his van for his family’s livelihood, is currently unable to work due to the extensive damage and inability to afford the repairs.

“I initially feared I had hit a motorcycle because of the loud noise. Upon inspection, I found the dislodged drain cover had struck my van.”

Local vendors and motorcycle taxi drivers corroborated Kosol’s account, revealing that the dislodged drain cover has been a recurring issue, causing multiple accidents. Just before Kosol’s ordeal, a motorcycle accident occurred on July 30 on Thepprasit Road, resulting in injuries and damage to the motorcycle.

The city’s delayed response has left Kosol feeling abandoned. He is now urgently appealing to Pattaya City officials, particularly Mayor Poramet Ngampichet, to investigate the situation and expedite the compensation process for his repair costs, reported Pattaya Mail.

By Puntid Tantivangphaisal

Photo courtesy of Pattaya Mail

Full story: The Thaiger 2024-08-02

-  Cigna offers a variety of health insurance plans designed to meet the minimum requirement for medical treatment coverage, with benefits reaching up to THB 3 million. These plans are tailored to provide comprehensive healthcare solutions for expatriates, ensuring peace of mind and access to quality medical services. To explore the full range of Cigna's expat health insurance options and find a plan that suits your needs, click here for more information.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

City officials doing their work diligently

They are more into producing great big holes for vans to fall into, than worrying about little round covers. 

• Haha 1

We had a similar incident up in Chum Phae a couple of years ago.

We fixed our vehicle and that was then end of it as far as any city official was concerned.

As they say, nothing to see here, move on. (and watch where you are going next time ..... 🤔)

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Kosol, who relies on his van for his family’s livelihood, is currently unable to work due to the extensive damage and inability to afford the repairs.

May I assume that "Kosol" is financial unable to pay for adequate insurance and mandatory maintenance of his public vehicle? 

12 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

May I assume that "Kosol" is financial unable to pay for adequate insurance and mandatory maintenance of his public vehicle? 

Maybe we could do a fundraiser on this forum to get him back on the road?

I am in.

• Love It 1

9 hours ago, nakhonandy said:

Good luck getting compensation, they won't even admit it's their fault.

Depends on the media coverage, as soon as a lawyer gets involved they can move quickly,

50 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Depends on the media coverage, as soon as a lawyer gets involved they can move quickly,

Possibly, meanwhile the poor bloke has a duff motor he can't afford to repair, meaning no income.

On 8/2/2024 at 7:23 PM, snoop1130 said:

promptly reporting the incident to Pattaya City police on July 15, Kosol Kwansuk’s pleas for help have fallen on deaf ears. Over two weeks later, he has yet to receive any response or assistance.

Pattaya Plod indeed.   Why do they get paid?