Mass Arrests Follow Violent Far-Right Demonstrations Across the UK

Social Media

4 hours ago, Sigmund said:

No matter what may the opinion of each on this issue. Any form of criminal activity or violence must not be tolerated. How would we feel as foreigners in Thailand if suddenly the Thai xenophobia took to the streets and farangs start to get assaulted for nothing ?

You obviously haven't been out in soi 6 Pattaya lately....

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Calm down, wind your self promoted grievance in:

The Metropolitan police in London have issued a statement to say they “are aware of the significant public concern around” a video being shared that appears to show Labour councillor Ricky Jones calling for the throats of rioters to be cut.

The party has suspended him, with a spokesperson describing his comments as “completely unacceptable”.

The police said “Officers are investigating as a matter of urgency.”

There is no ‘two tier policing’.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/live/2024/aug/08/anti-racism-protests-far-right-riots-uk-politics-live-updates

Any more slap downs needed. I'm on call .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Calm down, wind your self promoted grievance in:

The Metropolitan police in London have issued a statement to say they “are aware of the significant public concern around” a video being shared that appears to show Labour councillor Ricky Jones calling for the throats of rioters to be cut.

The party has suspended him, with a spokesperson describing his comments as “completely unacceptable”.

The police said “Officers are investigating as a matter of urgency.”

There is no ‘two tier policing’.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/live/2024/aug/08/anti-racism-protests-far-right-riots-uk-politics-live-updates

What grievance, just (as per usual) laying out the facts.  His offence is inciting racial hatred which carries up to 7 years imprisonment. 

Lets see if he faces the "full force of the law" as promised by Keir Starmer.  

image.thumb.png.e9f848122b34e00836db6f78633fb83b.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, James105 said:

What grievance, just (as per usual) laying out the facts.  His offence is inciting racial hatred which carries up to 7 years imprisonment. 

Lets see if he faces the "full force of the law" as promised by Keir Starmer.  

image.thumb.png.e9f848122b34e00836db6f78633fb83b.png

So now you accept the police are investigating the incident.

It took me 30 seconds to find the report of them doing do.

Probably less time than it took you to fire off your self strike grievance ‘ not facing the full force of the law’ whinge.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So now you accept the police are investigating the incident.

It took me 30 seconds to find the report of them doing do.

Probably less time than it took you to fire off your self strike grievance ‘ not facing the full force of the law’ whinge.

This man was jailed for 26 months for "shouting and gesticulating" at the police.  No mention of any racial slurs, property damage or violence. 

So, let's see what happens to the Labour councillor who was calling for white people to have their throats slit.   Based on what this man got for merely shouting, how many years do you think the Labour councillor should get?  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, James105 said:

This man was jailed for 26 months for "shouting and gesticulating" at the police.  No mention of any racial slurs, property damage or violence. 

So, let's see what happens to the Labour councillor who was calling for white people to have their throats slit.   Based on what this man got for merely shouting, how many years do you think the Labour councillor should get?  

Did he call for ‘White people to have their throats slit’?

Calling for anyone to have their throat slit is abhorrent, but did you insert anything into that claim?

• Haha 1

The Riot Act with good reason is very severe as well it should be. In Thailand they may well shoot you he should count himself lucky.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1986/64

Where 12 or more persons who are present together use or threaten unlawful violence for a common purpose and the conduct of them (taken together) is such as would cause a person of reasonable firmness present at the scene to fear for his personal safety, each of the persons using unlawful violence for the common purpose is guilty of riot.

Edited by beautifulthailand99

44 minutes ago, James105 said:

The offence.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

See sentencing live  - beautiful to behold for the good citizens of the UK. Democracy, Justice and the Rule of Law  - something that Thailand is sadly yet to experience. Justice must be done and seen to be done.

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

See sentencing live  - beautiful to behold for the good citizens of the UK. Democracy, Justice and the Rule of Law  - something that Thailand is sadly yet to experience. Justice must be done and seen to be done.

Glorious!

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, josephbloggs said:

You don't understand how things work as you keep parroting this line. Where's your evidence that they are not going to be charged and they are free to go. Please give something to back that up as it is nonsense, just people who don't know how things work and twist it (almost certainly deliberately.

The Southport racists/thugs/rioters (whatever you want to call them) were charged with violent disorder, seen by a magistrate and plead guilty, so it is all over and done with quickly, there is no prolonged investigation, no criminal trial, it is open and shut.

The Manchester incident is completely different. Four guys (yes, Muslims - the Manchester constabulary obviously didn't get the memo about two tier policing) were arrested at the scene and are currently on police bail whilst the investigation is ongoing - matters complicated no doubt by the policeman kicking one suspect in the head and then stamping on it (again, he didn't get the memo as according to you and others here, the police don't touch Muslims).

Once the investigation is over absolutely no doubt they will be charged accordingly. If they plead guilty it also won't go to criminal trial.

Get it now? If you have evidence to back up your nonsense that they aren't going to be charged then let's see it.

By the way, these assailants' names were released after they were arrested even though they are Muslims!!    What what what?? I thought we covered up Muslim suspects?? No?? That's what people were saying after the Southport suspect's name wasn't released. It is laughable what nonsense the right swallow up without checking - and then the snowflakes get angry about it when they are called out.

Have they been charged ?

No, they haven't . 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Get it now? If you have evidence to back up your nonsense that they aren't going to be charged then let's see it.

I didn't say that they aren't going to be charged . 

You made something up and then stated that its nonsense 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/7/2024 at 8:40 AM, RuamRudy said:

I stand corrected - 5 years for conspiring to cause a public nuisance. 

But attack a police officer and you get 3 years. Riot and destroy property - 20 to 30 months. 

Justice is a joke in England. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/cy8497l7dx8t?post=asset%3Abdd9c808-c17c-438f-8c6c-c961bc61c07d#post

Sentencing takes into account prior offences and likelihood to reoffend, and  extent of damage/injuries.  Some defence counsels are more effective than others at sentencing too.

2 minutes ago, James105 said:

Like this one?

I already stated in your earlier posting in this that he deserves to be held accountable under the law.

If you are not happy with my view he should be investigated and charged if he broke the law then please do let me know.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I already stated in your earlier posting in this that he deserves to be held accountable under the law.

If you are not happy with my view he should be investigated and charged if he broke the law then please do let me know.

I actually missed your response and yes you did. 

I'm not convinced that members of the public should be held to a higher standard than the media though as it is very common for the media to release incorrect headlines that are later corrected with an apology as facts become known and do not face arrest for this.   It seems to me after just 4 weeks of a Labour government the UK is heading down a very dark path.   There was an Englishman who wrote a very famous book that covered a lot of this kind of thing.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1