Pattaya cops stop brawl between Kuwaiti tourists & Thai bikers

webfact

1 hour ago, NowNow said:

Disrespect everything Thai? Let's see your examples and then we can see if they do anything different to other foreign tourists here.

It's just nasty prejudice showing it's UGLY face on this board...as per usual. Same old faces.

Nownow,NowNow.

1 hour ago, NowNow said:

Disrespect everything Thai? Let's see your examples and then we can see if they do anything different to other foreign tourists here.

It's just nasty prejudice showing it's UGLY face on this board...as per usual. Same old faces.

Nownow,NowNow.

10 hours ago, steven100 said:

Thailand future generation,  following in their elders footsteps.  They'll go far ....  

Activity that promotes the drive for family friendly destination for visitors, well done guys....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, steven100 said:

Thailand future generation,  following in their elders footsteps.  They'll go far ....  

You don't know what you're talking about man. These Kuwait gangsters have been doing this for several years. Police are wussies dealing with them

10 hours ago, Expat Tom said:

I hope they teach the the spoiled rich little brats a good lesson.

Thailand is a wonderful country

What about the countless young Thais that do the exact same thing that these "brats" are doing?

• Agree 1

I lived not far from there for many years and regularly walked through that area day and night.  

Was, by far, the most likely part of Pattaya to get knocked down by a motor cycle at night (Soi Bhoakow totally pales in comparison)

Many times a middle eastern lad has crashed his bike very near me. One barely missed me while crashing into a row of refuse bins one night. A lot of them I am sure have never ridden a motor cycle before getting to Pattaya.

As to why the police do not clear them out, they could, in 5 minutes, by stopping Thai's renting the motor cycles to them or locking a few of the offenders up as an example.

As any local knows though, why would they. They are a "cash cow". 10,000's (100,000's?) Baht are paid out everyday in "fines".  A lucrative business.

Some of the offenders are children of high ranking people in the middle east also, in Pattaya to "sow their wild oats" so that plays a part too.

Only time anything looks like happening (and doesn’t) is when the headlines become a bit too big.

I keep reading about foreigners disrespecting local Thai’s there.  This has to stop. If you feel you must create problems for others when in Thailand then stay out of the country!  There also needs to be harsher laws invoked for those who break laws there.  It’s not entirely clear who is at fault here but regardless, please respect the locals!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, smedly said:

this is what happens when police fail to deal with the actual problem

Agreed....   While rental shops completely ignore the laws of only being able to rent out to those with a licence. 

If the Police were to confiscate the bikes and fining the rental agencies for illegally renting out these bikes - these issues would cease to exist.

While the Kuwati's are known for 'ragging' these rental bikes around the streets of Pattaya, their activities are enabled by the inaction of the police and rental shops getting away with being completely unaccountable. 

-----

One additional points: 

Were these Kuwaiti's at school in Thailand on a school holiday... Or here during their Kuwaiti Summer school holidays ?

• Agree 1

I think it very likely indeed the police either own the bike rental shops a lot of the lads rent from or are getting a % from the bike rental shops for not closing them down for allowing them to be rented without licences, insurance etc etc. 

20 hours ago, webfact said:

The precise cause of the conflict remains unclear, though tensions have been high due to complaints about the foreign tourists, who are reportedly students on school leave. These students have allegedly disrespected locals and caused disturbances by racing motorbikes without proper licences, registration, or documentation.

What is wrong with you Bright Choomanee("The Pattaya News")?
This people acts like wild animals: they group into a band, establish their own rules on the territory marked as theirs, bully, and do whatever they want.

There is a building store there, I bought a drill there, these animals were there too, group. Everything was clear from their behavior.

2 hours ago, Simon1287 said:

I think it very likely indeed the police either own the bike rental shops a lot of the lads rent from or are getting a % from the bike rental shops for not closing them down for allowing them to be rented without licences, insurance etc etc. 

It can not be true: Pattaya City achieves 99.41 score in anti-corruption assessment  

• Agree 1

Is Thai prison system sensitive to dietary restrictions of the inmates?

"Hey Abdul, do you want the pig bone or just the fat?"

"Sharia?  Oh yeah, she worked a gogo on Walking Street, but she quit and married a farang."

3 hours ago, DeeMakMak said:

What is wrong with you Bright Choomanee("The Pattaya News")?
This people acts like wild animals: they group into a band, establish their own rules on the territory marked as theirs, bully, and do whatever they want.

There is a building store there, I bought a drill there, these animals were there too, group. Everything was clear from their behavior.

I'm really not sure if you are talking of the Kuwaiti hoons or the Thai Moto-taxi thugs... 

21 hours ago, Taboo2 said:

Yes, they are not afraid to put an end to this mess that the cops should have done weeks ago.  How many complaints must be filed before action is taken?????

Oh many, and a few deaths that get onto social media and global news. 

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I'm really not sure if you are talking of the Kuwaiti hoons or the Thai Moto-taxi thugs... 

About Kuwaiti,  the Thai Moto-taxi thugs are not angels too. I think main difference that Kuwaiti are super dumb/stupid and Thai Moto-taxi thugs in comparison with Kuwaiti are intellectual/smart. But I don't defend them.