Poll: Who will Kamala Harris pick to be her VP?

Poll: Who will Kamala Harris pick to be her VP?  

83 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, sirineou said:

He also has a problem with the teacher's unions because of his support for school vouchers, which would defund poor school districts. 

He seems a bit like Kamala. Damaged goods that people had become prematurely excited about. As far as Walz goes he might as well be the mayor of SF given the reputation of MN and Minneapolis these days. Cell phone usage in downtown MPLS is still 40% of what it used to be. I am sure Ilhan Omar will endorse him. Lol

https://www.americanexperiment.org/data-show-that-downtown-minneapolis-has-had-the-worst-recovery-of-daytime-and-weekday-activity-in-the-united-states/

Edited by Cryingdick

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Kelly would be my choice but he is a Senator and would have to give up his seat, another Democratic Senator will be appointed by the Democratic governor (Polis) , but whoever is appointed  will be up for reelection during the mid-terms that would favor the opposition party, and the Democrats can't afford to lose a seat in the Senate. 

Shapiro seems to be the sweetheart of the Media, he  would help with Ohio, but he would hurt for three reasons.

He is Jewish and there  those who will not vote for the ticket because of that, as unfortunate as it is, its true. .

He is a strong supporter of Israel's policy toward the Palestinian, and there are many , including the youth vote who will not vote for someone who supports the genocide,and apartheid policies.  

And he is a strong supporter of school vouchers , that will put him at odds with the NEA (National teachers Union)

IMO , if she picks Shapira, say hello to another four years of president trump.

Tim Walz brings Minnesota to the table, has no negatives that I know of, He is very likable in a down to earth kind of way. 

Pete Buttigieg is Intelligent, articulate, and likable, other than that I am not sure what else he brings to the table as far as enhancing Harris'  electability  . I think he would be outstanding for a major cabinet appointment to build up his CV  and a shot at the presidency in the future. 

I don't know enough about the rest to have an opinion.   

As before you have obnoxiously distorted Shapiro's position on the conflict. He's in the mainstream of democratic politicians on that yet you again obsess about his ethnicity. He does not support apartheid or genocide.

"A dangerous and destructive force"

"One of the worst leaders of all time"

Shapiro about Netanyahu

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, bendejo said:

I like Walz.

In regard to who brings in votes, Kelly: Americans love astronauts.  Or at least did.

Can i ask you, why you like Walz? Kelly is smart enough as an astronaut that he was able to orbit half way from a Death Star of stupidity.what do you think goes through his mind when Kamala suddenly supports fracking? He has too much integrity to join a political shapeshifter.

Kamala isn't choosing at this point.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Haha 1

Personality.  Watch one of his TV appearances. 

If you're hoping for extreme left communist fascist very bad things etc prepare to be disappointed.

2 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Personality.  Watch one of his TV appearances. 

If you're hoping for extreme left communist fascist very bad things etc prepare to be disappointed.

I am from Minnesota and live in America. You are teaching grandma how to suck an egg. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Cryingdick said:

I am from Minnesota and live in America. You are teaching grandma how to suck an egg. 

I knew better to respond to you but I did anyway.  My bad.

• Haha 1

Just now, bendejo said:

I knew better to respond to you but I did anyway.  My bad.

Yet you can not mention one accomplishment regarding Walz. He was on tv and you seemed to like him. Thats it.

it is beginning to seem like he drew the long straw.

Another thing that works in his favor is that everyone can spell and pronounce his name.

Poor Pete Buttigieg, at least two posters here have made him a Buttigeig.

10 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Another thing that works in his favor is that everyone can spell and pronounce his name.

Poor Pete Buttigieg, at least two posters here have made him a Buttigeig.

You don't seem to know what drawing the long straw means.

14 hours ago, susanlea said:

It is true. It is all scripted. Speeches, strategy, VP pick. All a hoax. You should know this.

Just like your nonstop Russian posts. You should know this.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

No such thing as a communist fascist. Try again comrade.

• Like 1

Just now, cjinchiangrai said:

Just like your nonstop Russian posts. You should know this.

A big distinction is she doesnt run the country. I have more stringent standards in regards to elected officials.

Just now, cjinchiangrai said:

This doesn't  even make sense. This site has  quite possibly surpassed reddit to become the dumbest place on the internet.

• Thumbs Up 1

A big distinction is she doesnt run the country. I have more stringent standards in regards to elected officials.

The big distinction is that she is not a convicted criminal. You should redefine what you consider standards.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Cryingdick said:

This doesn't  even make sense. This site has  quite possibly surpassed reddit to become the dumbest place on the internet.

If it does not make sense, toy need to review your middle school civics. It will help.

Just now, CharlieKo said:

The question should be, Who is dumb enugh to want to be Harris's VP, knowing Harris hasn't a chance of winning?

Walz got the straw. Everybody else ran away and Shapiro was pushed out.

5 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

If it does not make sense, toy need to review your middle school civics. It will help.

Okay, well first if all my pronouns don't include comrade. Learn basic manners and get back to me.

Edited by Cryingdick

15 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

Actually they are similar in many ways. Both based on large armies and state controls.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

As before you have obnoxiously distorted Shapiro's position on the conflict. He's in the mainstream of democratic politicians on that yet you again obsess about his ethnicity. He does not support apartheid or genocide

First I RESENT CHARACTERISING MY POST  STYLE AS  OBNOXIOUS

Your style in this instance is trampesque  and requires an apology.

.  I am not going to make value judgments one way or another,I don't know the man ,a few weeks ago I had never heard of the man, I only know what has been reported.

,   The fact remains that it has been reported that in the past he has opposed  a two state solution and right or wrong the perception out there is that he  is pro Israeli to the detriment of the Palestinians, and it will hurt to the affects that some who would had otherwise voted for Hattis would not with a shapiro ticket. 

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

"A dangerous and destructive force"

"One of the worst leaders of all time"

Shapiro about Netanyahu

Of course now that he has national inspirations would walk back past positions , all politicians do. Perhaps he is sincere perhaps he is not, I don't know what is in the heart of the man, but I do know this, 

You can bet the republicand will jump all over it, and beat him up over the head with it. 

First Principles. What id the input? IMO is to prevent trump from getting in power. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

If there was going to be two women on the ticket, it would have been Whitmer who really should be on top of the ticket, but that's another story. 

Because she’s white?

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, sirineou said:

First I RESENT CHARACTERISING MY POST  STYLE AS  OBNOXIOUS

Your style in this instance is trampesque  and requires an apology.

.  I am not going to make value judgments one way or another,I don't know the man ,a few weeks ago I had never heard of the man, I only know what has been reported.

,   The fact remains that it has been reported that in the past he has opposed  a two state solution and right or wrong the perception out there is that he  is pro Israeli to the detriment of the Palestinians, and it will hurt to the affects that some who would had otherwise voted for Hattis would not with a shapiro ticket. 

Of course now that he has national inspirations would walk back past positions , all politicians do. Perhaps he is sincere perhaps he is not, I don't know what is in the heart of the man, but I do know this, 

You can bet the republicand will jump all over it, and beat him up over the head with it. 

First Principles. What id the input? IMO is to prevent trump from getting in power. 

More games.

He was against a two state solution when he was 20 years old.

Since he's been a politician he's had a mainstream view supporting it.

Yes it's obnoxious to assume his views on Netanyahu aren't sincere.

If he's not picked it will indicate that any Jew that supports the right of Israel to exist and defend itself holding the same views of the majority of all Americans on that issue is somehow not OK for the highest offices.

I say that because it's obvious that he was going to be picked and if he's not it's about him being a Jew not his views on the conflict.

I'm for Harris regardless but it's funny not ha ha that Mexico has a Jewish president before the US even has a Jewish vice president. 

No I'm not suggesting at all that Harris is a Jew hater. Not picking Shapiro because he's a Jew as that might hurt her chances to win is a reasonable political decision but a sad reason. Not to mention she's married to a Jew. 

Edited by Jingthing