Poll: Who will Kamala Harris pick to be her VP?

Poll: Who will Kamala Harris pick to be her VP?  

83 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Jingthing said:

Yes it's obnoxiously to assume his views on Netanyahu aren't sincere.

The only think obnoxious are you characterizations 

Later for you. 

It appears that Walz would be the most likely pick. I really like Shapiro but I recently found out that he was a orthodox practicing Jew, and even though I'm a Jew that's a turn off for me, as he was an unconditional supporter of Israel during their recent slaughter in Gaza. That is likely not going to play well. I have nothing against support for Israel but I think it should be highly conditional, and I think we should not support genocide against women and children. Israel ALWAYS has to be questioned, as the place is populated by alot of extremist politicians these days. Not good. I think charges should be brought against Netanyahu so I'm probably the last person to support Shapiro.

For me Walz or Beshear would be the best two choices. Kelly is good, but too old and potentially too liberal. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Shapiro seems to have peaked too soon, allowing all aspects of his career to be picked apart. Walz was drafting behind him, and now may overtake him.

Sure.

Which brings up the scary reality that the Haris surge can't last forever. But it should at least until after the convention.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

It appears that Walz would be the most likely pick. I really like Shapiro but I recently found out that he was a orthodox practicing Jew, and even though I'm a Jew that's a turn off for me, as he was an unconditional supporter of Israel during their recent slaughter in Gaza. That is likely not going to play well. I have nothing against support for Israel but I think it should be highly conditional, and I think we should not support genocide against women and children. Israel ALWAYS has to be questioned, as the place is populated by alot of extremist politicians these days. Not good. I think charges should be brought against Netanyahu so I'm probably the last person to support Shapiro.

For me Walz or Beshear would be the best two choices. Kelly is good, but too old and potentially too liberal. 

You're suggesting Shapiro is pro genocide and that's garbage.

Walz actually is the furthest left of the six. Why do you think he's been endorsed by Bernie?

There are pros and cons of going left with her VP. I mainly want to beat the maga fascists soundly. Picking Walz may be both very bold and electorally smart. I'm happy if it's Walz but I'm sad that Shapiro who is sharper and more charismatic than Walz is going to be eliminated for having totally mainstream views on the middle east conflict that wouldn't even be mentioned if he wasn't a Jew.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Sure.

Which brings up the scary reality that the Haris surge can't last forever. But it should at least until after the convention.

My opinion is that Harris indeed will peak in the polls after the convention. Whether her lead will hold up or not depends on what scandals the Trump team can uncover.

It's hard to believe that anything new on Trump will emerge. Perhaps a hearing on his January 6 indictment might hurt him. And his sentencing for his 34 felonies.

More likely is something on JD Vance.

There's just that one problem with Shapiro. The Jewish problem.

Where have we heard that before?

Who’s Afraid of Josh Shapiro? - The Atlantic

The Pennsylvania governor called Benjamin Netanyahu “one of the worst leaders of all time.” But anti-Israel activists don’t want him on the Democratic ticket

A politician designed in a lab to help Democrats win pivotal Rust Belt swing states would probably look a lot like Josh Shapiro. In 2016, when Donald Trump won Pennsylvania by less than 1 percent of the vote, Shapiro was elected attorney general by nearly 3 percent. In 2020, when Joe Biden won the state by one point, Shapiro won reelection by more than four points. And in 2022, the Democrat took the governorship by a whopping 15 percent.

Today, Shapiro’s favorability in Pennsylvania stands at a commanding 61 percent, far outstripping Kamala Harris’s 49 percent in the state. Leaks from the Republican camp suggest that party strategists see the governor as one of their most formidable potential adversaries in a presidential campaign. There’s just one problem.

8 hours ago, sirineou said:

He also has a problem with the teacher's unions because of his support for school vouchers, which would defund poor school districts. 

That's the kind of thing that doesn't matter with a VP. He'd be the VP. His position on vouchers would be the same as Harris. 

Philadelphia Mayor Cherelle Parker  had an oops ... released a vid stating...

... “Proud to be back with so many leaders from across our region supporting Kamala Harris for President and Josh Shapiro for VP! We are One CITY, One REGION, and ONE Commonwealth United!”

Edited by KhunLA
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

Philadelphia Mayor Cherelle Parker  had an oops stated ... released a vid stating...

... “Proud to be back with so many leaders from across our region supporting Kamala Harris for President and Josh Shapiro for VP! We are One CITY, One REGION, and ONE Commonwealth United!”

Doesn’t mean much except he hopes Shapiro is picked. Shapiro is from the Philly burbs.

34 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Doesn’t mean much except he hopes Shapiro is picked. Shapiro is from the Philly burbs.

He is a she ... and it was supposedly a vid released prematurely, (by a staff member ... oops), not a 'live' speech, and before she has even announced her VP pick ... yet.  

Guess she'll announce Monday coming up.

Premature release ... oops

Or just hopeful thinking.  Quite the promo for just hopeful thinking, and only shown once.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Haha 1

On 8/5/2024 at 3:45 PM, novacova said:

She won’t be picking a vp, her handlers will be doing that.

Shame Trump's handlers didn't hold sway on his pick.....Shady Vance has been a car crash from the first minute......555

6 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Shame Trump's handlers didn't hold sway on his pick.....Shady Vance has been a car crash from the first minute......555

Only to Biden/Harris voters. I'm pleased with the Vance pick. I understand why the left, that used to love him, now hate him though. 

By shady, you mean growing up poor, joining the Marines after high school, graduating summa cum laude from Ohio State with a BA (in two years) and then getting his JD from Yale Law School where he was Editor of the "Yale Law Journal", and then getting married and having three kids. 
Yeah, he must seem really shady to you. We can't be having any intelligent, male, patriotic, white, heterosexuals running for office in the US.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

Only to Biden/Harris voters. I'm pleased with the Vance pick. I understand why the left, that used to love him, now hate him though. 

By shady, you mean growing up poor, joining the Marines after high school, graduating summa cum laude from Ohio State with a BA (in two years) and then getting his JD from Yale Law School where he was Editor of the "Yale Law Journal", and then getting married and having three kids. 
Yeah, he must seem really shady to you. We can't be having any intelligent, male, patriotic, white, heterosexuals running for office in the US.

I see he was slagged off big time by Republican Larry Hogan today....oh dear.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

He is a she ... and it was supposedly a vid released prematurely, (by a staff member ... oops), not a 'live' speech, and before she has even announced her VP pick ... yet.  

Guess she'll announce Monday coming up.

Premature release ... oops

Or just hopeful thinking.  Quite the promo for just hopeful thinking, and only shown once.

You're reading too much into that.

He's a home town boy and their advocating for him.

That's all.

It's like politicians always saying they're gonna win even when they know they're losing.

On the other hand, starting in Philly does maybe indicate that Shapiro was probably headed for the pick, but that can't be seen as an obligation if things change and things might have changed.

Edited by Jingthing

Just now, Yellowtail said:

Of course, you saw a headline.

A RINO running for the senate in a blue state attacking Vance/Trump, what a shock. 

5555.....I would have put money on RINO being in your response...5555

• Haha 1