Why is Thailand not full of so called Asylum Seekers?

8 minutes ago, CashMoon said:

The number of immigrants in Thailand is more than in England. There are around 5 million immigrants living in Thailand.

Nonsense there are only 3.5 million foreigners in Thailand.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, bob smith said:

genuine question.

why is thailand not overflowing with asylum seekers?

why are thai hotels not full of migrants that came over on boats?

I mean, the weather is warmer here than in the UK isn't it? why would anyone want to claim asylum in a country that rains 300 days a year...

does anyone know why Thailand is not currently full of Asylum Seekers seeking to relocate permanently in Thailand without any money in the bank?

thanks.

bob.

Bob, why compare the weather to the UK? I live in Oz and we have similar weather to Singapore.

30 minutes ago, CashMoon said:

They're just allowed to work illegally. The vast majority are from Myanmar. 2 million of them are irregular migrants.  They're everywhere in Bangkok. 

There is very legal avenues for migrant immigration from Myanmar to Thailand. I see them at immigration as well as at local provincial hospital where they register for free healthcare. Then if a Myanmar couple have a kid in Thailand - anchor baby.  I know, I have friends from Myanmar who will be living here the rest of their lives with their little Thai citizens.  Regarding illegal immigration from Myanmar?  I've got to guess there are migrant labor quotas so those coming in illegally probably couldn't get a spot on the labor quota. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, itsari said:

Difference between Australia and Thailand is Australia has signed an agreement with the UN on asylum which they do not follow. 

Laugh all you can , feel free 

1 minute ago, still kicking said:

Of course I can but I am not here to argue 

Of course not, you are here to show what knowledge you have about humanitarian obligations a country has according to the UN 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, itsari said:

Of course not, you are here to show what knowledge you have about humanitarian obligations a country has according to the UN 

Yeah, I don't argue with smart people.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, proton said:

There have been well over 10 million into the UK in the past 20 years. Tesco estimate that on consumption the real population of the UK is about 80 million. It's running at a million a year now, far greater than in Thailand.

Thailand could turn the boats back, UK could but don't and it's costing billions a year just to house and look after illegal immigrants.

Here is an example of one of them immigrants 

220px-Emma_Raducanu_2021_Transylvania_Open.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 3