So who is not married to a Thai?

There are thousands of posters on this website that pretend to be the experts in Asia and most in Thai political issues I just wonder how many of those posters live in Thailand yes I am not anymore but lived for a few years so what is the obsession posting here?

• Confused 8
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You tell us..  If you are not married to a Thai and not living in Thailand, what is your obsession with posting in this forum?

I am married to a Thai, and living in Thailand, have done so for over two decades since my early 20's... 

Does that make my opinion more valid than another posters ?...  Given the content some peddle, it most definitely does.... However, other posters often have what I can see to be a better insight into the 'Thailand' they experience as we have all live in different areas and have integrated with different facets and demographics of society so our outlook may differ. 

Then it could also be argued that for those of us who have lived here too long, we may have done 'too native' and the balance of our perspective has become distorted so an outside perspective is 'levelling'... 

... And then there are just the co<kwomble trolls who have recently arrived to this forum within the last 4 months and post really stupid, idiotic and inflammatory responses to stir up whatever is that 'floats their trollish boats'.... 

Hang on I have been married to a Thai for 21 years but do not live in Thai anymore but most of the posters here live elsewhere 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, still kicking said:

There are thousands of posters on this website that pretend to be the experts in Asia and most in Thai political issues I just wonder how many of those posters live in Thailand yes I am not anymore but lived for a few years so what is the obsession posting here?

I most certainly don’t pretend to be an expert in Asia and most Thai political issues. Yes I do live in Thailand, not married yet I marry next week and I’m not obsessed with posting.

Edited by Utalk2mutt
Repetition of wording
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

You tell us..  If you are not married to a Thai and not living in Thailand, what is your obsession with posting in this forum?

I am married to a Thai, and living in Thailand, have done so for over two decades since my early 20's... 

Does that make my opinion more valid than another posters ?...  Given the content some peddle, it most definitely does.... However, other posters often have what I can see to be a better insight into the 'Thailand' they experience as we have all live in different areas and have integrated with different facets and demographics of society so our outlook may differ. 

Then it could also be argued that for those of us who have lived here too long, we may have done 'too native' and the balance of our perspective has become distorted so an outside perspective is 'levelling'... 

... And then there are just the co<kwomble trolls who have recently arrived to this forum within the last 4 months and post really stupid, idiotic and inflammatory responses to stir up whatever is that 'floats their trollish boats'.... 

I am afraid for even more as we approach and American election and a flaring immigration reaction in the UK.

2 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I'm not married to a Thai.  Does that answer your question, which is, to be honest, a rather strange one?

Why....?

Oh, I have been married to a Thai female for many years.........🤗

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, sirineou said:

married to a Thai,  we lived in the US, then we came back a few years ago , and if the now  tax situation affects me adversely we might leave again, or have to reduce my time here to less than six months 

assuming a US citizen ...    the tax situation will most likely have "ZERO" effect on you

other than the 15 minutes of filling out a tax declaration 

things like SS money is not taxable in Thailand

pensions etc are already taxed in the US and not taxable in Thailand

large sums of money brought in can be "gifted " to your spouse,,     non taxable

ther's also things like Hong Kong pensions to explore 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/5/2024 at 11:11 PM, still kicking said:

What makes you think the posters in this site are experts? Just this comment alone shows you think you are the expert for Thailand. Everyone has their own experiences and opinions and the readers can discern and make decisions about their own opinions or beliefs. I do not think anyone can make claim to be an expert on Thailand, not even Thais. This country changes its agena and rules at an instant without proper thought how it affects the future or the people. They try things and then go back on them when it shows conflict or something drastic happens making Thais complain a lot. There is no set rules even when laws make set rules. They may get followed for a short time but then people do what they want instead. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, bluemoon58 said:

What a totally inane post that bears no relevance to the actual title of the post!

My thought exactly, there seems to be a complete disconnect between the title of the thread and the OP. Perhaps it was there to get more clicks.

I am not married to a Thai. My Thai GF has been with me for more than ten years.

I don't pretend to be an expert on Asia. The OP apparently has a bee in his bonnet on that score.

On 8/6/2024 at 2:00 PM, Peterphuket said:

99.9999999%  is not married to a Thai, next question please.

Well I and about 10 of my friends ARE married to Thai ladies, me for over 24 years, the others for varying amounts of time, and yes, we do live in Thailand, me since May 2001.

I suppose that we are among the 0.00000001%

7 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

I was planning to marry one late this year, but have pulled the pin.

She was better than average for back in England but other better opportunities have come up since living here so I will go for something much younger.

I have only been here for a few months but know more about Thailand that a lot of the long timers here.

Yeh, riiight, you have been on here a looooong time, I also reckon you are not a Brit....😂

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/8/2024 at 8:40 AM, MarcelV said:

I've been living in Thailand without ever having married. 

Now do I get a cookie?

C'mon peepz. Like my comment and keep the thread going!

I was married to a Thai, 2 different women (not at the same time!).  Did my head in.... now happily divorced for more than 10 years and life is so much better for it!