Should Biden be added to Rushmore?

1 hour ago, Cryingdick said:

Ā 

Pelosi thinks he has earned it so it must merit discussion.

Well Ms. Pelosi needs to read this article.

Ā 

https://www.argusleader.com/story/news/2020/06/26/south-dakota-mount-rushmore-national-memorial-national-park-service-can-add-face/3243967001/

Ā 

Edited by Moonlover

30 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

That disgusting monstrosity should be dynamited then returned to a more natural appearance if at all possibleĀ 

It was a product of a different period in US history.Ā Ā 

Ā 

If you dynamited Mt Rushmore, you'd have to dynamite the nearby Crazy Horse, which is of a much more recent vintage, when people should know better...

Ā 

I don't advocate destroying either.Ā  If only for the tourist money.Ā  (BTW, the history of the Crazy Horse Monument is pretty interesting.Ā  Google it...)

Ā 

Crazy Horse Memorial

Ā 

Crazy Horse Monument, South Dakota Memorial - AllTrips

Ā 

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

Ā Ā  As a retired US History teacher, I answer NO to adding Biden to Mt Rushmore.Ā 

Ā Ā  The monument, with its grand artistry, originally was an attempt to honor the American Heroic Age, with iconic figures.Ā  The earliest two on the left are among my all-time personal heroes.Ā 

Ā Ā  But that Heroic Age is long gone.Ā  We are now living in The Age of the Buffoon.Ā  Therefore, only Clowns should be carved into granite to best represent our times.Ā 

Ā Ā  I suggest immortalizing, as iconic Clowns from the past century, such eminent jokers as Alfred E. Neuman, Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders, and Groucho Marx.Ā 

Ā  Ā -Zenwind.Ā 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1