Mystery Deepens: Missing British Man Boarded Flight from Thailand

Has there been any update in the Real World news?  The most recent I could Bing up was from 8/4.  (Google's blocked here)

It seems as if the Finnair information came from some Thai poster?

A user, identifying themselves as Pol Rithikrai, who works for Thai immigration confirmed Simon had boarded Flight no. AY142 on July 26 at 05:46 am. But despite the crucial update, Simon's whereabouts in Finland are still unknown.

The article is dated 8/6, but the mother's update is dated 2 days earlier.  Maybe someone can find more recent info that I can't open from China?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/mum-brit-missing-thailand-issues-33403276

Edit:  Yeah, I know it's the Mirror.  I'm hoping someone can set me on the straight and narrow...

Edited by impulse

2 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

In what way is the poster fake ?

1. His height is reported in feet and inches. The UK went metric in 1965 and the police, being an official public body would use centimeters.

2. The post refers to the 'British Police'. There is no such entity. The police in England Wales are divided into regional divisions. If the South Yorkshire Police really produce this poster then that is how they would refer to themselves as.

3. In yesterday's post it was reported that: 'South Yorkshire police have confirmed that Simon’s case has been reported, though they have not launched a missing persons appeal'. So why would they produce a poster?

I therefor conclude the South Yorkshire Police did not produce this poster. It's a fake.

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

1. His height is reported in feet and inches. The UK went metric in 1965 and the police, being an official public body would use centimeters.

2. The post refers to the 'British Police'. There is no such entity. The police in England Wales are divided into regional divisions. If the South Yorkshire Police really produce this poster then that is how they would refer to themselves as.

3. In yesterday's post it was reported that: 'South Yorkshire police have confirmed that Simon’s case has been reported, though they have not launched a missing persons appeal'. So why would they produce a poster?

I therefor conclude the South Yorkshire Police did not produce this poster. It's a fake.

The family members did the poster?

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Good points.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, OldmanJ said:

Hopefully in a week or two he will contact everyone saying I just needed some personal space and time and my new friend and I feel great.

what new friend  ?   what about his  girlfriend back home  ?

41 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Thank you Moonlover ....   for a common sense approach and understanding of fake docs .... 

• Sad 1

Who says it was him who boarded the plane. He looks a lot like many a Finnish young man. Perhaps someone borrowed his identity to fly back. With a little help from an IO who just happens to confirm he flew out.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I gotta laugh at all the AI bots here who try to make out they really care because of the emoji they give. 

So hilarious !!

as if anyone here cares what they say ...  :guitar:

Edited by steven100
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

35 minutes ago, NobbyClarke said:

I wonder how much money "The Sun" are paying the family for this story? Or is it just me?

I wonder if The Sun planned the guy's disappearance, and then hired him to go missing.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

why the heck doesn't he call his sister at home                ?   

Did you notice that he also left his dog?

That is one heck of a beautiful dog.

Who does things like leave a dog and go missing?

image.png.8b4e7c66f0259c66828064a8a1b248f3.png

The dog answers to:  "Chops"

47 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Did you notice that he also left his dog?

That is one heck of a beautiful dog.

Who does things like leave a dog and go missing?

image.png.8b4e7c66f0259c66828064a8a1b248f3.png

The dog answers to:  "Chops"

Source, please!

5 hours ago, Moonlover said:

That's what I think too.

Why would you think the poster is fake? It seems likely it was made by his friend or his family, and they put the information in, so it's not quite up to official standards ie metric or Imperial. Also, if it was made by a friend or family member when they say to contact British police, they might mean to contact British, not try and contact Thai police.

15 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

What's all the fuss, hundreds of people go missing around the world daily. 

Nonsense article, He will turn up, good to go. 

If so he’s a real dick and a Jack off for putting his friends and family through all this

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Oh well, at least I have my beer that's sticking by me 🍺

And I have my wine. Needed it after that fairy tale posted by Kerryd.

PXL_20240807_1918521834.thumb.jpg.0859f8384606199b654c83e2bb5e552b.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

16 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The airline obviously know if he was on the flight, as the crew have to know who is on the plane, and to say they won't release that info is inexcusable, IMO.

Agreed. They should at least release this info to police and the family. Note to self: avoid Finnair.

18 hours ago, n00dle said:

One would think that confirming he got on and off the flight ould be a remarkably straightforward process. Thia police would have an image of him captured as he passed through immigration. The Finns, likewise will have records if he entered. 

So where TF is he?

<self-edited my armchair detective nonsense>

Edited by NanLaew