Kamala Harris's VP Choice: Did She Make Her First Major Campaign Mistake?

Social Media

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

You can’t deal with the real pick so you imagine an alternative.

What's to deal with? He's a hard leftist, so he has your vote, and not mine. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

Screenshot 2024-08-08 at 15.45.51.png

Correction: this is actually a shot of JD Vance practising his run for Congress.

From "Hillbilly Elegy" Netflix upcoming series, known in the trade as Netflix own "Buyers Remorse."

Edited by watthong
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

As I said, master sergeant is an achievement.

still not the point. a different reality was presented than what actually happened. if you want to talk about vance career start a thread. 

makes more sense to you yes. he appeals to you ideologically. you buy into his message. your choice to do so.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stoner said:

still not the point. a different reality was presented than what actually happened. if you want to talk about vance career start a thread. 

makes more sense to you yes. he appeals to you ideologically. you buy into his message. your choice to do so.

You claim to be a fence-sitter. Perhaps you can tell me when that actually achieved anything.

1 minute ago, stoner said:

sorry but safe spaces are strictly reserved for those on the left. 

Rubbish, Fox News and Breitbart are safe havens too. Have your predigested distortions served up on a platter.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

You claim to be a fence-sitter. Perhaps you can tell me when that actually achieved anything.

does my political view matter or need to achieve anything ? my views etc mean precisely sweet f all.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Lacessit said:

Rubbish, Fox News and Breitbart are safe havens too. Have your predigested distortions served up on a platter.

your opinion noted. no matter how wrong it is.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, stoner said:

your opinion noted. no matter how wrong it is.

I'm not the one living in a country where  medications are bankrupting people. I'd say neither are you.

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

As of the latest polls, 7 August, for the 2024 U.S. presidential election, Kamala Harris is currently leading Donald Trump.

According to RealClearPolitics, in a head-to-head matchup, Harris leads Trump by upto 4 percentage points. 

Oh dear.....looks like Walz has been a disastrous pick.

And Vance compared to Walz in opinion polls is like whale sh!t against an eagle's nest.

10 hours ago, sirineou said:

Nonsense!!

You really need to do your research before posting right wing talking point propaganda. Otherwise you risk becoming a right wing tool. 

The operative phrase of the above article is " He did not hold the rank at the time of his retirement"  But it does not mean that he had not archived the rank. 

See how propaganda works? it contains a kernel of truth around which a bias can coalesce. 

"Walz did achieve the rank of command sergeant major, it was a provisional rank until he completed required coursework for senior leaders, National Guard officials said. He did not do so by the time he departed the military and his retirement rank reverted to master sergeant on May 15, 2005, officials said. "

https://www.washingtonpost.com/elections/2024/08/07/tim-walz-military-record/

Right. So he was "acting" CSM. Just like now.

9 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

He got a promotion to that level. As the text says he didn't so the final part of training to officially begin the position as he left. Not like he is saying he's a Brigadier General or something. He served with honour for over 20 years. Calling him a fake soldier is clearly silly. 

Not really. I don't think that his former brothers in arms are very impressed:

https://www.newsweek.com/national-guard-disputes-tim-walzs-aremilitary-biography-1936038

9 hours ago, Galong said:

Hey Republicans, would you like Walz more if he was more manly?  Maybe coaching sports and being in the military isn't manly enough. Walz needs a spray tan, dyed hair, a laughable comb-over, a physique reminiscent of Mr. Creosote, and diapers to be a real man, am I right? 😜 

Just more honest might do it.

8 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

I would say that the cat ladies are the weird ones, not JD.

Not sure if I trust the couch stores, but  let's be honest - who among us never got 'creative' as a lad when we felt the urge to ... 

The left are pure as snow.

8 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Got to say both exult energy and excitement at the rallies. Wisconsin drew 10,000 and Philadelphia drew 14,000 inside and outside the venue. Meanwhile Vance was holding his Wisconsin rally on a warehouse floor while Trump rested and took a few days off. Don’t think he has the energy for the gruelling election campaigning. His rallies are becoming a tired monotony and he looks old and unfit. 

Never figured you to be glued to all those MAGA rallies....respect!

46 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Right. So he was "acting" CSM. Just like now.

Not sure what you are talking about , I thought i explained it adequately .

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mazungu said:

Walz served honorably for his country. Period. Before he retired from the National Guard in 2005 he was only aware that his battalion could be mobilized to serve in Iraq within the next two years. You Trumpsters are really fishing for a hidden bone spur. 

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/swift-boat-walz/

The timeline of Walz’s service and the deployment of his unit, the 1st Battalion, 125th Field Artillery Regiment, is relatively clear, through public records, news accounts and press releases at the time:

• April 2004: Walz returns to Minnesota with the 1/125th after a year long deployment as part of Operation Enduring Freedom in Turkey and Europe. Walz was stationed at Vicenza, Italy, where the unit pulled guard duty on friendly military bases, which may have been back-fill duty for active duty units deployed to Afghanistan. He was promoted to command sergeant major of the battalion soon after returning.
  • March 2005: Walz’s newly-formed campaign for a Congressional House seat releases a press release that indicates Walz is aware of a possible but unconfirmed deployment, though no official orders have been announced. “The National Guard Public Affairs Office announced a possible partial mobilization of roughly 2,000 troops from the Minnesota National Guard,” the press release said. “The announcement from the National Guard PAO specified that all or a portion of Walz’s battalion could be mobilized to serve in Iraq within the next two years… When asked about his possible deployment to Iraq Walz said, ‘As Command Sergeant Major I have a responsibility not only to ready my battalion for Iraq, but also to serve if called on. I am dedicated to serving my country to the best of my ability, whether that is in Washington DC or in Iraq.”
  • May 2005: Walz officially retires from the Minnesota National Guard after 24 years of service, according to documents posted online that appear to be his NGB Form 22, a Report of Separation and Record of Service. Walz previously retired after 20 years of service but returned to service after Sept. 11, he wrote in a Winona Daily News opinion piece, re-enlisting for four years. However, his NGB Form 22 indicates his “terminal reserve/military service obligation” date was September 2007.
  • July 2005: The 125th Field Artillery Regiment receives initial call-up orders and, that fall, deploys for training in Mississippi as part of the 34th Infantry Divisions’ 1st Brigade Combat Team.
  • March 2006: The 125th deploys to Iraq, 10 months after Walz had separated from the unit. The unit will not return until September 2007.

If he was honourable he wouldn't promote himself dishonestly.

7 hours ago, John Drake said:

Walz appears to be a man who has/had an alcohol problem, who exaggerates his war record (or lack thereof), who lets his cities burn in the face of rioting, gives driver's licenses to illegal aliens, and who seems to have a problem controlling his anger.

A bit like Bomber Harris with her staff!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Which proves what? They had a grudge against Walz?

Noted you do not respond to my question on your own military experience.

Now let's see - Trump evades military service due to bone spurs. Which do not seem to impede him from playing hundreds of rounds of golf.

He calls fallen soldiers suckers and losers.

pHe does not want to be seen with disabled veterans.

The Biblical phrase about straining at a gnat, and swallowing a camel, springs to mind. I'm sure you'll find it in a Trump bible.

And here's you talkig about grudges. :cheesy:

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, cjinchiangrai said:

Anyone is welcome to post, even you. 

The National Guard has debunked the stories about false rank and bailing on deployment.

Trump is still a convicted criminal.

No it hasn't.

6 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I had to work hard for my chemistry degree too.

In hindsight, I think one of the smartest things I did was change jobs between industries, when I thought i had exhausted their possibilities.

I was lower on the academic totem pole than a M.Sc or PhD. However, my experience was much broader than theirs. It served me well when I went into research, because I could think outside the square.

At my school we had boxes to think outside of.