Advice Needed: Best Visa + Extension Option for Thai Spouse and Child Dependant

4 minutes ago, KruAlastair said:

Do you use your Krungsri account to show the 400k? I've heard some IOs only want to see it in a standard non-interest account.

That's not correct. An FD account is acceptable for using funds in bank method. 

However for extensions based on marriage the 400k can be used after final stamp is given.

Don't follow the idea of FD account.

Thank you for the helpful responses, everyone, very much appreciated. Based on your responses I've devised a plan:

1. Visa Renewal: My current multiple-entry Non-O visa expires on August 28th. I’ll leave the country, get a 90-day entry stamp, and then extend it for 60 days, which should take me to the end of January.

2. Financial Preparation: I aim to have the 400,000 THB ready in my Krungsri Mee Tae Dai savings account by mid-December, or by mid-January at the latest.

3. Visa Obtaining: At the end of January, I’ll go to Laos to obtain a single-entry 90-day Non-O spousal visa.

4. Extension Application: At the end of March, I’ll apply for the visa extension with the 400,000 THB. The immigration office will give me a 30-day consideration period, which should cover the time until my current visa expires.

5. Final Step: Hopefully, at the end of April, I’ll visit the Samut Prakan Immigration Office and receive the one-year extension stamp.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, KruAlastair said:

You actually have exactly the same Krungsri savings account as I have.  The standard savings account I have is KTB.  Do you use your Krungsri account to show the 400k? I've heard some IOs only want to see it in a standard non-interest account.

Yes I use that account to show immigration, the only accounts that I know of that they don't like, are those where you can not take out your money until maturity like some long 'term' deposit accounts. The rest are fine TTBOMK 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Yes I use that account to show immigration, the only accounts that I know of that they don't like, are those where you can not take out your money until maturity like some long 'term' deposit accounts. The rest are fine TTBOMK 

Do they also want to see a regular monthly payment of 40k baht a month? 

Just now, KruAlastair said:

Sorry I can't answer that for sure as I don't use that method, but I would Presume yes they would, as others have said it can't be late even by 10min, I also don't know what their interpretation is of one month is 1st. of every month or 30 days my IO they use 30days like the money has to be in the bank for 60days before Applying.

2 hours ago, KruAlastair said:

No!

It's either 400K deposited in a Thai bank for 2 months prior to the date of application for the 1 year extension (funds method) OR, 12 x 40K monthly overseas transfers (Income method), one or the other, but not both.

4 hours ago, Liquorice said:

No!

It's either 400K deposited in a Thai bank for 2 months prior to the date of application for the 1 year extension (funds method) OR, 12 x 40K monthly overseas transfers (Income method), one or the other, but not both.

I've heard people trying the 40k monthly method but they always ask for 400k. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KruAlastair said:

I've heard people trying the 40k monthly method but they always ask for 400k. 

For the 'income' method, unless you can obtain an Embassy Income letter, then you require 12 x monthly overseas transfers to qualify.

The 400K 'funds' in the bank method is only required for 2 months and Immigration almost certainly prefer an easy life and not having to go through 12 months of bank statements/passbooks as proof you qualify.