Glucose free electrolyte powder

Hi,

Firstly, I am aware that you can make glucose free electrolyte drinks at home and buy imported ones on Shopee and Lazada etc - I am not interested in this.

I am specifically looking for a glucose free Thai made brand of electrolyte powder or ready made electrolyte drink - has anybody come across this?

Many thanks in advance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I wonder the pharmacy non exercise electrolyte is the one you are looking for, they have two types

Do you have any further info, an image or a name?

3 hours ago, LennyW said:

I believe 100 Plus Reduced Sugar has the lowest sugar content of all electrolyte drinks here.

Thanks, but still has 4g Sugar per 100ml - the electrolyte powders are lower than that.

Electrolytes No Sugar @ LAZ 

Other vendors ... link maybe

Did not peek at any of the products/ingredients.  If it has artificial sweeteners, stick with 'aspartame'.  Other ones (saccharin, sucralose), you want to avoid.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, PPMMUU said:

When do one need such drinks?

I have 2-3 normal electrolytes during exercise, every day. He wants no sugar as he is on a Keto/Carnivore diet. Usually a bit of sugar during exercise is a good thing

22 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I have 2-3 normal electrolytes during exercise, every day. He wants no sugar as he is on a Keto/Carnivore diet. Usually a bit of sugar during exercise is a good thing

Not if you want to burn fat for energy.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Not if you want to burn fat for energy.

If overweight yes, I'm not trying to lose weight. Guys i know have sugar lows and bonk because they don't carb up, try to burn fat instead.

I add sugar plus eat 6-9 dried bananas during a cycle

Edited by scubascuba3

9 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Did not peek at any of the products/ingredients.  If it has artificial sweeteners, stick with 'aspartame'.  Other ones (saccharin, sucralose), you want to avoid.

Dear oh dear, not good advice at all.  "Aspartame" or "Nutrasweet" as it's better known is a substance to which I am allergic and consuming it makes me collapse in a kind of breathless shock.  I think it's banned in some countries but I keep on getting caught out as it's in many items such as marzipan and icing and almost all soft drinks nowadays.  Members of my family are also affected but as there is so much money in this substance, problems with it are kept very quiet.  Saccharin causes me no problems at all.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, DiDiChok said:

Dear oh dear, not good advice at all.  "Aspartame" or "Nutrasweet" as it's better known is a substance to which I am allergic and consuming it makes me collapse in a kind of breathless shock.  I think it's banned in some countries but I keep on getting caught out as it's in many items such as marzipan and icing and almost all soft drinks nowadays.  Members of my family are also affected but as there is so much money in this substance, problems with it are kept very quiet.  Saccharin causes me no problems at all.

Best avoided.

I remember about 20 years ago there was a big story on 60 minutes Australia about how it is linked to cancer.

Ever since then I have always wondered what ever happened and why I still see these sweeteners everywhere.

Nothing ever happened.

https://archive.is/LfG6p

11 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Did not peek at any of the products/ingredients. 

The search shows products with glucose too, at least the one on Lazada. I use one of the results, DeChamp, which has 14% glucose.

• Thanks 1

If using this for rehydration, the glucose is absolutely essential, this is what enables the water and electrolytes to be rapidly absorbed.

If just concerned about electrolyte intake in the diet, best solution is just to get what you need in food, niot realy that hard even on a keto diet.

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, tomster said:

I am specifically looking for a glucose free Thai made brand of electrolyte powder or ready made electrolyte drink - has anybody come across this?

Multi mega minerals. Have tried and used many different products and have found that personally this works best for my needs…can be found on iHerb.

IMG_3366.thumb.jpeg.566a9bb7361fbcab2911b1032eb01de8.jpeg
Hydration and a good diet with quality non processed carbohydrates will eliminate any need for glucose fortified products.

Edited by novacova
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, KhunLA said:

cancer risk from saccharine ?

12 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

cancer risk from saccharine ?

Don't know, never researched it, as avoid most soft drinks, and artificial flavorings, the last 40+ yrs.

One guy I follow who tests his blood sugar spikes after eating & drinking foods with a CGM, tested Coke Zero, and those were his thought, stick with aspartame and avoid the others.  He's into all that, so assume he researched it.

23 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Don't know, never researched it, as avoid most soft drinks, and artificial flavorings, the last 40+ yrs.

One guy I follow who tests his blood sugar spikes after eating & drinking foods with a CGM, tested Coke Zero, and those were his thought, stick with aspartame and avoid the others.  He's into all that, so assume he researched it.

I believe it does with no direct supporting proof ..family member took it for absolute decades and gone from esophageal cancer.

It is banned in USA.

Edited by freedomnow

2 hours ago, freedomnow said:

I believe it does with no direct supporting proof ..family member took it for absolute decades and gone from esophageal cancer.

It is banned in USA.

Probably why he advises to avoid it... or not.

edit: quick Google and don't see it banned anywhere.  Sold as 'Equal Saccharin', Sweet 'N Low, Sweet Twin, and Necta Sweet .

Originally banned in 1981, then deemed ''not hazardous in 2011"

image.png.b57f63f6edaa52c691097bdebaea3123.png

image.png.6cfd47d1a1ee7a9e8f5023f516cad036.png

Edited by KhunLA

7 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Probably why he advises to avoid it... or not.

edit: quick Google and don't see it banned anywhere.  Sold as 'Equal Saccharin', Sweet 'N Low, Sweet Twin, and Necta Sweet .

Originally banned in 1981, then deemed ''not hazardous in 2011"

image.png.b57f63f6edaa52c691097bdebaea3123.png

image.png.6cfd47d1a1ee7a9e8f5023f516cad036.png

Ok, good to know.

Thanks.

22 hours ago, save the frogs said:

Also, lemons have some electrolytes and are low carb. Can squeeze some lemon into water. 

And so does mineral water. 

Lemons are  between 6 and 9 carbs ..    so in addition to what ever else you consume .. you need to stay well below  50 net carbs to remain in ketosis

20 hours ago, Sheryl said:

If using this for rehydration, the glucose is absolutely essential, this is what enables the water and electrolytes to be rapidly absorbed.

If just concerned about electrolyte intake in the diet, best solution is just to get what you need in food, niot realy that hard even on a keto diet.

Modern Science ..    "No Sugar"

Grapefruit Salt Nutritional Facts       LMNT Zero-Sugar Electrolytes      and take it before you work out..    not after