Best restaurants in Chiang Mai

Trujillo

1 hour ago, JBChiangRai said:

Sai and Dr.’s is in a housing estate, you won’t find it accidentally and even with GPS it’s not easy. It’s definitely not a tourist trap.

Yet saiyut in the Chotana/patan area  is nowhere near the nimman area as where/what I was discussing, unless they recently moved? Anyhow, it’s certainly worth a shot to check out 👍

53 minutes ago, BKKKevin said:

Taco Bell has just opened up a stone throw away from Tha Phea Gate (Next to a dispensary;-)…

I slowly back out of the room…

Thanks, but no thank you!

41 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

Penang is in Malaysia

32 minutes ago, BKKKevin said:

I think he ment to say panang (Phanaeng curry… Which is delicious there 😉

New Naw, Nee Naw, Nee Naw, the spelling police are out

15 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

For Thai food I recommend Saiyut & Dr. Sai’s Kitchen near Nimman, we often go for Sunday lunch.

Are you sure you are not confusing this place with another? Saiyut and Doctor Sai’s is not in Nimman. It’s out on the other side of Lanna golf course. 

10 minutes ago, 0james0 said:

Are you sure you are not confusing this place with another? Saiyut and Doctor Sai’s is not in Nimman. It’s out on the other side of Lanna golf course. 

I am not very familiar with Chiang Mai, our house is in Bo Sang but my main home is in Chiang Rai.  I know we drive past Nimman to get to the restaurant and when we come back we seem to be close to Nimman.

• Confused 1

On 8/12/2024 at 1:05 PM, TooPoopedToPop said:

If Duke's pizza isn't the best in CM, where can you get a better NY style pizza?

Asking for a friend of mine from Brooklyn.

I'm also from Brooklyn- tell your friend that while there's decent pizza around (some of the places mentioned make a nice pie, though consistency varies- very good once, not the greatest the next time), he's never going to find what he grew up on.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BKKKevin said:

Dukes pizza seems to vary a bit in taste  from location... The best and most consistent over the 15 years I've been here is the Ping River location... 

Used to have pizza there with pals every week (ish).

Then one day, hardly any toppings on the 4 topping pizza, and we never went there again.

Now stuck in a rut with Rajdarbar Indian restaurant, and Au der Auf German buffet breakfast.

Edited by BritManToo

3 hours ago, marin said:

So you live in Chiang Mai. Where have you been eating? How has it been? What are some of your favorite Thai dishes? Where in your opinion is the best Khao Soi?

Dont you get tired of Thai food breakfast, lunch and dinner?

No.

I never get tired of simply Thai food.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

31 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

all you high rollers with your fancy pants food places.

Actually our favorite place to grab some quick food is Kad Thannin when in the area, high rollin at ~฿35 per item for some pretty good stuff, as good as any of the other joints around. ฿100 for the two of us is more than enough and really no different of quality compared to a comfy joint spending ฿500-1500

42 minutes ago, BKKKevin said:

But for a really good taco check out La Casita inside the moat... Especially thier hardshell pork red chile tacos!

She needs to find a better source for corn, the tortillas she makes with corn she uses just isn’t quite right, possibly some genetically modified. Though she does know how to cook Mexican.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, novacova said:

She needs to find a better source for corn, the tortillas she makes with corn she uses just isn’t quite right, possibly some genetically modified. Though she does know how to cook Mexican.

Agree her soft shell are not to my taste... But the hard shell and corn tortillas are great... Its a bit of a fusiony place... I really like the assortment or pickled extras that the food is served with ;-)...

That German buffet in Nong Hoi is good value but hygiene-wise out in that open air next to a  smokey humid road it's not the best...so best for buffet value, not best overall.

I need to try some of these obscure places when I get back to CM....insane how many restaurants in CM.

1 hour ago, Mahseer said:

No Sipolle fans out there?  May not be the best but never been disappointed. 

....which is why no one has mentioned it in the "Best Restaurants in Chiang Mai" thread.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, BonnieandClyde said:

That's true, but it is also very near the Gymkhana golf course... one of Chiang Mai's few remaining "green lungs".

Close to where we live.

Not close enough I'd say.

All that matters is the immediate pollution metres in front of the place seeping on to the food..

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, TheAppletons said:

....which is why no one has mentioned it in the "Best Restaurants in Chiang Mai" thread.

Huen Phen / Dukes / Chippy / Gecko / Billy's.  Enough said?

• Agree 1