Lao immigration form download + Padang Besar visa run

Hi everyone,

I already mentioned these two points in my previous post about Nong Khai border visa run but as I didn't get any answer I think people missed them so I'm opening a new post.

1. Nong Khai border to Lao: is there a link somewhere on Internet to download the Lao immigration form(s) to fill it (them) quietly while I'm still in Thailand? I found some forms but they were from New Zealand or Australia embassy - it was mentioned on the forms - so, I didn't downloaded them.

2. Even if this is a long travel, I would use Padang Besar instead of Nong Khai if I could: no visa fee + no one page lost with visa. However, it's clear that until recently, you needed to stay one night in Malaysia. Could this have changed since July 15th with the new 60-day visa exemption? Logically there is no link between the two but logic in Thailand is not always obvious...

3. Did someone slept one night in Padang Besar (Malaysia) not far from the railway station?

Thank you!

Edited by anotherfarangishere
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, ericthai said:

Hope this helps!!  

(I tried to upload as PDF file, but it wont allow a PDF to uploaded so I changed it to a jpeg)

Laos-Visa-Form.jpg

Race? Address in laos? I don't understand lol, what you write on address in laos if you don't want to go there? It's just a border bounce, you don't want to go to stay in laos

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, anotherfarangishere said:

Thank you very much!

There is only one form to fill at Nong Khai border?

That's the visa application form. They'll also give you an arrivals/departure card.

7 hours ago, Jack1988 said:

Race? Address in laos? I don't understand lol, what you write on address in laos if you don't want to go there? It's just a border bounce, you don't want to go to stay in laos

Have you never traveled?  You're filling out a visa, which for most people means you are coming for a visit, so address would be "hotel".

If you dont like the form go speak to Laos immigration about it!

4 hours ago, ericthai said:

Have you never traveled?  You're filling out a visa, which for most people means you are coming for a visit, so address would be "hotel".

If you dont like the form go speak to Laos immigration about it!

I think you totally misunderstood what I wanted to say. When I do a border bounce I don't want to stay in Laos not even for one day so it's pointless to write an address over there as I would go back to Thailand after they stamp me out of Laos within a few minutes!

• Confused 2