British tourist missing after trip to Bangkok found safe in Finland

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

It's not a crime to want that ... but it is a crime to file missing persons reports, initiate a missing at the embassies, have police travel all over the city looking,  had hundreds of people involved ... etc ... etc when actual it's all false and the person is not missing ...  

It is a crime to instigate that for no reason    !!

IMHO the police should not have gotten involved in this. I am not sure if they were involved or maybe they just recorded a "missing person" and didn't do anything.

If anybody though he/she should search for the guy that was their personal decision.

If a young child goes missing for a day or more, that is a reason for concern. If an adult doesn't call anybody or doesn't update his facebook page, that is no concern at all. 

When I remember my Thailand holidays 30 years ago, I certainly would not have desired to get phone calls from my mother every day: Son, what are you doing? Where are you? 

My answer would have been I am on holiday! 

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

He doesn't have to text or call anybody!

And he doesn't have to explain to anybody why he didn't do that.

He was on holiday and obviously he didn't want to have contact with people back home. Is that really so difficult to understand?

then tell the sister to stop wasting valuable resources searching for someone not missing. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Luuk Chaai said:

So I bumped into this woman at the airport..  and decided to extend my vacation ......  ( BECAUSE I CAN )

Finland. Young cute blonde happy woman ...

He is being trafficked.😉

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Robinson was on flight AY142 – Finnair’s Bangkok-Helsinki route.

I pity him; I only did this flight once; the price of drinks was astronomical and there was insufficient luggage in the overhead lockers.

9 minutes ago, mikebell said:

I pity him; I only did this flight once; the price of drinks was astronomical and there was insufficient luggage in the overhead lockers.

Yes and tiny bit of food, I was starved, never use Finnair again

• Like 1

Although he was found safe and well, it’s a long pointless news story that still gets everyone wondering why the sudden change of destination, or did I miss that part

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

There was a rule on this forum against posting missing person searches and this case illustrates why it existed.

This was not a police search, it was instigated by an hysterical sister or ex-girlfriend. Authorities obviously knew early that he had departed but couldn't (officially) comment without consent.

The guy left early for Finland perhaps because he found Thailand too hot for his delicate British constitution or perhaps because he met a hot Finnish girl about to head home.

Strange travel patterns do attract scrutiny at airports for good reason. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

My thoughts exactly. The suspense was killing me.

No responsible person would do a thing like that..Who gives a damn if he get lost permanently or never to be found...He is a adult...not a kid..

15 minutes ago, ignore it said:

Your help urgently needed!

Last seen located near the airport in Miami, My sister reports that she has lost track of her car keys.

She hasn't seen them for an hour and is desperate!  The whole family is concerned.

your sister needs to go to the police and also make a fake missing keys report.   

also contact the embassy ... 

• Haha 1

This inconsiderate young man caused a lot of anxiety to his family and the authorities trying to trace his whereabouts because he decided not to inform his worried family of his change of travel plans

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, jippytum said:

This inconsiderate young man caused a lot of anxiety to his family and the authorities trying to trace his whereabouts because he decided not to inform his worried family of his change of travel plans

Maybe he thought “ I am a grown man, my sister and gf won’t overreact and call the police/interpol/Liam Neeson “ ??

He is foolish for not keeping in touch but the blame for this farce is purely the sister/gf.

• Agree 2

Leaves some interesting questions regarding passenger name list of Finnair as well as the super-modern system of the Royal Thai Immigration ....... unanswered - seriously. 

How is this possible, honestly? Maybe the whole story is a hoax or some juicier details remain unmentioned? 

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

IMHO the police should not have gotten involved in this. I am not sure if they were involved or maybe they just recorded a "missing person" and didn't do anything.

If anybody though he/she should search for the guy that was their personal decision.

If a young child goes missing for a day or more, that is a reason for concern. If an adult doesn't call anybody or doesn't update his facebook page, that is no concern at all. 

When I remember my Thailand holidays 30 years ago, I certainly would not have desired to get phone calls from my mother every day: Son, what are you doing? Where are you? 

My answer would have been I am on holiday! 

That's it boomer " 30 years ago". Times have changed. It is strange for a person who updates Facebook or whatever everyday ( as unfortunately a billion people do) to all of a sudden stop! I bet it wasn't super cheap for your mommy to call you 30 years ago as well. I didn't have a cell phone in 1994 and my mommy didn't either.  Yours did but she didn't call you for other obvious reason and you had a phone for some reason too. Why?? 

• Confused 1