British tourist missing after trip to Bangkok found safe in Finland

Modern day inventions have a lot to answer for

In my younger days if you ever wanted to call home = you would have to go  via different telephone exchanges, 1st explain to the phone opperator which Country > then get that CXountries Exchang >

Town > then number ++ cost a lot in thoses days....  My longest Holiday when 18 was 3 months to Canada remember phoned home once in 3 months

Is it better these days ? search goes out if you have not phoned in 3 days

4 hours ago, shy coconut said:

How much luggage would be sufficient in the overhead lockers?

Mysterious case of the Missing Word - thank you for finding it; 'insufficient luggage spaces'.  Aged 80, I suffered terrible cramps from wedging my carry-on in the floor well during the 10 hour flight.  My distress/subsequent complaints fell on deaf ears; I was offered bonus points for flights I would never, ever take.

On 8/10/2024 at 10:31 AM, newbee2022 said:

Oh, wonderful, Mommy found her toddler and girlfriend knows she's not so important. Toddler just tried to explore his freedom. Go on, boy, grow up.

Ok Boomer😅

• Sad 1

On 8/10/2024 at 6:35 AM, CanadaSam said:

With perhaps million of baht spent searching for this foolish child, along with countless hours of time and effort spent looking by various officials in various countries, one would think there would be a law which he could be charged with, to teach this kid a lesson?

He is not a "foolish child", nor is he "a kid", he is a 27-year old adult. 

You really think there should be a law (in which country?) that makes it illegal to be out of touch with family for a couple of weeks?  Now that is what would be foolish.

Perhaps his sister, who started all this kerfuffle, is the one who should be charged with wasting "million of baht spent searching for this foolish child, along with countless hours of time and effort spent looking by various officials in various countries"!

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Sad 1

On 8/10/2024 at 11:17 AM, alex8912 said:

That's it boomer " 30 years ago". Times have changed. It is strange for a person who updates Facebook or whatever everyday ( as unfortunately a billion people do) to all of a sudden stop! I bet it wasn't super cheap for your mommy to call you 30 years ago as well. I didn't have a cell phone in 1994 and my mommy didn't either.  Yours did but she didn't call you for other obvious reason and you had a phone for some reason too. Why?? 

Well, here I am 53, I haven't let any of my family know where I am, last month I was in Thailand, this month The Philippines,  I didnt let them know where i was , month before that in Laos, same same but you can sue bet immigration authorities know which country I am in. At some random time when I think of it ill message my mother and ask her show she is', i never tell her where I am because who gives a sh&t?

He didn't do anything wrong at all, the authorises knew he had left, but presumably that''s private information that 'shoudn't be released to just any busybody who asks, i can imagine couples who have split using this to nefariously track exe's etc. I don;t think anyone did anything wrong, his hysterical sister filed a missing persons report... and ? she surely has every right to. He has every right to not contact anyone if he doesn't want to.  That's the way it supposed to work.  Maybe he wanted a digital detox who in hell knows and it's none of our business.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Middle Aged Grouch said:

Due to such idiots, they will start asking for a mandatory overpriced special search-rescue insurance to be taken by all falangs in Thailand.

What or who is a falang? I can't find this word in any English dictionary.