What does your go bag look like?

Do you have a full size hold luggage one, a smaller carry on one or just a back pack?

I have chosen the carry on suitcase with a back pack.  3 pairs of clothes.  I will leave all non essential things.  Just my degree and transcripts, a few small things.  But the big ones will have to stay.  All the nice shirts, the piano, the dumbbells.

How about you?  What is the capacity of your go bag?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Depends on size of bag but in general, minimum:

1. Passport

2. Brick of cash + gold

3. Tactical knife or knife/axe combo (in the US, add a Glock 9)

4. Pack of Amoxicillin (broad spectrum antibiotic)

5. Small first aid kit incl. tourniquet

6. Extra sets underwear & socks

7. Charcoal+immodium tablets for water purification/gastrointestinal

8. Power bank

9. Mosquito repellent lotion satchels

10. Nyson high tensile strength rope at least 10m in length strong enough to abseil with but thin enough to fit into bag.

11. Tactical gloves

This should all fit into a standard rucksack.

If bag is larger, add extra shoes if you have very big feet and are unlikely to be able to wear the shoes of other casualties from the zombie apocalypse you pass by. Tent. Tactical axe.

Edited by Sandboxer
  • Love It 1

2 hours ago, save the frogs said:

if you need to leave urgently in case WW3 breaks out?

Human made Zombie or Blood-Sucker type virus, Aliens of course, Earth's core slows and stops, Earth itself stops, Damn Dirty Apes, Killer Bees, Meteorites, Liquid Hot Magma and heat death of the Universe, also that movie where all the animals on Earth are affected by some form of radiation and become feral, super aggressive, and Leslie Nielsen fights a bear mono e mono.

Edited by fondue zoo
  • Thanks 1

1) Main daypack / laptopbag: always with me: all essentials
2) Normal bagpack, could fit the main daypack inside + clothes, first aid, more stuff like that.
3) Large backpack that cna fit normal bagpack and daypack with survival gear, in case i remain stuck here, as well as solar / powerbanks, sat phone etc.

In normal conditions just my main daypack and a carry on suitcase with clothes, doesn't take much time to pack anyway and if it is worse you likely can't even go back to get your bags anyways too. That is why I always carry my main one with me.

At the end, with enough money, you can buy any items needed on the way again. Buy a biz class flight emirates and you now have a full equiped toilet bag, then buy some clothes in free duty and take a shower + change in the business lounges.

Edited by BakedPanda

I have a Delsey hard shell suitcase plus a nameless rucksack made specifically for air travel that is indestructible. I particularly like the latter because its dimensions seem to satisfy any airline.

Edited by Cameroni

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Not sure is they are good to go, but I like them. 😉

CL.png.06c174306959af06112cf310ea629a45.png

FFS, everybody is a two-bit cross dresser these days. Just because JD Vance does it, now suddenly everyone else has got FOMO. 

7 hours ago, Sandboxer said:

2. Brick of cash + gold

yea, you're gonna walk around with gold bricks when the zombie apocalypse breaks out.

the zombies will fry your brains with onions and then take the gold bar from you.

not necessarily in that order. 

crypto might be better. use a good password on your wallet. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, SoCal1990 said:

FFS, everybody is a two-bit cross dresser these days. Just because JD Vance does it, now suddenly everyone else has got FOMO. 

They would obviously be for my gf. If you go, then go in style! 

7 hours ago, BakedPanda said:

At the end, with enough money, you can buy any items needed on the way again. Buy a biz class flight emirates and you now have a full equiped toilet bag, then buy some clothes in free duty and take a shower + change in the business lounges.

Buying a business class Emirates flight seems a remarkably expensive way of acquiring a toilet bag, if Emirates is still flying then 7/11 will probably still be open.

Anyway, to answer the OP, I always carry a Swiss Army Knife!

22 hours ago, save the frogs said:

yea, you're gonna walk around with gold bricks

Put on your trifocals and read what I wrote, gramps!^^😁

BricK (singular) of cash.

It weighs nothing, and neither do a few ounces of gold. Ideally small bullion bars so the weight/value is clear. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Carry my go bag with me all the time, has phone, wallet & passport in it.  All I need 

... go to the store, Makro, 7-11

... go to coffee shop

... go to the park

... go to the surf

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Carry my go bag with me all the time, has phone, wallet & passport in it.  All I need 

... go to the store, Makro, 7-11

... go to coffee shop

... go to the park

... go to the surf

Could your 'go bag' also be called your 'completely f***ed bag' ???... 

.. If you lose it going to Makro, 7-11, coffee-shop, the park, or someone steels it while you are in the famous Kanchanaburi Surf.... 

Edited by richard_smith237