Anyone been bitten by a Thai scorpion? Is it the same as bee sting?

53 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

No it isn't.     Handling Scorpion Stings

1. Apply cool compresses or an ice pack to the bite.

Here's another link that says otherwise. After being stung, apply a heat or cold pack to the area to relieve some of the pain. Scorpion Stings: Painful, But Not Usually Lethal | Infolific

The reason for applying heat is two fold, first it encourages the venom to be diluted and spread across the body and secondly it is denatured to some extent by heat.  Not as much as a centipede sting which is highly thermolabile at as low as 50-60C and should always immediately be treated with hottest water you can stand.

If you just want to treat the pain then sure a cold compress, however what I would do is treat the area with as hot water as I can stand for a few minutes followed by a cold compress.

• 2 weeks later...

Tobacco applied to a sting will help with the pain from bees, wasps and hornets, I wonder if ot would do the same for scorpion. 

I see large spiders I'm just gonna light the house on fire with some petrol🤣

The worst scorpions live in Arizona in the US and are small. The black ones here are like a wasp sting. How a sting or bite affects a person is individual. Some are highly allergic or even ant stings and need medical treatment fast, and some aren't affected at all. I was stung waking up to go to the bathroom inside my ex mother in laws house. My lips got numb and since I was stung before by bees and wasps, I expected pain and swelling but never the numbness. It went away in about 30 minutes and the pain was gone the next day. A scorpion sting here is much like a wasp sting and should be treated as such...............https://www.healthlinkbc.ca/health-topics/insect-bites-and-stings-and-spider-bites.

Edited by fredwiggy

On 8/13/2024 at 7:19 AM, JBChiangRai said:

Here's another link that says otherwise. After being stung, apply a heat or cold pack to the area to relieve some of the pain. Scorpion Stings: Painful, But Not Usually Lethal | Infolific

The reason for applying heat is two fold, first it encourages the venom to be diluted and spread across the body and secondly it is denatured to some extent by heat.  Not as much as a centipede sting which is highly thermolabile at as low as 50-60C and should always immediately be treated with hottest water you can stand.

If you just want to treat the pain then sure a cold compress, however what I would do is treat the area with as hot water as I can stand for a few minutes followed by a cold compress.

Anyone tried urine?