Substandard Chinese Goods Flood Thai Markets, Cause Alarm

I had not heard of Temu before and after taking a look at the app I will definatly try them . 

Two advantages with them are free delivery and the search engine is far superior to Lazada .

Far as Quality is concerned you get what you pay for . If it looks too cheap forget it has been my policy with Lazada.

I cant see Thailand imposing trade restrictions on China even if it is affecting production in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thailand has often the same quality of products, but is more expensive... Customers buy things and if it is elsewhere cheaper they buy it there... Simple as it is, but Thailand can not accept it. Solution makes things cheaper.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, retarius said:

Not a single article about these substandard Chinese goods has ever given an example of what the goods are.  kinda think that the factories closing down are making more expensive versions of cheap Chinese goods.

Thailand, wanna succeed? Invest in quality. 

Thailand has two distinct consumer markets, those with funds who can afford quality, and happily pay the price.

those on the lower budget scale cannot so they buy cheap products.

• Like 1

I just LOVE it, hilarious. Thailand is facing a significant competition of cheap, substandard goods from China, sparking widespread concern among local businesses and consumers. 

In the past, Thailand had no competition in fakes and cheap more-than-substandard stuff; now the same people cry foul as the Chinese seem to be quite a bit faster, quicker, smarter and better than their Thai brothers. 

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

I just LOVE it, hilarious. Thailand is facing a significant competition of cheap, substandard goods from China, sparking widespread concern among local businesses and consumers. 

In the past, Thailand had no competition in fakes and cheap more-than-substandard stuff; now the same people cry foul as the Chinese seem to be quite a bit faster, quicker, smarter and better than their Thai brothers. 

Many similar products are imported by middlemen here for resale, so may be more expensive than the direct sales through Temu. On the other hand, if there is a serious problem, like your house burned down, then the importer could be theoretically responsible.

13 hours ago, itsari said:

I had not heard of Temu before and after taking a look at the app I will definatly try them . 

Two advantages with them are free delivery and the search engine is far superior to Lazada .

Far as Quality is concerned you get what you pay for . If it looks too cheap forget it has been my policy with Lazada.

I cant see Thailand imposing trade restrictions on China even if it is affecting production in Thailand.

Beware, they also harvest personal data. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, webfact said:

...cheap, substandard goods from China...

The talk about "cheap, substandard goods from China" suggests that there are legal and regulatory stanards in Thailand for commercial goods.

These standards should be enforced by government agencies

—  regardless of the price of the goods

—  regardless of the country of origin 

—  regardless whether the products are manufactured in Thailand or imported 

With frequent spot checks and rigorous enforcement, people should be free to decide from what supplier in what country they buy their products and at what price.

Thailand needs to add a huge steel tariff to imported Chinese steel products else all Thai steel production companies will go bankrupt. China is dumping steel into many countries. One of China's biggest steel company declared bankruptcy, debts of many billions of dollars. Most chinese steel have more finished steel inventory than their distributors. As these chinese steel companies continue going bankrupt, most certainly, their inventories will be sold at heavily discounted prices which no producer can compete with. See here for more details:

Edited by Banana7
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Puccini said:

The talk about "cheap, substandard goods from China" suggests that there are legal and regulatory stanards in Thailand for commercial goods.

These standards should be enforced by government agencies

—  regardless of the price of the goods

—  regardless of the country of origin 

—  regardless whether the products are manufactured in Thailand or imported 

With frequent spot checks and rigorous enforcement, people should be free to decide from what supplier in what country they buy their products and at what price.

China 🇨🇳 has a $1 trillion annual trade surplus. They want to offload their industrial overcapacity to they world, but they don't want/allow sufficient imports in return. It is a very one-sided trade policy.

At this rate, they will drain the world for foreign reserves, then what?

GUstCMlXkAA5-y9.png

On 8/13/2024 at 5:31 AM, webfact said:

Thailand is facing a significant influx of cheap, substandard goods from China, sparking widespread concern among local businesses and consumers.

China has to dump their garbage somewhere, preferable nearby, Thailand seems to be a good option as they have "brotherly" relationship, not many other options as Europe and USA are closing the doors

On 8/13/2024 at 1:13 PM, retarius said:

Not a single article about these substandard Chinese goods has ever given an example of what the goods are.  kinda think that the factories closing down are making more expensive versions of cheap Chinese goods.

Thailand, wanna succeed? Invest in quality. 

My guess is automotive parts. Here in Malaysia, in the past, whenever I need to replace any car part, my mechanic usually propose parts from either Malaysia or Thailand. Nowadays? Almost always, parts from China, because they are cheaper and surprisingly better quality than the Thai and Malaysian versions.