Chaikasem to be Nominated as New Thai PM at Special House Meeting

22 minutes ago, Deez said:

So, another PM no one voted for.

Some will vote, unlike Rishi Sunak, appointed by default.

It is the way of the world in so called democratic governments.

56 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Coup coming due to political uncertainty

Coming? 

It think it just happened. It was a quiet coup. 

• Agree 2

Why does Thai politics have to be so dirty and underhanded? Corruption from the very top, to the lowest of the low. A third world country, of deceit, cowardice and avarice.  

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

The circus continues so yesterday a meeting took place at the criminals mansion how can this guy have a big influence over the party he once led when the move Forward former leader and some of his colleagues are banned from any form of politics for 10 years  Mr Tony is a convicted criminal yes he had part of his sentence reduced but that doesn’t alter the fact that he is a convict yet is free to do what he wants 

36 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Being married to a Thai, having a family, living here and working here I think it is very much my business. 

not really, as you have no control over it, your just a yearly allowed guest in Thailand

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, steve187 said:

not really, as you have no control over it, your just a yearly allowed guest in Thailand

As the last election clearly showed the Thai voting population also has no control over it. If they did MFP would be the government and Pita the PM.

• Agree 1

I don’t think it’s a cut deal other parties will want one of their MPs as PM I can see splits happing in the coalition Tony’s time as top man is coming to an end unless he gives other parties what they want to allow his man to become PM the other question will be does the new PM have any skeletons in their cupboard maybe all this is a PLUS for the newly formed Peoples Party if there was an Election tomorrow they would win by a landslide ! At least the disposed PM can now use all his freebie air miles he earned over the last few months 

24 minutes ago, sandyf said:

And you are proud of that?  No different to paying people to vote.

I let my wife make her own decisions, it is called respect.

Some nations think they have a god given right to tell others how to run their country.

Then I assume you and your wife do not talk.

• Sad 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, paulikens said:

Another dinosaur stuck in his ways brought in.   So, the Visa rules could be changing yet again🤔

2 minutes ago, paulikens said:

Another dinosaur stuck in his ways brought in.   So, the Visa rules could be changing yet again🤔

Have you not realized yet this is the way of Thailand, Flip Flop Decisions

8 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

As the last election clearly showed the Thai voting population also has no control over it. If they did MFP would be the government and Pita the PM.

you have changed my post which you have then quoted, look at forum rule 28

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, blazes said:

Coming from a country, Canada, that has a much-despised Prime Minister who can stay just where he is till October next year, I rather like the Thai way of ....er...democracy where some big-wig taps on the PM's shoulder and says "Sorry mate, your time is up. Now pi$$ off."

True

Edited by Kaopad999

2 hours ago, blazes said:

Coming from a country, Canada, that has a much-despised Prime Minister who can stay just where he is till October next year, I rather like the Thai way of ....er...democracy where some big-wig taps on the PM's shoulder and says "Sorry mate, your time is up. Now pi$$ off."

Well said! The last thing we need in Thailand is a Western style 'DeMoRraCy' :sick:
I think Thailand is doing a great job of protecting it's country from such tyrants. Just look at how bad things are in the UK and America rtight now..

• Sad 4
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

Have you not realized yet this is the way of Thailand, Flip Flop Decisions

Oh believe me i know but before this happened at least the new changes might have been in for a few months but now they'll change them back before the new visas even got going. 

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

The man on parole is pulling the strings.

Why doesn't the CC silence Thaksin?

How you know 'they' don't give him come back for reason at 'they' can fire everyone and people's like you blame him when you don't have understand that Thaksin never have been more than tool what 'they' using same way than 'they' using everyone else?

Edited by jogamonkseven
  • Confused 1

Just now, scorecard said:

Iwonder how all of that fits into the return from exile with a done deal to massively reduce his sentences, then instantly sick and needs to be in a luxury ICU suite at a police hospital for many months.then suddenly all OK and released and wants permission to fly to Dubai for business meetings.

Strange how Thais at large tolerate such immoral activity.

That just shows the extent of his influence, the ultra conservatives had him in prison and yet he still managed to slip through their fingers, he is virtually untouchable, he is a danger to the military machine and they know it, he is an uncontrollable maverick, a survivor with his fingers in every pie. The ordinary Thai has no influence, the last elections showed how much the elite from every spectrum disdain public opinion which is why I doubt that the MFP or peoples party will ever change anything, look at the UK, over 150 years of working class struggle and the elite still hold power, land, the media, capital and the means of production are still in their hands, changing political parties changes nothing. How right Mark Twain was when he said, "If elections  could change anything they wouldn't be allowed"

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

The man on parole is pulling the strings.

Why doesn't the CC silence Thaksin?

Thaksin and to a point PTP have been neutuered.  

The government has put Thaksin under a do-not-touch rule; therefore, no one can lodge a complaint at this stage. Thaksin can say what he wants to a point. He can travel to a point.

He is the Ace inb teh Hole that the military Elite have to keep PTP in line.

Consider that we have not heard anything about the LM charge with Thaksin.  Simply because it is their way to say this is the line, go over it, and we will put you back in Jail.

As to PTP they are not allowed to be operated or to have a convicted person involved with the government.

BOTH are simple decisions for the PRO Military Elite courts, BUT as soon as they do that, they end up in an election that they have no chance of gaining any control over.

It will be interesting to see if the PTP gets their choice for the new PM. The media is wrong in that the PTP coalition has the votes but only as a coalition. Therefore, expect fewer members of the PTP in influential positions and more of the military.

3 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

If the PM and his entire Cabinet have been dismissed, doesn’t this mean also the Deputy PM? 

How can he act as caretaker PM?

He like all members of the present cabinet are only there to look after the position and look after the ongoing day to day crap  

They really have no power.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

You're a husband and father not a dictator. This is a toxic thought process and showing your wife NO respect

Rubbish. It's called communication. The daughter was telling mum well before me to not vote PTP but to vote for Pita.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, steve187 said:

you have changed my post which you have then quoted, look at forum rule 28

Evidence of this change please.

This is your post:

"not really, as you have no control over it, your just a yearly allowed guest in Thailand"

This is how I quoted you:

"not really, as you have no control over it, your just a yearly allowed guest in Thailand"

The only thing I have done is to highlight a section of it which is allowed. 

If you think I have changed your post in any way please show the evidence of this.