12 month bank statement

On 8/16/2024 at 12:29 PM, fittobethaied said:

Has anyone using online banking with Bangkok Bank every ordered the 12 month statement off of their App? They will send it to you by email, but I haven't tried it yet. I'm wondering if Immigration will accept that in lieu of a statement from the bank with a bank signature on it. Also, how long does it take to get the statement by email. 

I've requested and received the annual statements via email from both BKKB and Krungsri.... In both cases, they arrived the same day as requested, usually within hours.

However, I have no experience and thus can't say whether any given Immigration office would accept that version of an annual statement in the same way they would a formally stamped one a person pays for and receives directly from a branch.

On 8/19/2024 at 9:48 AM, DrJack54 said:
On 8/19/2024 at 9:02 AM, Digitalbanana said:

I also would question why "an activity/transaction is required every month" in an account that is never used except for annual extensions.

It was required as the io wanted it.

She was young and I asked to see the head IO. 

She sits at rear of L32 desk.

She insisted on requirement of monthly activity.

I pointed out why was this not required in my previous 10 extensions.

She let it pass however made me write ridiculous statement that I will in future provide 12 month bank statement. 

A few months back I went to have stamps transfered to my new pp.

I was surprised that she wanted photocopies of my bank book pages and a deposit (activity).

The head IO again dealt with me as I pointed out that this was never a requirement in past years.

I also took opportunity to ask again about 12 month bank statement.

She reiterated that "yes need" 

I did my annual extension at CW this week based on retirement 800k method and just a bank book photocopy with letter needed. . No statement, a statement was not even discussed by the IO. There had been little other banking activity in the account over the year besides interest/WHT and a small withdrawal on the day of extension.

For Bangkok Bank: you can get a 6 month statement on the spot/branch.

Short wait.

It looks completely different in layout from the one year statement (that I had to order and wait).

And it's much better readable/clear than the 12 month statement.

In October I will check with immigration whether it is OK for them to have 2 or 3 of these 6 month statements covering the 12 transfers.

I will also try the 12 month via email and show them.

I am relaxed about it because for this year I have an income statement from the consulate.

But want to get rid of this need.

On 8/16/2024 at 10:08 AM, CallumWK said:

This time he had to get the 12 month statement, not just show the bank book. He is on an extension a few years already, so knows the rules from previous years.

The primary rule about immigration (and pretty much any other 'rule' in Thailand), is that they can be applied arbitrarily. The justification is implicit in the official regulations that the IO can 'request any other document' and that is what they frequently do.

On 8/16/2024 at 10:19 AM, CallumWK said:

I have never been requested a 12 month statement in Jomtien, and I'm on my 15th extension. Just the usual 3 month and copy of all pages of the bank book for the last year

See my comment above.

Everyone's experience is unique, and nobody's experience should be considered empirical.

9 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

I did my annual extension at CW this week based on retirement 800k method and just a bank book photocopy with letter needed. . No statement, a statement was not even discussed by the IO.

And what happened with my io at CW was that a 12 month bank statement WAS required.

Reason given was a month with  zero activity.

Your point? Luck of the draw when it comes to immigration.

The only thing consistent is inconsistency 

I think both versions related above are correct regarding whether/when BKK CW requires bank-issued annual statements showing proof of the 800K deposit for retirement extensions.

In many years of obtaining extensions there, the ONLY time I was ever requested to provide a bank issued annual statement was several years ago when my bankbook due to a snafu had a time gap for listed entries at one point during the year. Similar to the episode Jack related above.

In all the other years where my Krungsri account and its bank book showed multiple transactions every month due to interest being credited monthly and then tax with withheld, in those cases, I was never asked for a separate bank-issued annual bank statement.

In all those years, just bringing the bankbook with monthly transactions posted and providing signed photocopies for the bank book pages of the past year was sufficient and accepted.

4 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I am relaxed about it because for this year I have an income statement from the consulate.

If you are from a country whose consulates provide those statements, Immigration may demand you get it, even if you have the 12-mo of statements.  They could also turn around and demand the bank-docs in addition to the letter, of course.  In general, some IOs / offices don't like the "income method."

4 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

21 minutes ago, Rob Browder said:

If you are from a country whose consulates provide those statements, Immigration may demand you get it, even if you have the 12-mo of statements. 

Agree with RB.

My IO will only accept proof of 12 x monthly overseas transfers from UK, US and Aus nationals, otherwise they insist on an Embassy Income letter.

The case could well be, the only way to get rid of that need is to use the funds 400/800K in a Thai bank method.

19 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The only thing consistent is inconsistency 

I have found CW to be very consistent. I have done Non O extensions based on retirement using the online appointments and for the past few years that I can remember I am being interviewed by the exact same IO members of staff and they accept the exact same documents I produce each year.

8 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

I have found CW to be very consistent

I did 10 extensions retirement at CW and only bankbook and photocopies required and some months zero activity.

Last 2 extensions required 12 month bank statements. 

Years ago had transfer of stamps at CW. No problem and the form lists required docs.

This year had another new pp transfer of stamps NEW added requirement was to provide bank book and photocopies of all pages since current extension date.

Also updated bank book. 

TM47 receipt previously not required. Now is.

I don't call that consistent 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I did 10 extensions retirement at CW and only bankbook and photocopies required and some months zero activity.

Last 2 extensions required 12 month bank statements. 

Years ago had transfer of stamps at CW. No problem and the form lists required docs.

This year had another new pp transfer of stamps NEW added requirement was to provide bank book and photocopies of all pages since current extension date.

Also updated bank book. 

TM47 receipt previously not required. Now is.

I don't call that consistent 

And this is exactly why I use an agent wherever possible. 

For Extension (8K) + Multi Re-Entry permit (4K)

- Take Passport + 2 Photos to agent pickup a note for the Bank. 
   - Take note, passport & bankbook (small deposit made on the day) to bank & get a time to go to immigration to have my photo taken (Agent has staff at the branch who collect all the documents)
  - Go to immigration, quick photo at Retirement Extension Desk (Jomtien)

- 2 days later pick-up passport from agent.

Passport Renewal (12K for UK “Jumbo” Passport + 1K to transfer stamps)

- Go to agent with Passport, 2 Photos & something for them to copy your address from. 
  - 3 weeks later go to agent to pick up passport with Stamps transferred over. 

Some might call me lazy but I’m all about making my life as easy as possible so happy to spend a little bit of money to do this. 

Edited by Mike Teavee