Does 90 days counter resets after getting a new visa

Hello Folks,

My 90-day report was due on 5-Aug-2024.

I switched employers and received a new visa on 19-July-2024.

Does the 90-day count reset from 19-July-2024?  If not, it seems I've missed my 90-day report.

What are my options? 

Thanks for your help!

Edited by akda

Not the end of the world. You will get a fine for being late if that is the case. As I am used to, they do reset 90 day every time I get a new yearly extension, so I think that would be the the result for you as well. Usually they give you a new paper in your passport that tells what day you are due. If you did not get that, they might not have reset.

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Confused 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Not the end of the world. You will get a fine for being late if that is the case. As I am used to, they do reset 90 day every time I get a new yearly extension, so I think that would be the the result for you as well. Usually they give you a new paper in your passport that tells what day you are due. If you did not get that, they might not have reset.

Seems my employer missed to do 90 days report when getting visa.

I still have the old paper which indicates 05-Aug-2024 as notify date.

Does online portal shows what would be my 90 days report date?

Edited by akda

8 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

As I am used to, they do reset 90 day every time I get a new yearly extension, so I think that would be the the result for you as well. Usually they give you a new paper in your passport that tells what day you are due. If you did not get that, they might not have reset.

Which immigration office.

Extension should not be linked to 90 day report reset. 

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Which immigration office.

One stop service center Chamchuri Square.

Its not extension, I switched employer, got new visa which expires in 4 years.

Edited by akda

15 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

they do reset 90 day every time I get a new yearly extension

That is not correct for normal people but maybe there are special arrangements for you that the rest of us do not have.  90-day reports relate to the number of days of stay in Thailand and getting and a new visa/extension without leaving the country does not affect that length of time.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That is not correct for normal people but maybe there are special arrangements for you that the rest of us do not have.  90-day reports relate to the number of days of stay in Thailand and getting and a new visa/extension without leaving the country does not affect that length of time.

Your post is correct...however there is (very few) immigration offices that do a 90 report at time of extension..

Helpful? Not in my thinkig

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"I still have the old paper which indicates 05-Aug-2024 as notify date".

Your report date is still the date shown on the last 90-day receipt, that is not affected by a new visa unless you left the country, in which case the 90-day period starts again from the date you re-entered.  It is no big deal, just go to the Immigration office and do the report late, you'll have to pay a B2,000 fine, that's all.

Thanks 

A followup question. What If I need to fly out of  Thailand in couple of days. Can I leave without filing 90 days report.

5 minutes ago, akda said:

Thanks 

A followup question. What If I need to fly out of  Thailand in couple of days. Can I leave without filing 90 days report.

Yes, you can, no one cares about that when you're leaving.   Start counting your new 90 day period on the day of your return but you may still get collared for the fine for the report that you have just missed when you do the next report.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Ok, but there we apparently have a difference again. Recently when I renewed my extension, they took my visit as a report and counted 90 days from that day.

• Agree 2

36 minutes ago, Maestro said:

When entering Thailand with a new visa, the fist 90-day report is due 90 days after the date of arrival.

Since the date of arrival counts as day one, the report is due 89 days later.

8 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Ok, but there we apparently have a difference again. Recently when I renewed my extension, they took my visit as a report and counted 90 days from that day.

Some Offices doing this, my one as well.But it is not the standard nation wide.

Edited by UWEB
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, UWEB said:

Some Offices doing this, my one as well.But it is not the standard nation wide.

No, it isn´t standard, as that´s exactly what I am trying to point out. There is not nation wide standard, as it differ from office to office.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

No, it isn´t standard, as that´s exactly what I am trying to point out. There is not nation wide standard, as it differ from office to office.

Exactly

For some strange reason, some posters don't understand this. ( what a laugh )  :coffee1:

Check first with your current immigration office, if you don't want to be disappointed. with all things to do with immigration .

Edited by rocketboy2
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, rocketboy2 said:

Exactly

For some strange reason, some posters don't understand this. ( what a laugh )  :coffee1:

Check first with your current immigration office, if you don't want to be disappointed. with all things to do with immigration .

If folk had the sense to name immigration office they would receive clear advice.

The vast majority of immigration offices do not reset 90 report by doing an extension

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If folk had the sense to name immigration office they would receive clear advice.

The vast majority of immigration offices do not reset 90 report by doing an extension

No, I know that the majority does not, but some do and there is the difference. However, you also asked how it was helpful. Yeah, for me it is, and probably would be for others as well. Here I did my extension on the 16th of Aug, and they reset my 90 day for the first one to come 13th of Nov. That will mean, 1 save one trip when time for next extension as I can do that together with last 90 day, that will be about 1 week before my extension ends.

7 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

. However, you also asked how it was helpful. Yeah, for me it is, and probably would be for others as well

And yet you still did not name your immigration office.

Helpful. No.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Ralf001 said:

Does Chamchuri do this ?

I do not have a clue, but I would assume they do not, as the rest of Bangkok immigration offices.

24 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Nongkhai. last year . 

when you say

13 hours ago, akda said:

Hello Folks,

My 90-day report was due on 5-Aug-2024.

I switched employers and received a new visa on 19-July-2024.

Does the 90-day count reset from 19-July-2024?  If not, it seems I've missed my 90-day report.

What are my options? 

Thanks for your help!

when you say new 'visa', where did you obtain the 'visa' inside or outside of Thailand

• Confused 1

I'd go ASAP to IMM or One Stop office if available.   New visa may be different than extension of visa.  Only they can answer, not any of us.

If not reset, you're only a week pass grace period ... dress nice & smile a lot.   A box of Krispy Kreme donuts wouldn't hurt, cheaper than 2000 baht.

• Love It 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, steve187 said:

when you say

when you say new 'visa', where did you obtain the 'visa' inside or outside of Thailand

New visa under BOI.

At Chamchuri square Bangkok.

Although, I got my answer. I believe, I have to pay 2000  THB fine for late notification of 90 days. And have to go in person at Chamchuri Square.

Edited by akda

On 8/17/2024 at 9:10 PM, DrJack54 said:

Your post is correct...however there is (very few) immigration offices that do a 90 report at time of extension..

Helpful? Not in my thinkig

In my experience, Hua Hin is one such immigration office. Every time I've done my yearly extension, they've always done me a new 90 day report.