Yvette Cooper Vows Unprecedented Crackdown on Illegal Migration

Social Media

5 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Why do “we” need foreign workforce? 

Did you notice that I included the words "so we are told" in my post?

I have left the Western world 3 decades ago, but I guess it is same as what I see here in Thailand, which is that the locals don't want to take the lower paid jobs.

Also birthrates are declining, so I guess imported workers are needed

Edited by CallumWK

5 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

I have left the Western world 3 decades ago, but I guess it is same as what I see here in Thailand, which is that the locals don't want to take the lower paid jobs.

So we are told, but by who? It’s not the poor telling us that. 

Birthrates are declining, so rather than address low birthrates, bring in millions of low and no skilled workers that are often illiterate in their native language, much less that of the host country, that generally have no interest in assimilating, will likely be on some sort of public assistance for life, and often hate the population of the host country. 

How about incentivizing women to get married and  have children? 

In the US women are celebrated for having as many abortions as the can, and scorned for having children.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, RayC said:

discount blowing up the boats for the same reason as HeffieHandbag

It is "herfiehandbag". A six pack of stubby bottles of Herforder Pils beer, which came in a yellow cardboard box with a carrying handle, and was known therefore as a "herfiehandbag". I used to have a little picture as my avatar, but apparently it was advertising, or encouraging alcohol consumption or something!

Oh those halcyon days, when the fittest alcoholics in North West Europe (otherwise known as British Army of the Rhine) held back the Soviet hordes!

Happy days, life was so much simpler then!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

It is "herfiehandbag". A six pack of stubby bottles of Herforder Pils beer, which came in a yellow cardboard box with a carrying handle, and was known therefore as a "herfiehandbag". I used to have a little picture as my avatar, but apparently it was advertising, or encouraging alcohol consumption or something!

Oh those halcyon days, when the fittest alcoholics in North West Europe (otherwise known as British Army of the Rhine) held back the Soviet hordes!

Happy days, life was so much simpler then!

I thought it meant that you were your wife’s purse. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Regyai said:

Of course, a few Royal Marines given carte blanc would stop them all in a heartbeat....but never going to happen

It is of course all about risk vs reward

If you keep fete'ing them with god sent benefits when they arrive in country of course they'll keep on a'comin

Make it so there's no point in coming and they wont

(a big ask of "2-tier" Keir the very barrister who in his former life facilitated/incepted these very handouts they flock to)

What deterrents are you proposing exactly?

1 hour ago, Regyai said:

Seemed very easy for Australia with the Viet 'boat people' when they successfully about turned that invasion

Australia's problem with illegal mitigation is totally different to Europe's; Australia's is overstayers, Europe's is illegal entry.

According to the Refugee Council of Australia figures only 273 people were intercepted at sea or arrived by boat in Australia in 2022 and 2023. Unless hoardes of people are arriving undetected, it's a non-problem. 

I suppose that this could be down to an efficient Australian deterrent and border force, but imo it is more likely due to very few people trying to enter Australia illegally by boat.

3 hours ago, mogandave said:

So we are told, but by who? It’s not the poor telling us that. 

Birthrates are declining, so rather than address low birthrates, bring in millions of low and no skilled workers that are often illiterate in their native language, much less that of the host country, that generally have no interest in assimilating, will likely be on some sort of public assistance for life, and often hate the population of the host country. 

In the US women are celebrated for having as many abortions as the can, and scorned for having children.

You really have no clue how legal migration works, do you?

On the other hand, maybe you think there are a million illegal immigrants in UK. If so, you still have no idea.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RayC said:

What deterrents are you proposing exactly?

Australia's problem with illegal mitigation is totally different to Europe's; Australia's is overstayers, Europe's is illegal entry.

According to the Refugee Council of Australia figures only 273 people were intercepted at sea or arrived by boat in Australia in 2022 and 2023. Unless hoardes of people are arriving undetected, it's a non-problem. 

I suppose that this could be down to an efficient Australian deterrent and border force, but imo it is more likely due to very few people trying to enter Australia illegally by boat.

What deterrents?:

• Criminal status.
  • Instant Lifetime/indefinitely barred from any UK entry
  • Zero benefits.
  • 'Refugee camp' basic life support amenities while on UK soil
  • Then self fund their stay and pay for repatriation before being expelled

Australia's scourge of Veitnamese Boat People was from earlier times - they turned em round on the water (in some cases kind enough to fuel em up for their return trip)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

You really have no clue how legal migration works, do you?

On the other hand, maybe you think there are a million illegal immigrants in UK. If so, you still have no idea.

Yes, I was talking about illegal aliens, not legal immigrants, and apparently there are over a million illegals in the UK. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, mogandave said:

Yes, I was talking about illegal aliens, not legal immigrants, and apparently there are over a million illegals in the UK. 

That makes your comment even more illinformed than I first thought.

Illegal aliens aren't brought in and they don't get any public assistance. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, youreavinalaff said:

That makes your comment even more illinformed than I first thought.

Illegal aliens aren't brought in and they don't get any public assistance. 

Really? So if they get stabbed, they are left to bleed out in the street? 

They don’t use public transportation? 

The police and fire don’t come when they call? 

No use of public areas?

45 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Really? So if they get stabbed, they are left to bleed out in the street? 

They don’t use public transportation? 

The police and fire don’t come when they call? 

No use of public areas?

What do any of those have to do with " likely be on some kind of public assistance for life"?  Which is what you wrote in your comment.

• Thanks 1

None of the actions noted in the OP would be necessary if they just stopped the boats landing passengers.

If I can think of a way to stop them I'm sure the government can. IMO it's just a lack of political will that is stopping real measures.

I'd use a force of small, fast navy boats to block them from crossing into UK waters. If international law prevents that I'd opt out of those laws.

If they couldn't cross into British waters, wouldn't be long before they stopped trying.

If the rubber boats ran out of fuel ( on purpose ) the navy could give them paddles and point the direction to go in.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

On 8/24/2024 at 2:53 AM, mogandave said:

On 8/24/2024 at 2:38 AM, CallumWK said:

Why should people take low paid jobs when it's not enough to live on? The answer is not to import people that will work for peanuts, but to make the jobs pay enough to get citizens do them.

On 8/26/2024 at 4:59 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Why should people take low paid jobs when it's not enough to live on? The answer is not to import people that will work for peanuts, but to make the jobs pay enough to get citizens do them.

But it’s the rich that have to pay them, and they like to pay as little as possible.

3 hours ago, mogandave said:

But it’s the rich that have to pay them, and they like to pay as little as possible.

We've played the rich's game for too long. It's time to elect governments that will emasculate them.

Will it happen, unlikely. IMO the western world is doomed by the 1%'s greed.

27 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

We've played the rich's game for too long. It's time to elect governments that will emasculate them.

Will it happen, unlikely. IMO the western world is doomed by the 1%'s greed.

The problem is not the greed of the 1%, it is the foolish  leftist ideologues that the 1% promote, which is a fairly recent phenomenon. 

The Obama’s on stage talking about the greedy rich, yet they’ve gotten rich by sitting racial animosity an dividing the country. 

The 1% lecturing the hoi-polloi about the greedy rich,  to rousing applause. 

Doesn't everyone promise this....and has anyone delivered.....remember  "We will reduce migration from the hundreds of thousands to the tens of thousands, no ifs, ands, or buts" David Cameron circa 2010. Well, what happened? Migration went up from net 300K to 500K. And recall the massive net immigration we had was due to Labour policies from 1998 to 2010, and caused net migration to 300,000. My prediction.....LABOUR will do NOTHING about this problem. 

5 minutes ago, mogandave said:

The problem is not the greed of the 1%, it is the foolish  leftist ideologues that the 1% promote, which is a fairly recent phenomenon. 

The Obama’s on stage talking about the greedy rich, yet they’ve gotten rich by sitting racial animosity an dividing the country. 

The 1% lecturing the hoi-polloi about the greedy rich,  to rousing applause. 

While I agree with some of what you say, I do not consider Obama to be 1 %. IMO the Obamas were merely useful tools for the actual 1 %, and Obama's wealth would be mere petty cash in comparison to the 1%'s wealth.

1 hour ago, rickudon said:

Only allow migrants to do the work for which their is a real skill shortage

That's it. In a nutshell. Exactly what is already happening.

The shortage is not top end. Not the kind if jobs graduates go for. Graduates compete against other graduates. Not immigrants.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

The UK has over a million unemployed.

Bringing in more unskilled workers only adds to the problem. 

I'd reduce/remove benefits for those who are able to work. Encourage them into the workforce, rather than bringing in more unskilled grifters looking to further exploit the benefits culture.  

Skilled workers for industries that need workers will of course continue to be welcome, as long as they pass stringent background checks and are willing to assimilate into British culture (or what's left of it). 

You keep making the same mistake.

Unskilled workers are not being brought in. They have skills and they are not entitled to benefits. 

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

You keep making the same mistake.

Unskilled workers are not being brought in. They have skills and they are not entitled to benefits. 

Ah yes, they are all Doctors and Nurses. They just lost their medical certificates at the same time they lost their passports. 

• Agree 2