Buying one way tickets with a Re-entry permit

I have found that I can get a better total rate if I buy one way tickets bot outbound and inbound now in low season with some airlines and I have a valid re-entry permit. Any issues inbound?

Thanks

Felt

I go back to Australia on a one-way, buy another one way when I have finished my business there.

A re-entry permit is just that. Never had an issue, can't understand why there would be.

• Like 1

Nothing to do with your re-entry it's your visa the airline wants to see to enter the country what ridiculousness post! 

That you think you have to have an on way ticket out of Thailand when you have a obviously have a visa.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

34 minutes ago, arick said:

Obviously he has issues if he thinks he needs an on way ticket with the reentry permit and a visa.

He doesn't think he needs a one way ticket, he is buying these for a discounted price

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, flexomike said:

He doesn't think he needs a one way ticket, he is buying these for a discounted price

Go ahead Tell me what cheap inbound and outbound tickets have to do with the reentry permit? Enlighten me it's not even seven in the morning I want to know what one way cheap inbound and outbound tickets have to do anything with a reentry permit. Maybe even elaborate and tell us where these one bound and inbound tickets are from to and from

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, arick said:

Go ahead Tell me what cheap inbound and outbound tickets have to do with the reentry permit? Enlighten me it's not even seven in the morning I want to know what one way cheap inbound and outbound tickets have to do anything with a reentry permit. Maybe even elaborate and tell us where these one bound and inbound tickets are from to and from

Well lets see, if you do not have a valid re entry permit your visa is cancelled when you leave Thailand.

• Agree 1

56 minutes ago, arick said:

Nothing to do with your re-entry it's your visa the airline wants to see to enter the country what ridiculousness post! 

That you think you have to have an on way ticket out of Thailand when you have a obviously have a visa.

More likely the "visa" is expired/used and what he has is an extension of stay (and associated re-entry permit).  Semantics perhaps but  it's just as easy to use the correct terminology as not.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, flexomike said:

Well lets see, if you do not have a valid re entry permit your visa is cancelled when you leave Thailand.

Still have nothing to do with inbound and outbound one way tickets.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, arick said:
2 hours ago, arick said:

The OP was seeking help/information and all you can do is make snide comments and spelling mistakes.....................pathetic aresick.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Slightly different                             I have a R/T ticket to Europe.  I need to go to Singapore for a day for business.  Arriving in BKK is it possible to make a right hand turn and go to Departures to go to Singapore for the day              returning and using  the original Re entry permit

ie any problem getting from arrivals to departures in Swampy w/o Immigration?

17 hours ago, Felt 35 said:

I have found that I can get a better total rate if I buy one way tickets bot outbound and inbound now in low season with some airlines and I have a valid re-entry permit. Any issues inbound?

Thanks

Felt

It wouldn't make any difference if you were on a one way ticket or the return leg of a 2 way ticket. If anyone was looking to check they would be looking for a journey out of Thailand.

There shouldn't be any issue on a re-entry permit but I did encounter an uninformed Jobsworth who didn't understand that a re-entry permit was a pseudo visa. I just called a supervisor and issue immediately resolved.

Edited by sandyf

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, arick said:

Holy crap for an aggressive commenter. Find you another forum. First thing first, do you say I not need a re-entry permit anymore when I have a one year retirement visa if so thank you its saves me Thb 3800,- annually. Two, I don't think I need what you write as "on way ticket" above which what I guess you try to say is "onward ticket" Btw, the whole reason I posted the question is because of the constant changes in the visa rules and regulations related to them and just wanted to make sure there weren't any recent new rules I wasn't aware of.

Felt😉

Edited by Felt 35
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

Holy crap for an aggressive commenter. Find you another forum. First thing first, do you say I not need a re-entry permit anymore when I have a one year retirement visa if so thank you its saves me Thb 3800,- annually. Two, I don't think I need what you write as "on way ticket" above which what I guess you try to say is "onward ticket" Btw, the whole reason I posted the question is because of the constant changes in the visa rules and regulations related to them and just wanted to make sure there weren't any recent new rules I wasn't aware of.

Felt😉

It's still not making sense now you're going on about 3,800 That's the price of a multi entry not a single entry. An entry permit is 1,000 bht or 3,800 for unlimited re-entries. 

There is no need to show a one-way ticket leaving the country or any other tickets All you need is to have a re-entry permit in your passport and that's only if you have a valid visa and extension normally on a non-O.

You won't even be granted a reentry permit if you don't have the appropriate Visa.

8 minutes ago, arick said:

There is no need to show a one-way ticket leaving the country or any other tickets All you need is to have a re-entry permit in your passport and that's only if you have a valid visa and extension normally on a non-O.

You won't even be granted a reentry permit if you don't have the appropriate Visa.

From the OP, .....

"I have a valid re-entry permit. Any issues inbound?"

He is asking about any issues flying to (inbound) to Thailand.

Answer ...as he has a reentry permit an onward flight not required by airline at departure or immigration on arrival.

You are incorrect regards obtaining a reentry permit from a non O single entry 90 day permission of stay.

You can obtain a reentry permit to enable trip out/return during the 90 days.