Speed The Factor in Fatal Car Accident in Samut Sakhon

IMG_4763.jpeg

Picture from responders.

August 24 at 06:25, a fatal car accident occurred on Setthakit 1 Road in the direction of Phetkasem Road, opposite Wat Khae Rai in Krathum Baen District, Samut Sakhon.

The driver of a  private car lost control of the vehicle and it crashed into an electric pole, resulting in the car being ripped apart and the driver being thrown from the vehicle. Responders found the driver dead at the scene, after suffering from multiple injuries, and beyond the help of medical services.

Local authorities from Krathum Baen Police Station are handling the investigation and speed looks to have played a major role in this crash. No further details of the driver were released.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-08-24

Cigna Banner (500x100) (1).png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

IMG_4767.png

Picture from responders showing the rear of the car approximately 50 m from the front part.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, JoePai said:

Hells bells, what sort of speed was he going to do that much damage !

I'm guessing close to, or over, 200 kph. That's a pretty straight and wide section of road, I would say he made some type of abrupt lane change to send the vehicle into a spin, then hit the pole sideways, thus ripping it in half.

4 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

Local authorities from Krathum Baen Police Station are handling the investigation and speed looks to have played a major role in this crash.

That´s great investigation. Sherlock is jealous.

4 hours ago, JoePai said:

Hells bells, what sort of speed was he going to do that much damage !

Indeed...   I'm not sure I've ever seen that extent of damage - car ripped in two with both halves 50m apart...

... the driver must have been going at an insane speed - luckily he managed not to kill any innocent others.

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Indeed...   I'm not sure I've ever seen that extent of damage - car ripped in two with both halves 50m apart...

... the driver must have been going at an insane speed - luckily he managed not to kill any innocent others.

Not really, if it's a budget car, maybe a Mirage or Nissan March, they just need to his the pole between 110-130 km/h to be split in half. And the pole must be concrete. 

these are speeds we see everyday on 60km/h roads