Former Police Chief Arraigned Over Red Bull Heir's Case Mishandling

32 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

There is no such thing as an "international arrest warrant".  An Interpol red notice has been issued but that is advisory only, no country is under any obligation to detain him.    Thai authorities are not in any position to "return him" from any other country as the RTP do not have jurisdiction beyond Thailand's borders.

If I were a gambling man, I would take wagers on how much laughing takes place behind the scenes, when Interpol sees a red notice from the Thai Authorities. 

Just another formality guys. We know they are not serious men. 

If this spoilt kid walks - and the statutory limit is early next month - then you have to fire each and every police officer who ever touched this file, put them into jail and throw away the key. 

I'm getting fined for driving 8km/h too fast with 500 Baht - quite right so. But driving an ill-gotten Ferrari under the influence of prohibited drugs and therefore killing a fellow police officer on duty ......... seems to be wiped under the biggest carpet in Thailand called corruption which is literally everywhere meanwhile. 

The kid's family must have forked out a nine digit amount in Baht and the entire population fills their coffers again by buying Krating Daeng/Red Bull sludge in bottles and cans. Now how stupid is that, seriously? 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, bradiston said:

I'd ask his family why they are shielding him, and bring lawsuits against them for aiding and abetting, harbouring a wanted felon, and obstructing justice. They are complicit in his misdemeanours if they don't offer him up.

Families are under no legal obligation to "offer up" their accused relatives.

3 hours ago, Artisi said:
6 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Anyone who had anything to do with this case were told to back off or were compensated handsomely to turn a blind eye and allow him to leave the country.

Seems you and I know what went on, however those in authority didn't 🤣🤣🤣

"...to turn a blind eye and allow him to leave the country".

Actually seems as though neither of you do...he wasn't banned from leaving the country.

It was mentioned earlier that in Thailand there are no serious investigation style journalists ( bad for health) being a nosey person I would like to hear from the wife of the deceased .has she been well compensated has she been told to keep quiet? Apart from the general public how has she been treated in the 12 years since she lost her husband 

So these Thai police officers may have accepted (probably very large) bribe to protect someone who killed one of their own co-workers. Absolutely no integrity at all. In this part of the world too many people would sacrifice their own mother for a pittance of coin. Just my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...to turn a blind eye and allow him to leave the country".

Actually seems as though neither of you do...he wasn't banned from leaving the country.

Pedantic.

No one said he was banned, the comment was allowed. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, jippytum said:

The police protected this hi so killer from justice for killing a policeman and 

allowed him to flee the country. 

He has been seen at many high profile sports events abroad and despite the issue of an international  arrest warrant Thai authorities have refused to return him to face justice. 

Another example of a rich Thai family evading justice. shameful ! 

What international arrest warrant are you referring to?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

There is no such thing as an "international arrest warrant".  An Interpol red notice has been issued but that is advisory only, no country is under any obligation to detain him.    Thai authorities are not in any position to "return him" from any other country as the RTP do not have jurisdiction beyond Thailand's borders.

Where was a red notice issues? I've searched multiple times and found nothing issued on him. 

5 minutes ago, Dan O said:

What international arrest warrant are you referring to?

Details of the International Warrant:

• Interpol Red Notice: After Vorayuth fled Thailand and failed to appear in court, Thai authorities sought international assistance. In 2017, Interpol issued a Red Notice for Vorayuth, which is essentially a request to law enforcement agencies worldwide to locate and provisionally arrest a person pending extradition. This is not the same as an international arrest warrant, but it functions similarly in practice by alerting countries to the wanted status of an individual.

Edited by Will B Good

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What a load of Rubbish!!!

An international arrest warrant is a legal instrument used to facilitate the arrest and extradition of individuals accused or convicted of serious crimes across national borders. These warrants are typically issued by judicial authorities in one country and are intended to be recognized and acted upon by law enforcement agencies in other countries. The primary goal is to ensure that individuals cannot evade justice simply by crossing into another jurisdiction

you need to learn how to use google  instructions are on the internet

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Details of the International Warrant:

• Interpol Red Notice: After Vorayuth fled Thailand and failed to appear in court, Thai authorities sought international assistance. In 2017, Interpol issued a Red Notice for Vorayuth, which is essentially a request to law enforcement agencies worldwide to locate and provisionally arrest a person pending extradition. This is not the same as an international arrest warrant, but it functions similarly in practice by alerting countries to the wanted status of an individual.

I looked quite a few times when they made that claim and it was never listed or filed that I could find. If it was there it certainly evaded my searches.They have a searchable on line site so its not too hard to check although I haven't since the end of covid.

Edited by Dan O
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Does that include the whole Red Bull F1 team?

Boss is often at the race meetings in the hospitality area.

If they are aiding and abetting a known fugitive, then Yes

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, spermwhale said:

The money goes back to Daddy Red Bull. He's the one who bribed the cops and he's the one funding his murderer son's lifestyle abroad. Sickening. I wonder if the fugitive's party pals abroad know they are associating with a killer. 

If they put daddy in jail , would the son let him go? I wouldn’t put out much hope a vermin like Boss would step up to take responsibility for his actions even if failing to do so puts his family in peril. 
Those making his flight from Justice possible should be held accountable. 

48 minutes ago, kimothai said:

So these Thai police officers may have accepted (probably very large) bribe to protect someone who killed one of their own co-workers. Absolutely no integrity at all. In this part of the world too many people would sacrifice their own mother for a pittance of coin. Just my opinion. 

Not only the police but also those on top of the police. Such a high profile case so much publicity and yet no progress. 
The perp not only has tons of money but very deep and solid connections. 

• Love It 1

7 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

TIT, and if you are a rich family with connections with the richer and more powerful families,

life is different.  Thailand is not at all like other countries, especially the UK.  I am not an expat

but am married to a Thai woman and her family. The knowledge I have gain about Thailand and

all its difference is amazing indeed. Glad to see a police chief being affedted.

Oh I don’t know about that. America has a few notable examples of similar legal shenanigans. You want to draw comparisons, use Singapore as an example of being the opposite to Thailand.

10 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

If they really did these things. They were paid well enough to fend off any related charges for doing it. So they deserve any justice meted out. But most likely, this will all disappear within the year and forgotten. 

Sorry, I need to disagree with you on this. This is not going to disappear, It's been over a decade and it's still in the headlines. 

This case is still brought up in one of the forums at least once a week. So, I really don't see this disappearing, now will they be found guilty? that all depends on how the fat the envelopes are or their connections. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, d2b2 said:

If they put daddy in jail , would the son let him go? I wouldn’t put out much hope a vermin like Boss would step up to take responsibility for his actions even if failing to do so puts his family in peril. 
Those making his flight from Justice possible should be held accountable. 

Pls dun be naive

Boss is untouchable solely because of who is his daddy so that makes his father Charlern on an even higher level of untouchability. 
There’s another family the Yubamrungs with the same level of untouchability who’s patriarch is also named Charlerm. 
He son can even murder a policeman point blank inside a crowded disco without consequences. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Families are under no legal obligation to "offer up" their accused relatives.

For sure but are they not then liable for a charge of harbouring a fugitive from justice if said fugitive is staying in family property? No exemption for families. My point was really, they know where he is but are not telling. That surely contravenes some law. It certainly contravenes any ethical code. Raised as a spoilt brat, remains a spoilt brat.

9 hours ago, spermwhale said:

The money goes back to Daddy Red Bull. He's the one who bribed the cops and he's the one funding his murderer son's lifestyle abroad. Sickening. I wonder if the fugitive's party pals abroad know they are associating with a killer. 

Oh, they will know all right, but if they're not having to foot the bill for the parties, they won't care about a crime he committed years ago.

2 hours ago, MikeandDow said:

What a load of Rubbish!!!

An international arrest warrant is a legal instrument used to facilitate the arrest and extradition of individuals accused or convicted of serious crimes across national borders. These warrants are typically issued by judicial authorities in one country and are intended to be recognized and acted upon by law enforcement agencies in other countries. The primary goal is to ensure that individuals cannot evade justice simply by crossing into another jurisdiction

you need to learn how to use google  instructions are on the internet

So do you. 

There is no such thing as an "international arrest warrant", if there was, one would have been issued for Vorayuth, don't you think?   Perhaps with all your Google experience you could say who issues the "international arrest warrants to which you refer?   Interpol issues Notices, not warrants.   In Europe there is a European Arrest Warrant that applies across certain European borders.