Do agents handle Extension of stay - based on marriage

25 minutes ago, steve187 said:

the problem with agents suppling the 800,000thb for the extension is getting away from them to do it yourself the following year, married or retirement, as you have not complied with the 2 months before, 3 months after and 400,000thb remainder of the year, best to stay away from agents and find an alternative,

Thanks, and similar advice to that given by @Liquorice once the agents get hold of you, and the immigration office know that, they can easily apply the official rules that they are happy to see circumnavigated when you use one of their agent buddies. Thanks for your input, I will certainly try and avoid the agent route now.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Indeed. I have the same palaver every year with the witness issue; one of my wife’s friends, who would appear to have not eaten for 5 days prior to me buying her lunch in one of Hua Hin’s seafood restaurants … but what can one do ¯\_()_/¯

Hopefully now we have a new witness, we met a couple at the photo shop near immigration last year, and live close to us, his Thai wife also speaks good English (and hot) , they were doing the same, for the first time, and didn't know about bringing a Witness, so my wife did it for them, so this year will arrange to meet them there, the only downfall on that is we both have to wait  until we are both processed .....swings n roundabouts init. Still I could save at least 1k. 

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Agent won't cover the financials for extension based on marriage.

Will suggest if over 50 to do extension based on retirement 

I used an agent a few times in this scenario, no problems. She is is based in Maha Sarakam but co operates with other other agents throughout the kingdom

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, EvetsKram said:

I used an agent a few times in this scenario, no problems. She is is based in Maha Sarakam but co operates with other other agents throughout the kingdom

Great, name and / or contact details please  .... in PM if you feel the need to thanks

Edited by Eloquent pilgrim

2 hours ago, isaanistical said:

So an IO might want to see retirement-rules financials next year even if you're applying for marriage?

Errrrrr No!
They're checking you complied with the financial requirements of the retirement extension issued 10 months previously.

Edited by Liquorice
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, arick said:

I am sure there is marriage agent!

There are - but not for all offices / districts - the district-level sign-off being key.  It used to be reported for about 10K Baht extra vs retirement for that signature (a nice little earner for a signature), but a recent poster cited a much higher figure.

I suspect, in the OP's case, the stamp might be from a far-away province vs Hua Hin - though would have to ask the agent to know for sure.

10 hours ago, Celsius said:

So 800k instead of 400k

No, not necessarily many agents, (don't know about Hua Hin) but can arrange without financials at all!,

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The OP indicates that his main concern re financials (400k) is down to taxation worries.

Has indicated can transfer required funds from UK.

This is clearly his best option.

Stick with ongoing extensions based on marriage 

In the light of that I agree!

• Thumbs Up 1

The trick is finding the right agent. Some of them are government employes making some cash on the side pretending to be independent agents. I paid around $100 once and got a visa in two hours that should have taken between three and seven days.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2024 at 10:32 AM, Eloquent pilgrim said:

My wife asked for the 3 month statements and letter when we had to go back to the bank last year, although I thought I only needed 2 months; but like you say, leave nothing to chance. I have to use Hua Hin, and they have several very unfriendly witches working there.

I do my marriage extensions ar Hua Hin.   everyone sweet as pie

get the bank letter "2" months in the am ..  deposit 100 baht then update the bank book and have them make us 2 copies

and we get the marriage reg certificate a few days before @ the PranBuri Amphur

the ladies at the check in desk go thru your package and sort it all in order before you go upstairs ( and they make sure you signed every paper

Hua Hin Requirements.png