Temu vs. Lazada for Online Shopping Bliss?

Jingthing

6 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Essential when ordering off FB?

For Facebook deliveries some people accept COD but paying in advance is normal, for my small purchases i have a good look at the seller profile to see if looks legit

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

For Facebook deliveries some people accept COD but paying in advance is normal, for my small purchases i have a good look at the seller profile to see if looks legit

All ways nervous with FB....so COD...just in case.

On 8/29/2024 at 7:39 AM, arick said:

AliExpress is far cheaper for computers and relating equipment.

Sometimes. Other times, Lazada may be marginally more expensive, but you may get faster shipping and a local vendor to beat on if you have a problem w/ the item. Aliexpress has a much wider variety of specialty items, reflecting a more international market. I like both companies.

Don't usually use Shopee, as I'm set up well in Lazada, and Lazada sends out notices, but I found a good used graphics card there a couple weeks ago that Lazada didn't have. Chatted w/ vendor, good rep & reviews. Ordered, working great, quite impressed.

Willing to try Temu if there's occasion.

Edited by BigStar

On 8/29/2024 at 11:45 AM, connda said:

I find it amazing that laissez faire capitalists hail "free-market capitalism" until China out-competes them.

If China "takes over the global economy" then good.  I'm not anti-China, I'm pro free markets.  If the US wants to compete, then compete.  Instead the US and the West bitches and moans about the Chinese industrial base outperforming the West.  And why is that?  Because greedy Western corporations de-industrialized the US, the UK, and now the EU and moved their manufacturing base to China as well as other countries which supplied cheap labor.

Now?  Western governments and corporations whine and cry because The Communist Party of China created the conditions to out-compete the West. 

Me personally?  I'd rather buy from China.  I live in this part of the world, why not?  As for as China "takes over the global economy" then 1 billion people in the West get screwed by their own governments who impose tariffs as the other 7 billion people in BRICS and non-aligned countries and Global South benefit from access to less expensive goods than the dying Western manufacturing base can supply at the same price.  The West can't compete.  So they complain.  So Western governments impose tariffs and openly plan to go to war with China and just about everyone else outside of the G7.  How the hell does anybody benefit from that idiocracy?

:angry: "China bad!"

Yeah, I keep hearing that but I don't agree.  But feel free to express your hatred of China. 

I'm not pro free marked, I'm pro a controlled marked. A free marked leads to social Darwinism.

• Agree 1

No TEMU PC site without using emulator ... NO THANKS

I won't even use LAZ or Shopee phone app, as crap, with limited product info, or choice of vendors.

I really don't know how people live on their phones or tablet.  Mobile sites are crap.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

No TEMU PC site without using emulator ... NO THANKS

I won't even use LAZ or Shopee phone app, as crap, with limited product info, or choice of vendors.

I really don't know how people live on their phones or tablet.  Mobile sites are crap.

I do everything on my phone except spreadsheets. Portable, easy to use (tap tap tap), VPN always on, WiFi connections abound, move money around, shop, talk, chat. What's not to like? And yet to be hacked/scammed after 12 years. Still, let's not get into the old mobile v pc argument. Chaque à son goût.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2024 at 7:09 AM, gargamon said:

Temu's business model is different. The others have independent merchants that sell their goods on the platform. Temu contracts with manufacturers to buy a lot of certain items that they then sell. The choice on temu is therefore significantly less than the others. I tried it in Canada and was not impressed.

You couldn't be more wrong. Temu also have independent merchants, who are selling the same products at different prices. The model is more like Amazon, where all items are stocked or sent combined from Temu's warehouse. The products at Temu are more or less the exact same products, that you will find on Aliexpress, Lazada and Shopee.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

So you miss out on all the discounts and free shipping.

Don't think I miss the discounts, and 38 baht for shipping isn't going to set the monthly budget back much.   Phone app is just too annoying, and lacks info to make an informed choice.   

Probably save more than the offered discounts, with the added info when searching on the PC.

I've been peeking at TEMU lately, seems to be mostly low end pricing stuff, though TBH, haven't really searched for anything particular, appliance wise or something more expensive.   Just peek at their links when the pop up.

Anyone order from them yet.  I think most comes from overseas, though they do offer discount if arrival is later than posted date.

I have tried a few  consumer items from Temu. Cheap price but low quality. The screwdrivers had the oddest pungent chemical odor.  One of the items arrived broken. In an order of 5 items, 1 was not included. Customer service was good though.

It was a trial purchase to check out merchandise.  I won't purchase again. It's rubbish.

Edited by Patong2021
  • Haha 1

On 8/27/2024 at 1:46 PM, scubascuba3 said:

I had a look but not bought anything yet, not sure about free delivery options, happy with Lazada and Shopee for now.

Avoid Decathlon online, cancelled an order / asked for refund, 11 days later still no refund, bare in mind i just declined item instore

I clicked this because I have seen some interesting items on Temu and a little confused about shipping, etc. so not just jumping upon your post. 

I ordered one item from Decathalon online, which I returned and exchanged for a different size. There was some issue because i needed to complete a Google form or something, the guy who called a couple of times and sorted out my mess was amazing, quite honestly the best customer helpline experience I have had in Thailand. When I first spoke to the guy I didn’t believe he was Thai because of his accent and his sensible manner. I don’t have cause to buy from Decathalon, but I’m surprised by your comment. 

Edited by recom273

I don't know if it makes a difference, I do tend to like Lazada, I find their customer service to be pretty good, and the delivery times to be pretty reliable. I used to think that they were a Thai company but I recently found out they are a Chinese owned company, same as Temu. 

As much as I do not like supporting Chinese owned companies it's very difficult to avoid them these days, completely. 

12 minutes ago, recom273 said:

I ordered one item from Decathalon online, which I returned and exchanged for a different size. There was some issue because i needed to complete a Google form or something, the guy who called a couple of times and sorted out my mess was amazing, quite honestly the best customer helpline experience I have had in Thailand. When I first spoke to the guy I didn’t believe he was Thai because of his accent and his sensible manner. I don’t have cause to buy from Decathalon, but I’m surprised by your comment

Yeah you need to complete a google form of payment details, a faff, I've done it twice. Not needed for Lazada or Shopee, 3 weeks later still no refund, considering the item never left the shop it's a very poor process, I wouldn't buy Decathlon online again if a return was possible

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

I don't know if it makes a difference, I do tend to like Lazada, I find their customer service to be pretty good, and the delivery times to be pretty reliable. I used to think that they were a Thai company but I recently found out they are a Chinese owned company, same as Temu. 

As much as I do not like supporting Chinese owned companies it's very difficult to avoid them these days, completely. 

It was founded by a German guy in 2012.

Bought out by Alibaba. HQ in Singapore.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazada

I use Lazada and get refunds all the time.  I think the trick is that you have to converse with the shop first your complaint.  If no joy, start refund process through Lazada with your reason for refund mentioning your dialog with the shop and the required photos.  Lazada monitors all messages.  After submitting, my average time for money to get refunded in my Wallet is about 10 mins. Sometimes  less than 10 sec if the reason is obvious.  Couldn’t be easier and I am not Thai.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2024 at 11:53 AM, Patong2021 said:

I have tried a few  consumer items from Temu. Cheap price but low quality. The screwdrivers had the oddest pungent chemical odor.  One of the items arrived broken. In an order of 5 items, 1 was not included. Customer service was good though.

It was a trial purchase to check out merchandise.  I won't purchase again. It's rubbish.

Many have tried to compete with Shopee and Lazada, but they all failed.

JD and Wish are just 2 of them