Thai YouTuber exposes substandard aircraft repairs

Sad to say this comes as no shock.....I'd never fly even with Thai Air.....how many years were they red flagged?

Thai Airways is not currently red-flagged by the UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA). The airline had previously been flagged by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) in 2015/2016 due to safety concerns, but those issues have since been resolved.

Edited by Will B Good
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Shameful, but sadly unsurprising. What is surprising is that these Cessna's and small aircraft are not dropping out go the sky like flies.

When you find a half-way decent builder or repairman here you hang on to him and shower him with gratitude and bonuses.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, webfact said:

How could the mechanic who installed the governor not read the manual and make such a mistake? And how did the one who logged the 100-hour annual inspection overlook all these expired parts?”

A mechanic in name only...

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

“How could the mechanic who installed the governor not read the manual and make such a mistake? And how did the one who logged the 100-hour annual inspection overlook all these expired parts?”

They don't care.....sad, but true.....look at how they drive.

3 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

imagine how far this goes. Are these mechanics handling commercial aircraft? If so, then some serious checks need to be done before an even more severe crash happens. 

Agree....which I why I fly Emirates or Qatar.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

1) The fact that a Rockwell Commander 114 is actually flying in Thaialnd is in a word amazing.  Even in the US this aircraft is rare.  Not excusing the level of maintenance but spare parts might be difficult to find for this aircarft because it went out of production many years ago and Rockwell went out of business many years ago. I once saw a 114 over 20 years ago in Long Beach,CA.

2) I have been a pilot for over 35 years and at one time owned a Cessna 172 but I have never stepped into a general aviation aircraft in Thailand and never will.

3) I have faith in most of the  airlines based in Thailand because the maintenance is supervised by and signed off by foreign maintenance managers.  I beleive many of these maintenance managers come from Europe.  

YES , agree: BBK Air and Thai Air, other airlines operating here in LOS are fake and fake their maintenance  books.

Thai maintenance approach is: as long as it starts and runs it must be good.. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, mran66 said:

Substandard repairs or maintenance in Thailand??? Not plausible, must be fake news. 

sarcasm is the lowest form of humor !!

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

3) I have faith in most of the  airlines based in Thailand because the maintenance is supervised by and signed off by foreign maintenance managers.  I beleive many of these maintenance managers come from Europe.  

But a few do not hence the plane that crashed a few days ago with all lives lost !

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

Sad to say this comes as no shock.....I'd never fly even with Thai Air.....how many years were they red flagged?

Thai Airways is not currently red-flagged by the UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA). The airline had previously been flagged by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) in 2015/2016 due to safety concerns, but those issues have since been resolved.

I don't know anything about the UK CAA, but neither ICAO nor the US FAA red flags individual airlines. Thailand, not Thai Airways, received the red flag from those organizations due to insufficient government safety oversight.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, khunjeff said:

I don't know anything about the UK CAA, but neither ICAO nor the US FAA red flags individual airlines. Thailand, not Thai Airways, received the red flag from those organizations due to insufficient government safety oversight.

Yikes.....the whole of Thailand?????

??????......The airline had previously been flagged by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) in 2015/206 due to safety concerns....????

Edited by Will B Good

5 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Yikes.....the whole of Thailand?????

??????......The airline had previously been flagged by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) in 2015/206 due to safety concerns....????

"The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) has lifted a “significant safety concern” that it imposed against Thailand in 2015 because of concerns about the inadequate safety oversight of Thai-registered air carriers.

"ICAO’s action two years ago was followed by the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration International Aviation Safety Assessment Program’s downgrading of Thailand to Category II status, which has limited operations by Thai carriers to and from U.S. airports.

"According to ICAO, a significant safety concern does not necessarily indicate a particular safety deficiency involving air navigation service providers, aircraft operators or airports, “but rather indicates that the State is not providing sufficient safety oversight to ensure the effective implementation of applicable ICAO Standards."” 

https://flightsafety.org/thailand-red-flag/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, khunjeff said:

"The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) has lifted a “significant safety concern” that it imposed against Thailand in 2015 because of concerns about the inadequate safety oversight of Thai-registered air carriers.

"ICAO’s action two years ago was followed by the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration International Aviation Safety Assessment Program’s downgrading of Thailand to Category II status, which has limited operations by Thai carriers to and from U.S. airports.

"According to ICAO, a significant safety concern does not necessarily indicate a particular safety deficiency involving air navigation service providers, aircraft operators or airports, “but rather indicates that the State is not providing sufficient safety oversight to ensure the effective implementation of applicable ICAO Standards."” 

https://flightsafety.org/thailand-red-flag/

Even bigger YIKES!

• Sad 1