Thai YouTuber exposes substandard aircraft repairs

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

This includes checking the condition of the aircraft fuselage, engines, and propellers, as well as the operation of various aircraft systems such as the aircraft control system (Flight Control), brake system, and various safety devices.

God said it was inconceivable that they had to write the above.   How about checking everything?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The CAAT reassures that operating procedures and inspections are in accordance with standards, safety requirements and relevant laws,

Of course they would say that.... 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

If the actions of the ground engineer responsible for repairing the aircraft are found to have cause for offence under the Air Navigation Act, the matter can be forwarded to the CAAT for further action.

Would that be before the aircraft crash or afterwards?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, kuzmabruk said:

Remember.   Thai Airways was and is banned by the FAA.  The old BKK to LAX is gone because the FAA will not let Thai into American airspace. 

Please see my posts above. The FAA does not evaluate individual foreign airlines, and Thai Airways was not banned. Thailand was downgraded to Category 2, which had the effect of preventing TG and other Thai carriers from operating flights to the US (which they had no plan to do anyway).

"The Federal Aviation Administration announced Tuesday that it was downgrading Thailand’s aviation safety rating to Category 2 because the country did not comply with international standards.

"The decision means Thai airlines will be banned from opening new routes to the United States or expanding existing ones."

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/thailand-aviation-safety-faa/index.html

• Love It 1

Just now, orchidfan said:

NOT in Australia.

Mine is clearly labeled a

"Commercial Pilot's LICENCE"

Maybe where you come from it's different !

It's not just words. A license is a permission from government to do something that would be otherwise illegal without the license. 

We in the USA are certificated pilots.

• Confused 2

I don't know what they do here to certificate pilots.  I hope it is more than just the color blind test and how fast you can hit the brakes as they do here for a car license.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Gobbler said:

It's not just words. A license is a permission from government to do something that would be otherwise illegal without the license. 

We in the USA are certificated pilots.

We English speakers use the noun "Licence", meaning...

"permission, a permit, a document that states you are qualified or allowed to do something"

That Licence is then endorsed with the  various

ratings which you have passed..

Aircraft types/categories, ratings (IFR, Multiengine

Land /sea etc).

So don't bluntly correct someone's writings

based only on  what you know /do in the USA!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

We English speakers use the noun "Licence", meaning...

"permission, a permit, a document that states you are qualified or allowed to do something"

That Licence is then endorsed with the  various

ratings which you have passed..

Aircraft types/categories, ratings (IFR, Multiengine

Land /sea etc).

So don't bluntly correct someone's writings

based only on  what you know /do in the USA!

You are reading from the wrong dictionary, mate. Try using a legal dictionary. 

11 minutes ago, Gobbler said:

Now read a legal dictionary and you see that expression amplified. 

I am aware that in the USA both License and Licence are interchangeable in usage...as a noun.

However you were bluntly (and incorrectly) trying to correct another poster's reference to his pilot's LICENCE /LICENSE.

I think you need to take off the US blinkers !

BTW, I'm curious,...  to drive your car there do you have a Driver's license or Driver's Certificate ?

Similarly,  does one have a License or Certificate to own and carry a gun ?

Just curious !

• Haha 2

On 8/29/2024 at 12:22 PM, Swiss1960 said:

If this happens with airplanes... what do you think happens within auto repair shops? 

That's why I service my stuff at the official dealerships here. Same my motorbike always go to a Honda or Yamaha shop to fix things, it is worth paying a little bit more than the dude around the corner.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

33 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

I am aware that in the USA both License and Licence are interchangeable in usage...as a noun.

However you were bluntly (and incorrectly) trying to correct another poster's reference to his pilot's LICENCE /LICENSE.

I think you need to take off the US blinkers !

BTW, I'm curious,...  to drive your car there do you have a Driver's license or Driver's Certificate ?

Similarly,  does one have a License or Certificate to own and carry a gun ?

Just curious !

This is just an example. The word certificate is actually on the card.

image.png.3f5bb30fb5a8fa62ee322b663da6782a.png

• Agree 1

On 8/29/2024 at 8:00 AM, sqwakvfr said:

1) The fact that a Rockwell Commander 114 is actually flying in Thaialnd is in a word amazing.  Even in the US this aircraft is rare.  Not excusing the level of maintenance but spare parts might be difficult to find for this aircarft because it went out of production many years ago and Rockwell went out of business many years ago. I once saw a 114 over 20 years ago in Long Beach,CA.

2) I have been a pilot for over 35 years and at one time owned a Cessna 172 but I have never stepped into a general aviation aircraft in Thailand and never will.

3) I have faith in most of the  airlines based in Thailand because the maintenance is supervised by and signed off by foreign maintenance managers.  I beleive many of these maintenance managers come from Europe.  

What is a * general aviation aircraft * please.??

8 hours ago, geisha said:

Can be several types: 1) Piston powered aircraft such as Cessna, Piper,Diamond , Cirrus for example. 2) Generally lighter in weight. 3) General Aviation can include turbine 4) Most of GA aircraft are flown by Private Pilot certificate holders 5) At one time I owned a Cessna 172 which is one of the most common GA aircaft. 

10 hours ago, geisha said:

"General Aviation" refers to what an aircraft is used for, it's "operation":

"General aviation (GA) is defined by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) as all civil aviation aircraft operations except for commercial air transport or aerial work, which is defined as specialized aviation services for other purposes. However, for statistical purposes, ICAO uses a definition of general aviation which includes aerial work.

General aviation thus represents the "private transport" and recreational components of aviation, most of which is accomplished with light aircraft."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_aviation