Convert my DTAC sim into eSIM whilst outside of Thailand?

I have DTAC sim, have used it for years. I'm ouside of Thailand. Is it possible to obtain eSIM in addition to my physical sim? Alternatively, convert my physical sim to eSIM somehow?

Edited by mavik

5 hours ago, mavik said:

"How about DTAC" - no idea. They have 2 apps, both are awefully confusing.  I don't even know how to sign up to either of them

DTAC has just the one official app for account management.

Did you register your existing DTAC SIM with your personal ID (Passport) while you were in Thailand?

On 9/1/2024 at 7:39 PM, NanLaew said:

Did you register your existing DTAC SIM with your personal ID (Passport) while you were in Thailand?

Yes

On 9/1/2024 at 7:39 PM, NanLaew said:

this doesn't help me a bit

7 hours ago, mavik said:
On 9/2/2024 at 5:39 AM, NanLaew said:

this doesn't help me a bit

You claim to have two DTAC apps. You need to work out which one you don't need.

My experience with DTAC and registering SIM's that have been purchased online is that their online ID verification that's needed before the SIM can be activated, only works for Thai nationals. Foreigners can only do it in person at the DTAC store.

Edited by NanLaew

On 9/5/2024 at 11:07 PM, NanLaew said:

My experience with DTAC and registering SIM's that have been purchased online is that their online ID verification that's needed before the SIM can be activated, only works for Thai nationals. Foreigners can only do it in person at the DTAC store.

You need to work out how to carefully read my question first.

2 hours ago, mavik said:

Yes. My question about eSim remains

If you have activated International Roaming on your SIM. you can call DTAC for free. Kindly call +662-202-8100 dtac call center for 24 hour  (free of charge when call from dtac and dtac prepaid SIM)

13 hours ago, mavik said:

You need to work out how to carefully read my question first.

And you need to carefully read the responses.

You are out of the country but want to do something that requires a foreigner to go to the DTAC store.

Have you worked out how to use the "awfully confusing" DTAC app that you need yet?

19 hours ago, NowNow said:

If you have activated International Roaming on your SIM. you can call DTAC for free. Kindly call +662-202-8100 dtac call center for 24 hour  (free of charge when call from dtac and dtac prepaid SIM)

I don't need your permission to call them. If I wanted to, I'd already have done so.

Re-read the question. Answer only it. Or don't answer at all.

Edited by mavik

9 hours ago, mavik said:

I don't need your permission to call them. If I wanted to, I'd already have done so.

Re-read the question. Answer only it. Or don't answer at all.

Are you mentally ill? Why else would you respond in such a manner to someone helping you?

DTAC and DTAC only are the ones who can look at your status, answer your question and effect the transfer if possible....and you can call them for free.

If you are unable to communicate with other humans in a civil manner, then perhaps it would be better for you to not ask questions here at all. Hopefully we will not see the likes of you here again.

• Agree 1

Prepaid or postpaid?

Did you register for international roaming?

Make & model of phone?

I did a bit of research, and most references to switching to an eSIM start off with "Visit a DTAC hall..."

There is a menu pick within the DTAC mobile app: "Order and Activate eSIM" but all of that section is in Thai only.

Based on a minimum of research I'd say the answers to your questions are "No" and "No".