Bail Granted to Somyot and Others in "Boss" Yoovidhya Case

6 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Corruption without borders... while these culprits get done everything a lot of demonstrators against the Government are being bail refused, while their offence is much less than what these corrupt officials have done in the past years  and how much money they got for it....Same shame shame 

The two tier injustice system

So this prosecutor is eager for the chance to prove his innocence, though he has freely admitted he is guilty of reducing the speed of a vehicle which killed a policeman from 177kph to less than 80. Hard to see how that constitutes innocence. It's an absolute blight on the Thai judicial system that this a'hole of a man in Vorayuth is still at large. As a Thai man who had just spent 9 years in jail said to me the other day - rich people in Thailand never go to jail.

Just now, sambum said:

"As part of the bail conditions, the court has imposed a travel ban, restricting them from leaving the country."

Did they impose the same restrictions on Mr Thaksin?

Just now, sambum said:

5 hours ago, Aussie999 said:

the Red notice was withdrawn a few years ago.. though the RTP do not confirm it... but it is no longer on Interpols site... irrespective of what one commenter, on this forum keeps pushing.

There never was a red notice.

• Sad 1

I don't think any of this surprises any of us, we know that corruption here is based on wealth, and connections. If you have a certain level of wealth you are simply above the law, any and all laws. 200,000 baht bail for these guys would be the equivalent of asking most of us to pay four baht, to get out of jail. 

The Red Bull thing is just a big charade, they have no intention of finding him, they've never had any intention of finding him, they know the punk and his family are above the law, people with just a tiny fraction of their wealth are above the law, and this is one of the richest families in the nation. They own the government and the ministers, the police, and the senators. 

Edited by spidermike007

8 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

Any sign of an Interpol Red Notice or initiation of extradition proceedings to help close this case?

If not, why not?

If no country is interested in cooperating with the Thai extradition request for a traffic accident offence, he won't be extradited.

6 hours ago, Aussie999 said:

the Red notice was withdrawn a few years ago.. though the RTP do not confirm it... but it is no longer on Interpols site... irrespective of what one commenter, on this forum keeps pushing.

No one has been able to produce any evidence that confirmed that the red notice was withdrawn and no one, including you, has any idea whether it is still on the Interpol site as the majority of it is not available for public viewing so a search will not produce results.  I know that you don't like it, but that is the reality. 

"...irrespective of what one commenter, on this forum keeps pushing".

If you have the evidence, produce it instead of pushing hearsay.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

29 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No one has been able to produce any evidence that confirmed that the red notice was withdrawn and no one, including you, has any idea whether it is still on the Interpol site as the majority of it is not available for public viewing so a search will not produce results.  I know that you don't like it, but that is the reality. 

The reality is, you are full of .... You know what.

I used the same database as you, the Red notice is not there.

The RTP say it was Public, NEVER Restricted... You can say whatever you want, but you are wrong..vsimpmy trying to maintain your superiority complex, which is sad. Other readers now know what you are. Best to admit you're wrong. You can't accuse others of being wrong, when we use the same database as you.

• Love It 1

12 hours ago, 2baht said:

Alas! These people know no shame!

Indeed! Despite all my own flaws and mistakes etc., these guys certainly seem to have a different moral compass to the one I was issued with.

I hate cultural relativism, but the fact is it's culture from time immemorial here. And therein lies the nub.

I see no chance of effecting any change here myself.

Edited by BusyB
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

“Just a generous courtesy for being a helpful friend. I did not receive any money. You can check my financial records.”

What sort of car do drive? How do you tell the time? Where was your last holiday to?

This is so bad there are people locked up here for simply falling onto the King's car by accident and these scumbags walk free after one of their own lays in the ground all for blood money so some rich rshole can go live up his life in London. 

I understand the were seven charges: reckless driving causing damage to others’ property, reckless driving causing death, failing to stop and assist the victim, failing to report to authorities, drunk driving causing death, and speeding.

As they have mostly run out of time under the law (statute of limitations), I wonder if new charges can be brought once he arrives in Thailand? 

Failing to appear at a court to answer charges strikes me as one. There may be more.

15 minutes ago, Purdey said:

I understand the were seven charges: reckless driving causing damage to others’ property, reckless driving causing death, failing to stop and assist the victim, failing to report to authorities, drunk driving causing death, and speeding.

As they have mostly run out of time under the law (statute of limitations), I wonder if new charges can be brought once he arrives in Thailand? 

Failing to appear at a court to answer charges strikes me as one. There may be more.

3 charges, not 7.

Speeding, fleeing the scene of an accident, and reckless driving causing death.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Aussie999 said:
15 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

was withdrawn and no one, including you, has any idea whether it is still on the Interpol site as the majority of it is not available for public viewing so a search will not produce results.  I know that you don't like it, but that is the reality. 

Expand  

The reality is, you are full of .... You know what.

I used the same database as you, the Red notice is not there.

Yes, I know that you used the same database as I can use, it is the database that is mostly not viewable by the public, that's why you can only search, maybe, 10% of the entire database. i.e. the part that is available to the public, Interpol's website clearly states that.    That you and I cannot see it, because we do not have the authority to see it (because we are not member police forces) does not mean that it is not there.   

14 hours ago, Aussie999 said:

You can't accuse others of being wrong, when we use the same database as you.

I can if you/they do not understand that the majority of the database is not publicly available...as the Interpol website clearly states if you bothered to read it....

"The majority of Red Notices are restricted to law enforcement use only".

https://www.interpol.int/en/How-we-work/Notices/Red-Notices/View-Red-Notices

Edited by Liverpool Lou

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, I know that you used the same database as I can use, it is the database that is mostly not viewable by the public, that's why you can only search, maybe, 10% of the entire database. i.e. the part that is available to the public, Interpol's website clearly states that.    That you and I cannot see it, because we do not have the authority to see it (because we are not member police forces) does not mean that it is not there.   

You are going to have to give up on this at some point......5555

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I can if you/they do not understand that the majority of the database is not publicly available...as the Interpol website clearly states if you bothered to read it....

"The majority of Red Notices are restricted to law enforcement use only".

https://www.interpol.int/en/How-we-work/Notices/Red-Notices/View-Red-Notices

ok.. you are continuing with your usual BS, the first Red notice was removed 2018, a new one issued 30 Sept 2020, even though  it was Public, by midday it did not appear, so it was either a fake, or removed quickly after being requested... PLease, note, it was Public, NOTHING to do with Restricted, as you are trying to make us believe...Question, are you being paid to keep this BS going.
A number of news agencies, with far better skills than you, are also saying what everyone else has said... time you admit to being wrong... I will not reply again, on this particular article, until you pop up again, and try and push your own narrative.

S__8200219-1024x768.jpg

2 hours ago, Will B Good said:

You are going to have to give up on this at some point......5555

He can't let it go, no matter what proof is put to him, he denies it. I think he must be getting paid to push his false narrative.

• Haha 1

With all the money, the Red Bull kid has I’m surprised the family just didn’t buy everybody off oh wait a minute I guess I did buy everybody off and they never sent the red notice to Interpol. Everybody knows where the kid is. Nobody wants to touch that TIT