Seeking Help: Multi-Split AC Installation Challenge

StKlaus

Hello everyone,

I've run into a bit of a challenge with my small bungalow in Pranburi/Paknampran, near Hua Hin. I'm looking to install a Samsung multi-split air conditioning system, but I've hit a roadblock.

After reaching out to several local air conditioning companies, I've discovered that none of them seem to handle multi-split systems. They all offer single unit installations, but that's not what I'm after. This has led me to consider installing the system myself, though I'm not sure if that's the best route.

My plan is to use two Samsung WindFree units, each 12,000 BTU, for two separate rooms. I'm particularly drawn to these models because of their quiet operation, which is a must-have for me. However, I'm stuck on what outdoor unit to pair with these. Despite my inquiries, I haven't been able to get a clear answer on which compressor or outdoor unit would be compatible. Samsung Thailand support seems not udnerstanding my question ;-)

So, I'm turning to you all for help. Does anyone have experience with Samsung multi-split systems? I'd greatly appreciate any advice on:

1. Which Samsung outdoor unit model would work well with my chosen indoor units?
  2. Is there perhaps a reliable service company in the Pranburi/Hua Hin area that installs multi-split air conditioning systems that I've overlooked?

I'm committed to sticking with Samsung due to the WindFree models' excellent noise levels.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can offer. Your expertise could really help me out of this air conditioning dilemma! 

In case I have violated any chat rules, I ask for your understanding. This is my first topic.

29 minutes ago, StKlaus said:

This has led me to consider installing the system myself, though I'm not sure if that's the best route.

Installing an isn’t at all difficult, you just need a good vacuum pump that can go below 2.5 cfm, down below 1.5 is ideal and letting it run until the needle stops ~30-60 minutes, and having a tight system is paramount. 

Edited by novacova
. .
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, StKlaus said:

I'm committed to sticking with Samsung due to the WindFree models' excellent noise levels.

I use these Daikin ACs, and they make almost no noise at all, even in normal mode. They also have a mode which is even less noise than "normal", I never used that mode.

MAX INVERTER KZ SERIES FTKZ-VV2S - Siam Daikin Sales Co.,Ltd (SDS)

• Thanks 1