Lopburi: 18 Year Old Man Fatally Attacked by Three American Bully Dogs

IMG_5026.jpeg

Picture captured from CCTV.

In a shocking incident, an 18-year-old man was found dead on his bed after being viciously attacked by three American Bully dogs. The gruesome discovery was made by his mother and older brother, who returned home to find his lifeless body covered in bite marks, with blood splatters throughout the house.

The incident occurred at around 15:30 on August 31, when Police Lieutenant Nattapong Wongwang, an investigator from Tha Hin Police Station in Lopburi, received a report of a fatal dog attack at a residence in Village 3, Tai Talat Subdistrict, Mueang Lopburi District. The police, along with a medical team and rescue workers from the Ruamkatanyu Foundation, rushed to the scene.

Upon arrival, authorities found the body of the young man lying on his bed in a downstairs bedroom. The victim had sustained multiple wounds, consistent with a dog attack, on his face, arms, and legs. The bed was in disarray, and it is believed that the victim had been dead for over 12 hours. Blood trails were found throughout the house, indicating a struggle.

Preliminary investigations revealed that the victim had been home alone the previous night. CCTV footage captured him playing with the three American Bully dogs, approximately two years old, around 20:00. The dogs belonged to his older brother, who had brought them back from Bangkok about a week ago. At some point, the dogs turned aggressive and began attacking the young man. He attempted to flee from the second floor, but the dogs pursued him into the bedroom, where he ultimately succumbed to his injuries. The dogs were still present in the bedroom when his family discovered the body.

The authorities have sent the body to Phra Narai Hospital for a post-mortem examination. They are continuing their investigation to determine the exact circumstances surrounding the incident, and appropriate legal actions will be taken.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-01

news-footer-3.png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 14

4 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I have a very placid dog, but like most dogs, if you ' Play' rough with them they will turn, especially Pit Bulls and the like, if they have something in their mouth and you shake it from side to side it's simulating fighting. 

Yes something like that and if they turn hunting mode and hear screaming and see a lot of movement it just triggers them more.

There  is a very thin line in dogs between play and being serious.

I am not blaming the dog or the people involved but this is just another case that could be avoided.

2 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Both are to blame IMO. Could be avoided by banning these kinds of dog.

Yes you could look at it that way,i think also ignorance played a big part here.

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

How ignorant must you be to bring 3 Bully dogs from BKK, without knowing their reputation ?

I agree,it could be just as simple as that.

No knowledge but good intent with fatal ending.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, proton said:

These xl bullies are banned in some countries like the other killers as they are totally unsuitable to be kept as pets. When their genes get into the soi dog population picking a stone up or waving a stick will get you nowhere.

In the U.S. many insurance companies will not issue a homeowners policy if you own certain breeds of dogs.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

I still go with the training part, its the owner responsibility for what they became. I had a rottweiler that came to me at 1 yr old with issues, by the time I was done with him he wouldn't hurt a fly and was docile, goofy, and lovable to the day he died (best dog I ever owned - miss him every day). Wouldn't fight over food in a bowl, played with children, and even had pet cockatiels that would stand on his back while he smiled. Have had many dogs, I will never accept any aggression of any kind from my dogs, I am the one-and-only Alpha Male, period. 

If any one of my dogs growled at me when I attempted to take a bone from them was soon down the road. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Hawaiian said:

If any one of my dogs growled at me when I attempted to take a bone from them was soon down the road. 

You are on to something there but if that happens it is already too late.

They need training as a pup so these things don't happen when they are grown up.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, jvs said:

He did not really know the dogs and did not know how to handle them.

Maybe he was petting on of them and another one got jealous and decided to take action.

Screaming and trying to fight him of was probably what made the other ones react like the way they did.They acted as a pack.

thanks! somehow it resembles my experience drinking with motocies back in 90s somewhere at Sukhumwit. 

yes, they do act as a pack. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

UPDATE

Family Still in Shock, Decides to Rehome Three American Bullies to Knowledgeable Owners

IMG_5054.jpeg

Picture courtesy of ThaiRath of the 2 dogs involved in the attack.

The family of an 18-year-old young man who tragically lost his life after being attacked by three American Bully dogs is still reeling from the incident. The young man was alone in his home when he was fatally mauled by the dogs, owned by his older brother. The tragic event, which was captured on CCTV, has left the family heartbroken.

This morning, reporters visited the home where the incident occurred. Both the parents and the older brother of the deceased were visibly grieving and declined to speak to the media. The brother, Mr. Apisit, who owned the dogs, expressed his deep sorrow and provided some details about the situation.

Mr. Apisit explained that the two male American Bullies involved in the attack, named Phino and Cesra, were both a year and a half old and weighed around 18-20 kilograms each. He personally assisted in their birth, and their mother, named "Tank," had been part of the family for four years. The dogs had originally been raised in Bangkok but were brought to Lopburi when Mr. Apisit needed to care for his aging mother, who was frequently ill.

Initially, the dogs were not accustomed to their new environment, which included another dog, a white Thai dog named "Tan." To ease the transition, Mr. Apisit kept the American Bullies in his bedroom, where his younger brother often fed and played with them. The dogs gradually became familiar with their new surroundings and the younger brother.

However, on the day of the incident, circumstances changed. Mr. Apisit, who typically returned home in the evening, was on a night shift and did not come home as usual. This absence may have caused stress in the dogs. It is believed that the stress, combined with possible mishandling by the younger brother, triggered aggressive behavior in Phino and Cesra. Once the attack began, the dogs became uncontrollable.

The third dog, "Tank," was injured while attempting to protect the younger brother but was overpowered by her offspring. The family is devastated by the loss of their loved one and has decided they can no longer keep the three American Bullies.

Mr. Apisit announced that the dogs would be rehomed to individuals with experience and knowledge in handling this breed. Several people have already expressed interest in adopting the dogs, including representatives from Watch Dogs, a local animal welfare organisation.

The deceased's body remains at the Forensic Institute, awaiting a detailed autopsy report. The family is preparing for the funeral at Wat Luang Thaithalat in Mueang District, Lopburi.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-01

news-footer-4.png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe4

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1