Meghan Markle’s Regrets and Isolation After Royal Exit

Social Media

image.png

Meghan Markle is reportedly feeling regretful about how her dramatic exit from the royal family unfolded four years ago, says a prominent royal expert. The Duchess of Sussex famously stepped back from royal duties in 2020 alongside her husband, Prince Harry, a move that has since fueled a major and ongoing rift between the couple and the royal family.

"Meghan does regret certain statements that she made," royal expert and commentator Kinsey Schofield told Fox News. "They weren’t received in the way that she had expected, and several of her comments have backfired." Schofield noted that Meghan and Harry deeply regret the controversy surrounding allegations of racism within the royal family, which became a focal point of their highly publicized interview with Oprah Winfrey. "Meghan wanted the takeaway from their Oprah interview to be about her mental health," Schofield said. However, it was their claim that members of the royal family had raised concerns about the potential darkness of baby Archie’s skin that dominated headlines.

Now 43, the former "Suits" actress lives in a lavish $14 million mansion in Montecito, California, with Harry and their two children. Meghan has been actively building an impressive business portfolio, with investments in around ten brands so far. Most recently, she revealed to The New York Times that she has invested in Cesta Collective, a female-founded handbag brand. This investment aligns with her upcoming business venture, a lifestyle brand named American Riviera Orchard, which she reportedly hopes to launch later this year.

"I would describe Meghan’s personal life in California as isolated but structured," Schofield explained. "The qualifications to be her friend are no secret … she typically gravitates towards people that can offer her something, contribute to her personal goals." Schofield added that trust and privacy are crucial to Meghan, who maintains a small circle of friends. "She is friendly with Montecito locals as you never know someone’s connection or status. Everyone in Montecito has accomplished something significant to be in a position to call it home."

Despite her seemingly settled life, Schofield suggests that Meghan’s reality may differ from the composed image she projects. "Sightings of the couple are rare and advances towards establishing connections with the Sussexes are mostly rejected," Schofield claimed. "It is important to Meghan that it appears she has moved on, and the drama is beneath her.

But that is not the reality." She added that there remains a sense of resentment fueling much of Meghan’s recent work.

While Prince Harry recently made a surprise appearance at his uncle’s funeral in the UK, Schofield doesn’t expect Meghan to return to British soil anytime soon. "Harry and Meghan returning to the UK without meeting with the royals or acknowledging them just reminds the world of their estrangement," Schofield said. "It attracts hostile headlines. I think there is a desire to win back that audience [in the UK], but Harry recently said himself that he doesn’t feel safe enough bringing his wife back to his home country."

As Meghan continues to focus on her business ventures, Schofield believes this work may provide some solace. "If American Riviera Orchard becomes a well-oiled machine and keeps Meghan busy, she will find joy in that work," she concluded.

Credit: NYP 2024-09-02

news-logo-btm.jpg

news-footer-3.png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

• Haha 1

from American Riviera Orchard wikipedia page:

Along with strawberry jam the brand would be working on raspberry jam, dog treats, and homeware items, including tableware and drinkware

Yes, I can see how this brand might "keep Meghan busy"... next up: blueberry jam and cat treats.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

a life of privilge and public adoration

Actually hard work, amidst MUCH self-restraint.

Which she was entirely unprepared for and unwilling to learn. As for him, he's just a nitwit.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

She has messed it up spectacularly.

From royalty, a life of privilge and public adoration to fake royal tours and flogging dog biscuits on her stupidly named website. She is also one of the most derided women on the planet, being ridiculed on South Park amongst others. Labeled a ******* grifter by the boss of Spotify. Multiple projects that never got off the ground. Netflix/Spotify deals about to be/already cancelled.

She's a busted flush and it wouldn't surprise me if they try to weasel their way back into the Royal Family within 3 years. She has been exposed as the lying narcissist that she is.

Harry got played, the dimwit. 

I doubt I could add much to that.

Seems she is feeling the cold winds of exclusion, and not liking it.

As for Harry, a sad pathetic silly man that gave it all up for her.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, CharlieKo said:

All she knows is how to wreck a family. She did it with her own family and now she did it to the Royal family. They are a pathetic pair, who I am sure will end up divorced. She can then pretend to be a royal for America living off the royal tittles her 2 sprogs have! 

Sh.......te for brains the pair of them.

It's becoming more likely as time goes by that the stories about Charles not being Harry's biological father being true. He's nothing like William.

38 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's becoming more likely as time goes by that the stories about Charles not being Harry's biological father being true. He's nothing like William.

Indeed. Harry never was Charles's son. It seems everyone knew this but Charlie Boy.   

Kudos to her & husband for getting as far away from that family as possible.  Seem like some horrible people IMHO

Hopefully raise the family away from the press, as he knows how negative that can be.

"says a prominent royal expert" ... :cheesy:

Edited by KhunLA

7 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Kudos to her & husband for getting as far away from that family as possible.  Seem like some horrible people IMHO

I agree, kudos.

And keep them away from 'that family' and the country and the press and everywhere else too please.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, RayC said:

Rather like most soap operas, this one has more than run its' course. Hopefully, the media will realise that soon.

If the media lose interest, I'm sure the Markles will find something to drum it back up.

They need the media like a fish needs water. 

image.png.93c56cc907ae2710dfd4a5cfe5eb53f9.png

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Who are those horrible people and why are they horrible ?

I'll guess that's rhetorical, or you need to read up about on 'his' family, present & past.

Not a family I'd want to belong to, IMHO ... well, except for their finances, which Meghan & Harry don't need

Edited by KhunLA
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

I'll guess that's rhetorical, or you need to read up about on 'his' family, present & past.

Not a family I'd want to belong to ... well, except for their finances, which Meghan & Harry don't need

I am asking you why you stated that some members of the Royal family are "horrible" .

Which people and why are they horrible ?

Megans treatment of Royal  staff suggests that Megan is the horrible one 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

well, except for their finances, which Meghan & Harry don't need

Oh they need alright. Who's going to pay for their "we want to be left alone" security when they go on royal trips abroad. Trying to be royal costs money. Harry could always stack shelves at his local Walmart. Its about all he's qualified for. 55555

Edited by CharlieKo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, CharlieKo said:

Oh they need alright. Who's going to pay for their "we want to be left alone" security when they go on royal trips abroad. Trying to be royal costs money. Harry could always stack shelves at his local Walmart. Its about all he's qualified for. 55555

Despite boasting a combined net worth of £48 million, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wealth is dwarfed by that of their Hollywood pals.

3 minutes ago, TedG said:

The horror, the horror. 

Yes, must suck being worth only 10s or millions.   One I replied to, seems to think, they are poor, and can't afford private security :cheesy:

• Like 1